Kilmarnock to introduce safe standing

Nonsense . The seats can be bolted down as normal seating as and when required . Making the broomloan front safe standing has no impact whatsoever in terms of the away allocation/corner - it would be the exact same scenario as it is now . On the very odd occasion a team demands and gets some extra tickets outwith the away corner , we simply do what we do now. Putting rail seating / safe standing in changes nothing re away fans .
Absolutely bang on - away ticket increase is being used as a tool to get safe standing moved to certain supporters preferred area - rather than consider alternative options

Haud on I thought we were told that no one could get safe standing till the scums trial of it was finished at the crime scene???

What is this even supposed to mean?

Essentially any fan reluctant to move to make way for safe standing is viewed to prefer their (rented) seat for where they sit at the moment as more important than the introduction of safe standing.

That's why you get this slur to some fans.

Last edited:
Has anyone said if it was a successful trial or was there ever a trial in the first place?

My guess is Liewell was in cahoots with GCC and they decided to grant Celtic a 3 year head start on us by allowing safe standing at the piggery only. I doubt it was ever a proper trial.

Funny thing is they needn't have bothered as we dont seem interested in safe standing.

Essentially any fan reluctant to move to make way for safe standing is viewed to prefer their (rented) seat for where they sit at the moment as more important than the introduction of safe standing.

You dont seem concerned about the slurs directed at fans who are arguing for safe standing. Plenty of abuse going in that direction.

You dont seem concerned about the slurs directed at fans who are arguing for safe standing. Plenty of abuse going in that direction.

I think that the abuse/slurs going back is basically folk reacting to the feeling that for whatever reason they may not want to move/have it installed in the section where they currently sit is being dismissed and being accused of holding the club back etc.. It's not right, but neither are certain accusations on what is clearly an emotive subject on both sides of the 'debate'.

Man United did safe standing/singing section at certain games this season and fans simply transferred in and out of the section from their season ticketed seats depending if the club sanctioned a section for that game ......

it was also the corner away and to the right of the stadium ie like our corner and CF1 .....

I think that the abuse/slurs going back is basically folk reacting to the feeling that for whatever reason they may not want to move/have it installed in the section where they currently sit is being dismissed and being accused of holding the club back etc.. It's not right, but neither are certain accusations on what is clearly an emotive subject on both sides of the 'debate'.

Ah, so the abuse towards fans arguing for safe standing is just "folk reacting"? Funny that.

Seems to me you're always on the side of those against change even though you declare your support for change, when pushed.

How do you feel now the tims are out the Broomloan?

Man United did safe standing/singing section at certain games this season and fans simply transferred in and out of the section from their season ticketed seats depending if the club sanctioned a section for that game ......

it was also the corner away and to the right of the stadium ie like our corner and CF1 .....

Rover tickets might be an answer. Im sure those with the best seats wont agree but it does seem fairer all round.

Ah, so the abuse towards fans arguing for safe standing is just "folk reacting"? Funny that.

Seems to me you're always on the side of those against change even though you declare your support for change, when pushed.

How do you feel now the tims are out the Broomloan?

Quite a twist on what I said there. Funny that.

If you can show me anywhere I am on the side of anyone who resists change then I'd be surprised as you quite clearly can't. I am all for safe standing however believe that the club needs to show some sensitivity to people who may be against moving and implement it properly. Is there something wrong with that?

Delighted they have had their allocation cut, the more Rangers fans in the stadium the better and in particular for the OF matches. You?

Rover tickets might be an answer. Im sure those with the best seats wont agree but it does seem fairer all round.

problem is we have the Union bears in BF1 so logically it points you towards buying a ST as close as possible to them but i wouldn't want any form of rail seating put in the Broomloan Front in case circumstances dictated a change in policy in ticketing for bheggar games , hence either copland front where there seems to be some negativity from existing ST holders there only other place could be GF7 the corner & CF1 ......

because some fans won't want to give their seat that they have sat in 25+ years to make way for rail seating

to me if we cant secure an end how about GF7 the corner and CF 1 ......
But rail seating won't be the difference between the club surviving or dying so I think your wording is a bit OTT.
I agree in the respect that should the majority of people in the affected section want it, after the club propose it of course, then the protestors will just need to like it or lump it.
If then they decide to cancel their books and never return then you may have a point about them caring more about the bit of plastic than the club itself.
I do however see peoples points about wishing to remain where they are, cherished memories with loved ones no longer with them, but it all has to be weighed up and if it's for the betterment of the club then they should embrace it, I know I would.

And a slur is exactly what it is, a ridiculous slur at that imo.

With regards to "slurs" aimed at those that dont want to move. No mention of "slurs" aimed at those backing safe standing.

