Kilmarnock to introduce safe standing

Dempster

It’s easier to get 50 fans to agree a move to the next section than it is to get several hundred to move to another part of the ground.
It’s not easier , it’s the exact same thing on a bigger scale .

There’s no point in making excuses - a blind man can see the club have dragged their heels on the subject . Apparently they have had all the costings done and know exactly what to do - they just have decided to delay it(again) . It’s not an expensive project by any means .

Let’s see if the promise of “ next year” comes to fruition . To be fair I will say that perhaps other areas are priority for this season .

Barryhopez

It's the way forward, IMO. May take some negotiation skills/incentives to move some current season ticket holders who don't wish to remain in the section and clarify the allocation where the club want to implement it, but it's not impossible.

Alex

It’s not easier , it’s the exact same thing on a bigger scale .

There’s no point in making excuses - a blind man can see the club have dragged their heels on the subject . Apparently they have had all the costings done and know exactly what to do - they just have decided to delay it(again) . It’s not an expensive project by any means .

Let’s see if the promise of “ next year” comes to fruition . To be fair I will say that perhaps other areas are priority for this season .
It is easier. Kilmarnock have thousands of empty seats people can move to.

For what it’s worth, I’m in favour of safe standing but it’s far more difficult for our club to carry out because we don’t have many vacant seats to move people to.

The_Hammer1990

Fair play to them but it’s not like they’re struggling for space to allow them to implement this, all 500 of their fans can probably fill the spaces.

Dempster

It is easier. Kilmarnock have thousands of empty seats people can move to.

For what it’s worth, I’m in favour of safe standing but it’s far more difficult for our club to carry out because we don’t have many vacant seats to move people to.
Unless we have oversubscribed our seating, it can’t be harder or easier .

It’s just a higher volume of people who get moved .

MSF

Celtic in cahoots with GCC agreed a 3 year trial. This was designed to stop us doing it. They needn't have bothered as we're starting year 4 with no action. We welcome the chase. Ha ha.
Haha. Yes it was designed to stop Rangers doing.

Like they’re worried about that. We’ll be last to do it.

Walterego

Official Ticketer
Safe standing is no guarantee for a better atmosphere unless RFC create the old rover style season tickets for that particular section.
Groups of mates or RSC’s together will help atmosphere, in conjunction with safe standing. But not on its own.
You also need to factor in people will see it as an opportunity to get a better view such as those in restricted view positions currently. They might have no interest in singing.
Kilmarnock have obviously done this to sort their young ‘ultras’ hence the relatively low numbers of seats being converted to safe standing.
Practicalities wise at Ibrox the enclosures lend themselves best to being converted to safe standing. The fronts of the Copland and Broomloan would restrict views of those in the Govan east and west corners and at the extremities of the enclosures.

choppy72

Safe standing is no guarantee for a better atmosphere unless RFC create the old rover style season tickets for that particular section.
Groups of mates or RSC’s together will help atmosphere, in conjunction with safe standing. But not on its own.
You also need to factor in people will see it as an opportunity to get a better view such as those in restricted view positions currently. They might have no interest in singing.
Kilmarnock have obviously done this to sort their young ‘ultras’ hence the relatively low numbers of seats being converted to safe standing.
Practicalities wise at Ibrox the enclosures lend themselves best to being converted to safe standing. The fronts of the Copland and Broomloan would restrict views of those in the Govan east and west corners and at the extremities of the enclosures.
Agree

Can’t say I’m bothered about this issue, but reconverting the enclosures back to standing would be the obvious move if we did it

ChiefWahoo

Official Ticketer
Blackmailing folk is always a good look.
Blackmail?
You don't want to go then don't go.

Of course the other side of that is the clear implication that 'if you make me move I won't buy a ticket'

The club would obviously accommodate every season ticket holder.
Not every season ticket holder would accommodate the club.

ChiefWahoo

Official Ticketer
I do wonder how many people who are full support of safe standing at Ibrox sit in areas where they know they'll never be any chance of it being implemented.
I'm in CD7, I know it'll never be up there.
If it was, I'd either remain in that section or take a seat elsewhere.
Every seat in Ibrox faces the pitch, I'm not going to start crying about not being in the one I usually sit in.

omegaman

Good on them.

