Kerryfail Meltdown - It's the hope that kills you

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm pretty certain Ange wasn't even second choice.
He's a fucking train wreck, he got chased from oz by the press who questioned his tactics and ability after defeats with national team. He only got the top job because no one else wanted it at the time, just wait until the pressure is on he's a fruit tingle and will explode as soon as he's leaned on by the media.

Last edited:
They seem to be dropping cash on a plethora of players, they're linked to about 20 players atm and it seems to be a new name each day that's linked. It's so scattergun in it's approach. It's actually quite mental. Also, I get they are over inflating the fees via the press but they'll have spent a hefty wedge of their budget already.

They aren't building anything either. They appear to be bric-a-brac-ing it and getting deals done at random. They should have had the defence solidified in time for pre-season and the CL qualifiers. They had enough time to at least do that. Instead they've signed a couple of Sheffield Wednesday youngsters on bosmans, an Israeli winger, a Japanese striker, a Swedish centrehalf and now are signing a Portuguese Right back. Not to mention they seem to be linked to half of Croatia and now a Peruvian striker.

I'm not seeing anything resembling joined up thinking, not even remotely. It seems that they are that desperate to get deals done now, that they are signing players up without actually weighing anything up. Beggars can't be choosers of course, but they've made an arse of the window so far. Desperately needed a new goalie, a new centre half and a new fullback. They've signed 1 of those as it stands.

Despite spending a fair whack already. It's going to take them months to gel properly and the season kicks off in 4 days. I'd be shitting myself if it was us. Not them though. They'll be talking themselves up right until reality slaps them in the face. If they crash out tomorrow night and then trip up at Tynecastle on Saturday, the knives will be getting sharpened.

They seem to be dropping cash on a plethora of players, they're linked to about 20 players atm and it seems to be a new name each day that's linked. It's so scattergun in it's approach. It's actually quite mental. Also, I get they are over inflating the fees via the press but they'll have spent a hefty wedge of their budget already.

They aren't building anything either. They appear to be bric-a-brac-ing it and getting deals done at random. They should have had the defence solidified in time for pre-season and the CL qualifiers. They had enough time to at least do that. Instead they've signed a couple of Sheffield Wednesday youngsters on bosmans, an Israeli winger, a Japanese striker, a Swedish centrehalf and now are signing a Portuguese Right back. Not to mention they seem to be linked to half of Croatia and now a Peruvian striker.

I'm not seeing anything resembling joined up thinking, not even remotely. It seems that they are that desperate to get deals done now, that they are signing players up without actually weighing anything up. Beggars can't be choosers of course, but they've made an arse of the window so far. Desperately needed a new goalie, a new centre half and a new fullback. They've signed 1 of those as it stands.

Despite spending a fair whack already. It's going to take them months to gel properly and the season kicks off in 4 days. I'd be shitting myself if it was us. Not them though. They'll be talking themselves up right until reality slaps them in the face. If they crash out tomorrow night and then trip up at Tynecastle on Saturday, the knives will be getting sharpened.
it's amazing how last season's disaster hasn't dissipated their ten in a row hubris. Despite getting absolutely humiliated, they still say we're an average team, they've got the better players etc. it's mental.

I suspect they'll squeeze by the Danes, and probably have a hard-fought narrow win against hearts.

They'll then get excited the Flange revolution is taking shape.

This will quickly turn on its head when they get turfed out next round of Europe and get a hiding at Ibrox.

looking at the money they have spent and the rebuild they have got ahead, no one can tell me they wouldnt have been better bringing in Marciano from hibs, Gallagher from motherwell, Odonnell and Nisbet

then add a few

they would be in a stronger position even though its SPL dross.

looks to me like their all in on Angeball rather than trying to stabilise

I wonder how long it will take until their fans who write for the red tops are writing their exclusives on Spurs,Newcastle etc preparing massive bids for any of the new signings
No doubt Israeli wonderkid Abadadabadoo will be first to attract these imaginary bids
When you watch the podcasts they spout the propaganda coming from the piggery as fact so they obviously got told if they didn't toe the line they won't get invited to anymore meet and greets

I wonder how long it will take until their fans who write for the red tops are writing their exclusives on Spurs,Newcastle etc preparing massive bids for any of the new signings
No doubt Israeli wonderkid Abadadabadoo will be first to attract these imaginary bids
When you watch the podcasts they spout the propaganda coming from the piggery as fact so they obviously got told if they didn't toe the line they won't get invited to anymore meet and greets
Usually it’s within the same transfer window, no?

Have they missed out again?

Sun Reports
COSTA TO BESIKTAS?

Diego Costa
is considering a £50,000-per-week contract offer from Besiktas after seven months without a club.

Even if all their signings work out they still have nowhere near the squad depth to mount any kind of meaningful challenge

by winter their team will be knackered

they have learned nothing and are so arrogant they can’t see it

I think they will go out tonight and drop points Saturday

they will then be on the back foot.

we will beat them at Ibrox and they will be at least 4 points behind and likely 10 goals behind by game 4

He's 32 in Feb

An utterly crazy outlay for a Scottish team

He will however instantly be better than anything they have considering the french boy aint playing

He's 32 in Feb

An utterly crazy outlay for a Scottish team

He will however instantly be better than anything they have considering the french boy aint playing

His club are saying no concrete offer, if they are even contemplating 8.2m for a 32 year old they are mental and shows they have no strategy in place for transfers. They are bringing in a huge amount of foreign players and expecting them to gel immediately, it very rarely works like that.

I still expect them to go through tonight, I think Midtylland are a bit shite now with their own issues but PSV will open them up exactly the way West Ham did and they will lose heavily. They will go into the Europa Group Stages and lose a lot of games home and away if Ange is going to stick with this style and with those keepers.

Joe Harts wage demands will still be astronomical and currently better keepers playing up here
Its now comical thinking about Liewells smug grin as he passed the contract offer over the table to Craig Gordon while mumbling about just signing the Greek national keeper
That mob will end up coaxing Carl Muggleton out of retirement

It's amazing when you consider the turnaround in the last couple of seasons.

From Brendan Rodgers' team when we had Pedro...to now, where we have a clear plan in place in terms of recruitment/tactics etc and they're closing their eyes and pointing to Gavin Strachan's laptop screen when he plays Football Manager to see who they want to sign next.

can't see him being cheap wages wise and I guess they are going to write off the £5m they spent on Barney?
Does not strike me as a signing their manager would want to make. All we have heard is that he wants a sweeper keeper. Hart is not a sweeper keeper, which was one of the reasons he was punted by Guardiola (as well as the numerous mistakes).
He is better than they have, but not ideal if their manager really does want to play with a very high line and a keeper who helps build a possession based game.

City got rid cause he couldn´t play out from the back.
Doesn´t fit in with the Angeball system.

and there is the difference now

we play with interchanging forwards in a 3, using pace
so we secure Wright and add Sakala

they play out from the back in a high line
so they sign a keeper who cannot do that & slow defenders

Does not strike me as a signing their manager would want to make. All we have heard is that he wants a sweeper keeper. Hart is not a sweeper keeper, which was one of the reasons he was punted by Guardiola (as well as the numerous mistakes).
He is better than they have, but not ideal if their manager really does want to play with a very high line and a keeper who helps build a possession based game.
Exactly right. This is another Shane Duffy signing. Can’t see the manager is picking the targets here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back