Kerryfail Meltdown - It's the hope that kills you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cause we react so badly to our own players blessing themselves! They really hang on to the notion we have issues with religion, which in turn justifies their own bigotry!
Isn't there about 6 of our usual squad (including the bench) bless themselves going on the pitch? Borna, Alfie, Tav, Defoe, Kent (?) & Goldson. There could be more but it got brought to my attention the last time I heard it & noticed loads doing it. I didn't even realise it before then.

Isn't there about 6 of our usual squad (including the bench) bless themselves going on the pitch? Borna, Alfie, Tav, Defoe, Kent (?) & Goldson. There could be more but it got brought to my attention the last time I heard it & noticed loads doing it. I didn't even realise it before then.
A good number and has been for years. They are so stuck in their own bigotry wanting to tell others what we think. A sad pathetic fan base who would have to support their own club without us! As you can see they don’t do well having to support their own club!

Possibly already posted

This has really got the manky bast@rds foaming at the mouth.

Literally pages about us playing a preseason friendly. It’s as if it’s the first time anyone has ever played a friendly.

They have gone from how we are going to pay Madrid’s fee to ah but Madrid were coming to Scotland anyway.

Oh and apparently Madrid are one of the most catholic clubs in the world, like that has any relevance, bigoted ignorant bast@rds.

Literally pages about us playing a preseason friendly. It’s as if it’s the first time anyone has ever played a friendly.

They have gone from how we are going to pay Madrid’s fee to ah but Madrid were coming to Scotland anyway.

Oh and apparently Madrid are one of the most catholic clubs in the world, like that has any relevance, bigoted ignorant bast@rds.
Got to say I’m amazed that Madrid may be catholic coming from Spain. Thank god they’ve informed us of this call it off

Barasic, Aribo, Katic, Kamara Bassey and Defoe certainly bless themselves . I have never seen Tav, Goldson or Morelos bless themselves (I've never seen any indication that Tav is RC)

What have the demographics of religion in Madrid got to do with anything? Honestly, some of their fans need to take a day off.

Wow....they have not taken the Madrid friendly news well at all have they? 4 pages since yesterday dedicated to this.

Superb reading as it ranges from 'Where is the money they have to pay a team like Real?' to mentioning Real being a catholic team. They really are a bunch of narrow-minded bigots. The jealousy/hurting is real.

It really matters not but it should be noted that there are various religious denominations that make the sign of the cross, even in the Church of England some Anglicans choose to do it. Its just not a Presbyterian thing, doesn't mean its purely Catholic.

Fool, bigoted fools, the lot of them.
It must be over twenty years since Hearts fans thought they’d taunt us with their “you’ve got more Tim’s than Celtic” chant about our team.
Thing is, they may well have been right!
And that’s another point.
It’s the fans of other clubs, Celtic the main ones of course, that have the problem here and are actually more likely to know the religion of our players than we will!
McGregor’s religious beliefs? Don’t know, don’t care.
Borna’s religious beliefs? Don’t know, don’t care.
Helander’s religious beliefs. Don’t know, don’t care.
etc etc

All damn fine footballers though.

Wouldnt even cross my mind to consider it if they didn’t bring it up.

Wow....they have not taken the Madrid friendly news well at all have they? 4 pages since yesterday dedicated to this.

Superb reading as it ranges from 'Where is the money they have to pay a team like Real?' to mentioning Real being a catholic team. They really are a bunch of narrow-minded bigots. The jealousy/hurting is real.
Do teams pay each other for preseason friendlies?
If so, clearly not a lot of money as never been an issue for any club anywhere before.

Barasic, Aribo, Katic, Kamara Bassey and Defoe certainly bless themselves . I have never seen Tav, Goldson or Morelos bless themselves (I've never seen any indication that Tav is RC)

And it has to be said, not one Bear gives a flying f*ck and it had been this way for a long time........ just the Tims who don't want that to be the case, oh how they'd love it to be the case that we raged at any of our players for blessing themselves.

I might have been mistaken with Tav. I've saw both Borna & Alfie kissing the wrist (as if it's roseries or something), then the cross then point/look up to the skies. IIRC Borna's devout Catholic as I seem to remember it was brought up in a Croatian interview about the whole Protestant Club bit & he shot it down saying he's been accepted just fine & wouldn't have known if he wasn't told. Save for the grumbles when he was injured anyway but that's a different matter.
It really matters not but it should be noted that there are various religious denominations that make the sign of the cross, even in the Church of England some Anglicans choose to do it. Its just not a Presbyterian thing, doesn't mean its purely Catholic.
True enough. I was just pointing out loads do it. They can be scientologists or into the flying spaghetti monster for all I care. As long as they can play the ball in the right direction is all that matters.

I might have been mistaken with Tav. I've saw both Borna & Alfie kissing the wrist (as if it's roseries or something), then the cross then point/look up to the skies. IIRC Borna's devout Catholic as I seem to remember it was brought up in a Croatian interview about the whole Protestant Club bit & he shot it down saying he's been accepted just fine & wouldn't have known if he wasn't told. Save for the grumbles when he was injured anyway but that's a different matter.

