Kemar Roofe

Rubbish. Roofe is a better player. Would be a very good signing but he would have a lot of suitors at a knockdown price.

waghorn 9 goals in 37 where as Roofe had 14 in 32 but thats games i don't know about minutes on the pitch

Verly likely it would be both with Sturridge being a free

If we sold Morelos and brought in sturridge, roofe and a CH with the proceeds I think we would be in a very strong position for the season ahead.
Surely we can’t bring in both? I love the optimism though:D

You're right. I burst out laughing too when I hear what I consider low Morelos valuations. But sometimes I start to think, can I be right and everyone else be wrong? English people scoff when I talk about wanting Dembele sized fees for Alfredo.

What most English know about Scottish football could be written in capital letters on the back of a postage stamp .

Another point I would make...i'd much rather have Roofe than Sturridge
In terms of winning our own league I'd rather keep Alfie but sturridge and Roofe would probably compliment Gerrards style of play better when defoe plays

Last edited:
Can't see Leeds letting him go tbh

He's only got a year left on his contract, and seemingly they've put a £5 mill.figure on his head, as i think the 26 yr.old want's to leave.
He's a good player, and at a good age.Maybe worth keeping an eye on, if the buffalo leaves, and personally i think he wil.As i think S.Gs.a bit pissed off with him and his behaviour.

Verly likely it would be both with Sturridge being a free

If we sold Morelos and brought in sturridge, roofe and a CH with the proceeds I think we would be in a very strong position for the season ahead.
So what happens when Sturridge inevitably gets injured or Roofe didnt hit the ground running?

No way would i be selling Morelos to have that 2 in my team.

Im not suggesting you do as i dont know, but the amount of people wanting rid of Morelos is ridiculous. And to replace him with the Leeds striker ffs?

People forget how good Morelos was last season, and how many times he fucking saved us from dropping points too. You could argue he caused us to drop some with him being suspended etc but no way will we be able to bring in someone able to score 30 plus goals in one season like he did.

We should be doing all we can to keep Morelos. Not actively trying to get rid IMO of course.

Christ, can you imagine the meltdown if we managed to get him? Imagine leaving Leeds for the SPL etc etc

In terms of winning our own league I'd rather keep Alfie but sturridge and Roofe would probably compliment Gerrards style of play better when defoe plays

I would rather keep morelos as well. However it does look like he will be going tbh.

I'd agree on the style of play. Roofe is much more akin to Defoe than Morelos

at this stage its just a rumour, imagine the meltdown if it happens lol

If we were playing Leeds tomorrow at Ibrox I would expect to beat them. The Championship is the most over rated league going about just now. A few good teams but there is tons of dross in it. Barry Bannan is like f*cking Iniesta in that league for christ sake.

If we were playing Leeds tomorrow at Ibrox I would expect to beat them. The Championship is the most over rated league going about just now. A few good teams but there is tons of dross in it. Barry Bannan is like f*cking Iniesta in that league for christ sake.

It would be close but similarly I think we would beat them

Jim White

Source close to @LUFC puts Kemar Roofe-to-@RangersFC speculation down to “agent talk.” Yorkshire club has had no approaches for the player.

Unlikely we would have approached Leeds before selling Morelos anyway so the Jim White tweet doesn’t change much. Clear we have obvious interest in him though.

Jim White

Source close to @LUFC puts Kemar Roofe-to-@RangersFC speculation down to “agent talk.” Yorkshire club has had no approaches for the player.
Just a lady's front bottom being a lady's front bottom and recirculating the news its obviously just agent talk right now as there is nothing official on Morelos yet

So what happens when Sturridge inevitably gets injured or Roofe didnt hit the ground running?

No way would i be selling Morelos to have that 2 in my team.

Im not suggesting you do as i dont know, but the amount of people wanting rid of Morelos is ridiculous. And to replace him with the Leeds striker ffs?

People forget how good Morelos was last season, and how many times he fucking saved us from dropping points too. You could argue he caused us to drop some with him being suspended etc but no way will we be able to bring in someone able to score 30 plus goals in one season like he did.

We should be doing all we can to keep Morelos. Not actively trying to get rid IMO of course.

I'm happy for him to stay.

However if we sell him and that's the replacements then the squad is stronger overall.

It's good business.

Jim the tim White on twitter saying its just agent talk

He knows nothing these days especially Rangers related matters and he's done enough damage and eroded his reputation amongst our support especially over the last few years.

Went on a Leeds forum there and they understand bids are currently being invited for Roofe due to his contract situation and bielsa and himself not seeing eye to eye.

Yes, thats what my colleagues are telling me. Apparently Roofe is a bit egocentric, hence him and Bielsa falling out.

Jim White

Dear oh dear Jim. Maybe, just maybe, the journo from Leeds has actually been talking to the relevant agents about it. Rangers obviously aren't going to approach Leeds about it until - and if - they are in a position to bid. Its no rocket science.

FWIW I think Roofe would be an excellent signing. I think others will outbid us though.

I would much rather have Alfredo than either of them, but if selling Alfredo means we can bring in Roofe and still have money left over for a quality centre half then i'm all for it.

If we got 15 mil for Alfie and spent 5 on Roofe and used the other 10 to invest elsewhere it would be great business.

I love Alfie but that would let us strengthen the team in a big way.

The Records back page saying Sturridge is a target aswell and we are ready to sell Morelos, so one paper has us with Roofe and the other Sturridge.

Completely accept it's a risky strategy, but hypothetically if we can get Roofe and Sturridge for £5M + wages in return for £15M for Morelos, it would be difficult to turn that down, all things considered.

Back