But with the alkie away I can see attendances falling again.
Did they ever rise?

I remember when they went top of the table just after Xmas, they only managed to pull in 4000 odd in their next game.

RFC_Champions

That they should be getting moved regardless, wee token 25% renewal discount for the annoyance.

Job done.
And if the still don’t like it.... there’s plenty on the waiting list who’ll take their places.

We püssy foot about far to much!!!!!

We can’t and shouldn’t have a handful of supporters holding the club and the rest of the fans back from an improved atmosphere which will in turn lift the team.

ClockworkOrange

Oh sorry, was I meant to feign horror at the idea to support your stupid notion that people are only in favour of safe standing as it won't affect them?

If you're not prepared for the answer, don't ask the question.
You've made a massive arse of yourself if that's what you've taken from that post.

I also never asked a question, but you knew that already.

ChiefWahoo

Official Ticketer
You've made a massive arse of yourself if that's what you've taken from that post.

I also never asked a question, but you knew that already.
Apologies, you wondered rather than asked.
And you have the gall to say I'm making an arse of myself?
You wonder how those fans unaffected would react, I give you my say and you reply with a snide 'good for you'.

You've clearly implied that there are some in favour of safe standing purely from a point if view that it doesn't mean they move seats.

ClockworkOrange

Apologies, you wondered rather than asked.
And you have the gall to say I'm making an arse of myself?
You wonder how those fans unaffected would react, I give you my say and you reply with a snide 'good for you'.

You've clearly implied that there are some in favour of safe standing purely from a point if view that it doesn't mean they move seats.
Well, anyone confusing a statement for a question and additionally misinterpreting that statement is making a fool of themselves, no?

One of the reasons I deliberately didn't ask a question was because it'd inevitably lead to comments from posters clambering over one another to say that they'd have no problem with it and that they'd move in a heartbeat. Fair enough - good for them. At the same time, those comments serve no purpose other than to reinforce your own sense of support in a way that is clearly at odds with those in the position where their seats could be taken from them.

The fans around me at Ibrox are wildly in favour of safe standing. I daresay that their opinions may be slightly different if it meant uprooting from their own seats. That's slightly different from what I think you've suggested in your last line.

I P Freely

I do wonder how many people who are full support of safe standing at Ibrox sit in areas where they know they'll never be any chance of it being implemented.
I'm currently in the Broomloan Front which the board are hell bent on turning into Safe-Standing despite the general opinion that it would be one of, if not the worst places to have it.

Luca Stroppi

It’s a great pity this issue is still a source of debate, I believe in having the choice to stand at football and as we are a large club with a large fan base I also think a safe standing area needs to be a full section to satisfy demand and make it worthwhile and not just a half arsed few blocks in a stand.

My first preference would be be whole Govan front and both corners or second choice the entire Copland front but I know there are obstacles to these ideas with certain fans moaning about moving, the current capacity is also a constraint. a lack of money and the unwillingness and lack of ambition to have a more expansive area means it’s unlikely to happen any time soon. If the club does eventually want to introduce this I want it to be reasonably big and in a prominent position in the stadium.

coplandrearl36

Official Ticketer
That they should be getting moved regardless, wee token 25% renewal discount for the annoyance.

Job done.
How about, we are changing eg Copland Front to Safe Standing. You can retain your position in the stadium or we can relocate you to a seated area.
Your choice.
We cannot afford to give anybody 25% discount to relocate.

Job done

The love of Rangers should out do the love for a plastic seat. Give them a time scale for the move, if they don’t move then they are a stauner for the season. :))

clubdeckcharlie

Official Ticketer
Kilmarnock Football Club is delighted to become the first provincial club in Scotland to install safe standing areas within Rugby Park.

Somethng not right with the grammar. I mean, as if any other Scottish club would install safe standing areas within Rugby Park, ffs! :rolleyes:

LOL 133

Agree

Can’t say I’m bothered about this issue, but reconverting the enclosures back to standing would be the obvious move if we did it
Terrible location. Who wants a safe standing section split in two and hidden away from the tv audience? It should be given the highest profile possible.