True enough. I was just pointing out loads do it. They can be scientologists or into the flying spaghetti monster for all I care. As long as they can play the ball in the right direction is all that matters.
Yip the coptic church members cross themselves, as well as the church of the East, Anglicans (some) Lutherans and the Greek orthodox Church members all cross themselves and excommunicated with roman Catholics until more recent times. I'm sure there will be many more.

I genuinely can’t get my head around why they are in such a spin over us playing a pre season friendly?

Only guess I have is that they thought we would have no chance at all of attracting the worlds biggest club to Ibrox for a friendly.

It must really grind on them.
Enticing Real Madrid over for a friendly is great under any circumstance. Throw on the untold pain and angst it is creating for them for some unknown reason and it makes it even sweeter.

If Bayern Munich, Barcelona or Juventus played them in a preseason friendly I would honestly give zero fcuks other than enjoying seeing Messi, Ronaldo or Lewandowksi scoring about 5

I genuinely can’t get my head around why they are in such a spin over us playing a pre season friendly?

Only guess I have is that they thought we would have no chance at all of attracting the worlds biggest club to Ibrox for a friendly.

It must really grind on them.

We all knew they would lose the plot. None of us could've seen this level of lunacy. It's truly amazing. Even at our lowest ebb, I'd like to think none of our runs went this Batshit and even if there was a few, we are literally talking a handful of dafties. This mob are rocking up in their thousands to attack their own stadium ffs :)

You want to know a Rangers players religion? Ask a celtc fan!
If the Archbishop of Canterbury played a ball out wide for the Dalai Lama to fire in a cross the Pope to volley home against whoever we were playing who cares? For as long as they wear the famous blue jersey and give their all I dont care what a players religious beliefs are. As you say the only ones worried by this are the scum

Loads of our players cross themselves and no-one bats an eyelid. As others have said they choose to believe we have an issue with it.
I thought they would have more of an issue about Real Madrid turning up especially with their poet/nationalist love in on all things Barcelona and Catalonian independence. Green Brigade will be out with their little balaclavas and Catalonian flags.

Last edited:
25Nakamura:Yea, there is an element of luck for them (lack of injuries to Tavernier and Barisic, with no real backup to them), but they do seem to tie up deals quick and sign guys to fit their system. They have seven or eight central midfielders that are basically the exact same player, so an injury or suspension means there is no negative impact. They initially struggled when Morelos was out the team, who is constantly suspended or dropping out of form, and signed two guys to cover that.
:D

1) No injuries to Tav or Barisic (both were injured)
2) No backup for Tav or Barisic (except for both of them. Patterson and Bassey are miles better than anything they had last season)
3) Eight midfielders the same (he must be a junkie, none of our midfielders overlap much and we dont have 8)
4) Morelos was hardly suspended last season but when he was off form Roofe was banging them in

Yes, luck. Total luck.

:D

1) No injuries to Tav or Barisic (both were injured)
2) No backup for Tav or Barisic (except for both of them. Patterson and Bassey are miles better than anything they had last season)
3) Eight midfielders the same (he must be a junkie, none of our midfielders overlap much and we dont have 8)
4) Morelos was hardly suspended last season but when he was off form Roofe was banging them in

Yes, luck. Total luck.
Apart from everything he said being wrong, as you pointed out, last season we had

Davis
Kamara
Jack
Arfield
Zungu - who we rarely used, other than cameo appearances.

Hagi and Aribo dropped into the middle 3 occasionally but aren’t really central midfielders per se

The 5 lifted above share some similarities, they are all CMs after all, but they also have some very different attributes. Compare Arfield to Davis or Kamara for example.

McGregor’s religious beliefs? Don’t know, don’t care.
Borna’s religious beliefs? Don’t know, don’t care.
Helander’s religious beliefs. Don’t know, don’t care.
etc etc

All damn fine footballers though.

Wouldnt even cross my mind to consider it if they didn’t bring it up.
You shouldn't CROSS your mind!

BardseyCelt
21K6,600

10:15 PM - Today#3696
Tolouse didn’t take up the offer as they wouldn’t stump up the 1.5m or whatever. So safe to say we’ve got about that

Aye no bother. So the team he was at on loan said “%^*& that fee” and sent him back but Gent came right in with the money…

BardseyCelt
21K6,600

10:15 PM - Today#3696
Tolouse didn’t take up the offer as they wouldn’t stump up the 1.5m or whatever. So safe to say we’ve got about that

Aye no bother. So the team he was at on loan said “%^*& that fee” and sent him back but Gent came right in with the money…
Widely reported as bought for 2mil.

Toulouse wouldnt pay 1.5mil

Safe to say Gent likely paid a bit less than that.

