Kamara and Jack

KGR98

We need one of them to be box to box and one of them to be the sitter and recycler of the ball currently the two of them are sitting i think Jack is more suited to box to box he's showed last season his finishing has improved

Mcphail1872

Official Ticketer
There is a change in shape and positional sense Kamara and Jack are both a 2 in the middle taking from defence and looking to pass to either fullbacks. This looks like a ploy to release aribo and the other 3 forwards plus opposite fullback. Leaving 4 back (those 2 and both CH) and 6 forward.

the_joker8

Official Ticketer
Both of them playing is a major reason we haven’t conceded. It leaves Aribo hagi kent to attack along within our full backs.

at home yes , there is no need for both but away games where we need to control the game and not let the opponents near them they are good security which lets the others attack

PMB1872

Midfield upgrades are every bit as important to us as a Morelos replacement if we’re to be successful this season.
Let’s be honest, you often get what you pay for. And we’ve hardly spent a penny on our midfield options, Hagi aside, compared to the money spent on Kent, Helander, Goldson and Barisic.

148bear

Wasn’t impressed with Kamara today and Jack was pretty quiet but did a few good things.
Agree with this Kamara does nothing for me i dont rate him at all a side pass or back pass is his limit ,caught twice in possesion again luckily nothing came out of it for sheep,every time he has ball i fear him fannying about losing possesion and causing a attack against us need better than him in midfield.

Worthy_Candidate

I would have preferred to have seen Arfield start rather than both Jack and Kamara.

In Scotland we should be playing Aribo and Arfield or Davis in every match (maybe the tarrier away excepted) with one of either Jack or Kamara.

Prod Wallace

Playing the two in most domestic games makes for very tough viewing.

It is not either players fault but their style and ability means they have a certain ceiling and when your up against Scottish clubs, they will be happy having two very similar players in a Rangers midfield 3.

Personally I think both are a capable players but if we truly want to make the next step, I don’t think we can afford to not upgrade on them.
Almost word for word said the same thing when discussing the game and season ahead yesterday.

If you add Jack, Davis and Kamara together you get all the attributes of a great midfielder. But we need to play all 3 to get what Gerrard seems to seek in midfield.

I actually think that getting the midfield balance right will make or break our season.

Would love to see an Aribo, Hagi and (Jack, Kamara or Zungu) in a 3 against the cloggers.

Melbbear

It is not either players fault but their style and ability means they have a certain ceiling and when your up against Scottish clubs, they will be happy having two very similar players in a Rangers midfield 3.

Personally I think both are a capable players but if we truly want to make the next step, I don’t think we can afford to not upgrade on them.
Jack was outstanding last season didn’t play bad yesterday.

Burgh-Ger

Jack and Kamara absolutely bossed it today (with the exception of maybe 10mins in the second half).
Their positional play and ball retention allowed Aribo to push on along with both fullbacks at the same time.
Madness that some don’t see the benefit of having both in there for a game that is historically one of our toughest of the season!!

No.8

Official Ticketer
We go to Aberdeen and they don’t have a single shot on target yet we have literally dozens of posts and posters criticising the team!

There is a reason our fullbacks can play so high up the park and that’s Jack and Kamara!

To allow Hagi, Kent and Aribo to play the way they do we need Jack and Kamara there!

Football is a team game and Jack and Kamara are absolutely needed to allow the others to play.

I’ve never really bought into this place being infested by Tarriers but after reading some of the post match comments I am starting to have second thoughts

Clubeuropeloyal

As in our goal yesterday?
how many other chances did we make though? you not think we are slow playing the ball about in the wrong 2 thirds of the park?

we don’t create enough genuine chances.

to use 1 of the few times we did break quick which resulted in our goal I would think would strengthen my argument!

Edinburgh_Loyal

In league games I am no fan of Kamara, I just don't think his game is suited for the Scottish game, for me he is too slow when on the ball; having said that, in Europe I think you can see when he has more time and space he is more comfortable and looks a player.
I agree with this. Kamara is more suited to Europe and the Old Firm games. Think we should sell if a good offer came in.

Sam Minella

They both recycle the ball well, but in terms of affecting the pitch offensively then we need better. I think Jack is a bit better at it than Kamara but I think for most of the season we will not need both of them to play at the same time.

I'd be happy if Zungu and another was bought in to play along side Aribo but if Zungu is this guy that gets on the ball and plays it forward etc then he's going to have less options with Jack or Kamara standing on the toes of the centre halves.

There was a few times yesterday Balogun brought the ball into midfield to get us further up the park and he coasted by Jack AND Kamara.

No.8

Official Ticketer
how many other chances did we make though? you not think we are slow playing the ball about in the wrong 2 thirds of the park?

we don’t create enough genuine chances.

to use 1 of the few times we did break quick which resulted in our goal I would think would strengthen my argument!
They both recycle the ball well, but in terms of affecting the pitch offensively then we need better. I think Jack is a bit better at it than Kamara but I think for most of the season we will not need both of them to play at the same time.