Quite a twist on what I said there. Funny that.

If you can show me anywhere I am on the side of anyone who resists change then I'd be surprised as you quite clearly can't. I am all for safe standing however believe that the club needs to show some sensitivity to people who may be against moving and implement it properly. Is there something wrong with that?

Delighted they have had their allocation cut, the more Rangers fans in the stadium the better and in particular for the OF matches. You?

Here's more.

"The blind debate and scoffing at anyone questioning safe standing is in flow at times on this thread I see".

And another

"Esentially any fan reluctant to move to make way for safe standing is viewed to prefer this (rented) seat for where they sit at the moment as more important than the intro of safe standing.

That's why you get this slur to some fans".

Sounds a bit one sided to me considering the abuse dished out in the opposite direction to those pushing for change.

But rail seating won't be the difference between the club surviving or dying so I think your wording is a bit OTT.
I agree in the respect that should the majority of people in the affected section want it, after the club propose it of course, then the protestors will just need to like it or lump it.
If then they decide to cancel their books and never return then you may have a point about them caring more about the bit of plastic than the club itself.
I do however see peoples points about wishing to remain where they are, cherished memories with loved ones no longer with them, but it all has to be weighed up and if it's for the betterment of the club then they should embrace it, I know I would.

What have I said or wording that I used that is OTT?

Thought it was pretty much middle of the road ps I sit in CR 2 just in case anyone thinks I would gain or lose by my opinion

The Usual end of season pish about demanding supporters who have been attending Ibrox stadium for decades to be moved about to satisfy the johnny come lately's,you won't be getting the seat I sit in

The Usual end of season pish about demanding supporters who have been attending Ibrox stadium for decades to be moved about to satisfy the johnny come lately's,you won't be getting the seat I sit in

You’re not in the seat now though. What if somebody nips round now and takes it?

There can't be that many who have attended for decades , remember we boycotted 14-15 becuase boardroom buffoonery and Troy The Gardiner's Turgid football m

There not getting moved they will have first dibs of where they are to stand.
Do you go to away games?

Sorry but I would suggest a massive majority of our fans wouldn't support safe standing if it affected their seats.
Having said that,it does need addressed but not by insulting fans who have been the lifeblood of the club for years.

.....and the fans who have been the life blood of the club for years who want this to happen for a better atmosphere and much needed help for the players on the pitch....

What about them?

We’re not going to keep everyone happy. That’s obvious. But we can do what the majority want and do what’s best for the club/team. If there’s a few disappointed fans then that’s a shame and unfortunate. But there’s a bigger picture to be looked at here.

.....and the fans who have been the life blood of the club for years who want this to happen for a better atmosphere and much needed help for the players on the pitch....

What about them?

We’re not going to keep everyone happy. That’s obvious. But we can do what the majority want and do what’s best for the club/team. If there’s a few disappointed fans then that’s a shame and unfortunate. But there’s a bigger picture to be looked at here.
The club need to do a survey of all season ticket holders to see if there is a majority for safe standing.No stands mentioned,just a general survey.

With regards to "slurs" aimed at those that dont want to move. No mention of "slurs" aimed at those backing safe standing.

Here's more.

"The blind debate and scoffing at anyone questioning safe standing is in flow at times on this thread I see".

And another

"Esentially any fan reluctant to move to make way for safe standing is viewed to prefer this (rented) seat for where they sit at the moment as more important than the intro of safe standing.

That's why you get this slur to some fans".

Sounds a bit one sided to me considering the abuse dished out in the opposite direction to those pushing for change.

Still not answered my questions I see. Typical.

What have I said or wording that I used that is OTT?

Thought it was pretty much middle of the road ps I sit in CR 2 just in case anyone thinks I would gain or lose by my opinion
Saying people value a peice of plastic (their seat) more than the club is ludicrous, OTT and simply stupid.
If it were that simple the club would say they can re-locate their peice of plastic to another part of the stadium should they wish and the punter would be happy.
Utter nonsense.

Translation I have lost the fight badly

There's no fight.

I asked the poster a question he never answered.

In all these threads there's a load of nonsense levelled at anyone who may disagree which is wrong, so I'm basically saying it is what it is in that respect.

Last edited:
There's no fight.

I asked the poster a question he never answered.

In all these threads there's a load of nonsense levelled at anyone who may disagree which is wrong, so I'm basically saying it is what it is in that respect.

I did answer your question. I gave examples of your one sided approach which you've adopted on a number of other threads.

As for your last paragraph above. It's nonsense.

Incidentally. Im not on here to be cross examined by you. If you think I have to jump every time you pose a question, you can think again.

Last edited:
Back