So losses in excess of half a mil on a complete haddy

Good stuff

Enticing Real Madrid over for a friendly is great under any circumstance. Throw on the untold pain and angst it is creating for them for some unknown reason and it makes it even sweeter.

If Bayern Munich, Barcelona or Juventus played them in a preseason friendly I would honestly give zero fcuks other than enjoying seeing Messi, Ronaldo or Lewandowksi scoring about 5
They do seem fixated with "attractive friendlies" one way or another.

The rage over Madrid coming to play us is off the scale. Going on about how we’ll react if they bless themselves etc. They really are stuck in that era. The good thing is, when they start posting that nonsense you know the painometer has hit red.
It's beyond red, it's white, incandescent white just like Humza Useless exclaimed!

Real Madrid strip: WHITE!, Rangers shorts: WHITE!, #FFFFFF WHITE!

Last edited:

I wonder who the others are.

Another apologist. We know they will come after us. They’ve came before and they’ll come again. We welcome the chase.
Spotlight state facts from their own publications. They printed it, not us. And there’s still more to come.
Wow, talk about trying to muddy the water so the guilty can slip away.

That guy has a disgustingly nasty mentality.

What have the demographics of religion in Madrid got to do with anything? Honestly, some of their fans need to take a day off.
It’s impossible to understand what they think upsets or offends us.
Do they think we celebrated less when McCann clinched us the league?
Or any of our other RC players, I don’t know who or how many, who have have done them?
Do they reckon we celebrated less because the guys from other teams who done them last season were RC?
(There are too many to remember who they were but some would definitely RC.)

A message to the lurkers reading this post:
Do you see a common theme there?
We don’t know who are RC and who isn’t.
We are not the ones obsessed with this.
Actually, we are not the ones obsessed with our opponents.

Another apologist. We know they will come after us. They’ve came before and they’ll come again. We welcome the chase.
Spotlight state facts from their own publications. They printed it, not us. And there’s still more to come.
What does “well to interest” interpret as?

I think somecan see through the lies.

murphio
49K10,158

Older than dirt

12:02 AM - Today#2261
aldo wrote:
11:29 PM - 1 day ago
murphio wrote:
10:55 PM - 1 day ago
Decided by who? You don't mean to say Ange has had his backroom team foisted on him? Stunned I am.
No no, it's not like that. Ange never takes a coaching team with him, ever; always makes a point of working with who's already there. How fortuitous that whetever he's went he inherited staff who were so good he never considered replacing them with more experienced, better qualified coaches whom he knows and trusts!
Aye, what a stroke of luck. Our exhaustive search for a manager resulted in appointing Ange - who's link to Lawwell and the City group was simply a happy accident. And now, in another remarkable coindence, this manager has been so utterly blown away by the coaching prowess of Bert and Ernie he 'decided' to keep them without even considering other candidates. What considerable good fortune - very soon we'll also probably find many of the players we need for the extensive rebuild are already at Lennoxtown. This giant turd just gets more and more hilarious as the days and weeks go on - but not as half as hilarious as the attempts to polish it.

They'd do anything to have the record in europe we do under Gerrard yet we're a 'well drilled functioning team' B-D

brigadesdg

Considering retirement

2:23 PM - 4 days ago#124
Going by Sheff Utd fans on Twitter, I don't think we'll have anything to worry about him as an individual player. However on paper their starting 11 should have caused us no problems last year. It's the fact that they work together as a functioning team that's the problem, not individual talent. It's something we need to get going ourselves and pronto.

Shannon04

First team training

10:41 PM - 4 days ago#129
Wouldn’t Lundstram be a replacement for Davis? As was said earlier the *Champions the glorious Glasgow Rangers have got their act together since 2018 in terms of recruitment. They are a well drilled functional team. Thanks to our implosion and dodgy refs they found it easy to walk the league.

*Edit

They'd do anything to have the record in europe we do under Gerrard yet we're a 'well drilled functioning team' B-D

brigadesdg

Considering retirement

2:23 PM - 4 days ago#124
Going by Sheff Utd fans on Twitter, I don't think we'll have anything to worry about him as an individual player. However on paper their starting 11 should have caused us no problems last year. It's the fact that they work together as a functioning team that's the problem, not individual talent. It's something we need to get going ourselves and pronto.

Shannon04

First team training

10:41 PM - 4 days ago#129
Wouldn’t Lundstram be a replacement for Davis? As was said earlier the *Champions the glorious Glasgow Rangers have got their act together since 2018 in terms of recruitment. They are a well drilled functional team. Thanks to our implosion and dodgy refs they found it easy to walk the league.

*Edit
You can literally taste the pain in every bash of their keyboard.

Glorious.

They just cannot get through the day without their default fallback of “dodgy refs” rearing up for them to hide behind.
I know, like dodgy refs were to blame for their complete inability to defend cross balls or for Christie to fire about 5 or 6 balls into the stand every game.

And that with European refs we still had brilliant results………….they really are an odd bunch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back