I'd be happy if Zungu and another was bought in to play along side Aribo but if Zungu is this guy that gets on the ball and plays it forward etc then he's going to have less options with Jack or Kamara standing on the toes of the centre halves.

There was a few times yesterday Balogun brought the ball into midfield to get us further up the park and he coasted by Jack AND Kamara.
Ffs it’s not rocket science!

The reason Balogun was able to do this is because Jack and Kamara are there to cover him!!!! And to cover for our attacking fullbacks!

Aberdeen sat in for the majority of the game making it impossible to counter them

NDC bear forever

Really hope we never see Jack as a 6 again unless it‘s an emergency. He just doesn’t do enough of what we require in that position.

Zungu I imagine will replace Kamara and play as the 6 allowing Jack to move to being the right sided 8. Hopefully Zungu adds a bit of forward thinking to the middle of the park - I believe he will. Would still like an 8 brought in.

Delboy Trotter

Our problem is that most of our midfielders are all the same

Yesterday near the end Tav broke down the right and only Morelos was in the box, Aribo arriving at the edge.

We went back the way where Jack, Arfield and Kamara were all standing about 10 yards apart, just inside Aberdeen’s half.

We simply need to find different types of midfielders as the above 3 are all similar plus add Davis into that as well

Sam Minella

Ffs it’s not rocket science!

The reason Balogun was able to do this is because Jack and Kamara are there to cover him!!!! And to cover for our attacking fullbacks!

Aberdeen sat in for the majority of the game making it impossible to counter them
The actual reason Balogun had to do this was to find someone further up the park and not passing it 10 yards to Jack or Kamara? Have we ever seen Helander and Katic do that? The only time I recall is Helander against East Fife last season.

I don't have a problem with one holding midfielder looking to come short but when both come deep it shuts off avenue's to get us further up the park. The opposition know once the centre halves get it from the keeper either going to go out wide to a full back or to one of Kamara and Jack, pretty easy to set up against. It also doesn't help that it takes so long to get played so it gives the opposition even more time to re-set.

"ITS NOT ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!"

This isn't an attack on the pair of them by the way, that's their game, that's fine, it's what they are good at - it just doesn't help us in certain types of games.

Arkanoid

That's 1 of our 4 toughest away games completed! They compliment each other very well and there should be zero issue with them both playing at Pittodrie. It was also noticeable Kamara having far more touches in the final 3rd, his end product was awful but another noticeable change and another positive tweak by Gerrard and the coaching staff

JMCK

Jack had a good game overall, but I'm not sure he and Kamara held the centre as well as they should have, particularly in the second half. Maybe they need more time together before we see them?

Hehaw

I actually feel both played very well, they dropped back to cover holes and offer cover, it allowed Morelos to play in a false 9 position and created space for our attacking midfielders.

If we had scored 2-3 more goals I think it would have highlighted how crucial their roles were but that is on Kent, Hagi and Aribo.

davmcc

Official Ticketer
The negativity on here today is absolutely incredible after winning our first game of the season at the second hardest venue we will visit all season.

Utterly mental.

It's getting out of control on here.
It's absolutely bizarre.

Same posters every week always greeting about something.

We controlled the game from start to finish yesterday. Got our goal, could have scored another couple and never looked like conceding.

Coplandbear

Really hope we never see Jack as a 6 again unless it‘s an emergency. He just doesn’t do enough of what we require in that position.

Zungu I imagine will replace Kamara and play as the 6 allowing Jack to move to being the right sided 8. Hopefully Zungu adds a bit of forward thinking to the middle of the park - I believe he will. Would still like an 8 brought in.
I think Jack is pretty much in the middle between a 6 and 8 he was quiet yesterday but we know he can be effective and is a big favourite of Gerrard's.

I still think two dynamic midfielders of quality will dramatically change us especially going forward.

Zungu holding spreading the ball forward, Aribo box to box, add in a dynamic creative player and I think we will have near enough the perfect midfield three.

Auld Heid

The two of them constantly come deep and end up playing pointless one/two's with Goldson. All this achieves is slowing the game down and given opponents the chance to sit deep and organise.

Whilst acknowledging both have many attributes - increasing the tempo of games isn't one of them.

Never understood why they don't on such occasions, show the desire to carry the ball forwards.

Cadzow Bear

There was a point last season where Jack looked as if he had leapt forward in development but its looking like he can't sustain that level. He might yet prove me wrong as the season goes on. I agree that him and Kamara shouldn't be required in the same line up. I'm not entirely convinced by either player.

davmcc

Official Ticketer
There was a point last season where Jack looked as if he had leapt forward in development but its looking like he can't sustain that level. He might yet prove me wrong as the season goes on. I agree that him and Kamara shouldn't be required in the same line up. I'm not entirely convinced by either player.
Ffs!!! Yesterday was the first game of the season!

How the %^*& can you come to that conclusion 1 game into a season?

Coplandbear

Jack has dramatically improved but I think he has peaked with us he is an integral part of the squad but if the right player comes along I think he's replaceable.

We do have a good midfield but you can see it still needs improving.