Match Thread Kilmarnock v Rangers - 12:30 Sunday - BT Sports

Saw the video of the team coming off the bus.

No McGregor there other two keepers came off.

So expect Wes.

Robby McCrorie the 3rd keeper aswell he came off with Ross.

Think it will be Wes cause Alnwick hasn’t even been in the last couple of squads.

Think they'll target Alfie today. Seems to be a go to tactic these days. Hope we get a good early lead then can sub him.

Rangers: Foderingham; Tavernier, Goldson, Katic, Barisic; Halliday, Ejaria, Arfield; Kent, Murphy, Morelos
Subs: Alnwick, Flannigan, McCrorie, Jack, Candeias, Middleton, Sadiq

Rangers: Foderingham; Tavernier, Goldson, Katic, Barisic; Halliday, Ejaria, Arfield; Kent, Murphy, Morelos

Sensible enough team.

Not risking jack and mcgregor.

Thought he might have rested tav and morelos for flannagan and umar but gaffers probably not wanting to change the team too much.

looks like Gerrard trusts Halliday to do the business. In Gerrard we trust so we have to get behind him as always. 3-0 Gers, clean sheet and in to next round.

Surprised at Halliday starting given the strength of the rest of the team. Hopefully three up by half time and we can give another couple of guys a rest, maybe bring on Sadiq and Middleton for the second half

More than a good enough team to beat Killie in my opinion.

It's not just our right hand side that's strong going forward, our left side with Barisic looks equally as strong.

Halliday must be doing it in training.

Thought tav would’ve been rested but the st mirren game showed how we drop back when he’s not there

Sensible team selection. We should have enough to beat Killie with that team. Important to use the squad. Hopefully Greegs, Jacko, Coulibaly and Flanagan will be fighting fit for Thursday.

Hopefully giving Coulibally a rest for Thursday.

Should have enough to do this today, patience required from the bears though as Killie will be tough to break down.

Subs: Alnwick, Flannigan, McCrorie, Jack, Candeias, Middleton, Sadiq

Midfield looks weak, can let them run with the ball if Wes is in goals - any distance shot on target is likely to be a goal with him

I'm hoping for no injuries on the pitch, no red cards (that could cost us this season through suspensions), and a clean sheet. I hope the goalies have brought their A game after watching and training with Greegsy. In away games in particular, and in those in which a team can crowd the defence, I would love the first goal too.

I'm not expecting an easy game. As for Andy Halliday, no offence to him but he wouldn't be my first choice. However I suppose it's squad rotation. All the best to him and the other lads.

Back