Match Thread Kilmarnock v Rangers - 12:30 Sunday - BT Sports

I know it's the cup today but I have absolutely no confidence in wes or Alnwick (tho jak imo is the better of the two) if we want to make a cup run shagger must start, we are a different animal with him in the sticks

Need to see how the others perform in the team though as McGregor might not be available for the whole season.

Mon the Gers, just do it.

We are on a roll, don't let their awful plastic pitch spoil it.

A nice comfortable 2-0 victory will do just fine, anything better a bonus.

Mon the Gers, just do it.

I'd rather have had McCrorie in the middle ahead off halliday but I think he'd probably seem an cover for Goldson and Katic if needed today, have to say I also prefer Alnwick in goal ahead of Wes.
Here's hoping we get through unscathed

I say it every match day can we please stop the over reaction to the team selection and trust Gerrard and his staff to decide who starts and who doesn’t it’s going to be a long season where we will need to utilise the squad due to fitness injuries knocks form and to give folk game time

Hope that leaving out both Jack and Coullibaly is to save both of them for Thursday.
Let’s hope Lassana is OK.

I thought Flanagan would have started but I’ll tell you something, I can not wait to see Tav and Barisic in the same team

Quite embarrassing this new idea that Wes is a rotten jeeoer.
He may not be as good as McGregor but he's probably still top 3 in the country and isn't known for bad mistakes.
Bizarre, some of the comments are crazy. McGregor is a level above, but Fod is now than competent.

These are games where we miss a player like Rossiter. Man I would feel so much more comfortable with his name in place of Halliday's, but he had a good game midweek, so lets see what he can manage.

Rangers team full of squad players. Get behind the team and lets do this Rangers. Fod is more than decent but since McGregor came back he seems to be the worst goalie in history. #LetsGo

Wee bit of a gamble that team selection but with our current schedule that’s how it will be.

Would feel better with McCrorie in there with Jack rested but maybe Halliday has earned it with a decent performance during the week.

To quote Madonna:

"Halliday, Celebrate, If we took, a Halliday, took some time to celebrate,
Just one day out of life, it would be so nice"

Should still be enough to beat Killie.

I would be happy with any victory today, lets just get the game out the way and concentrate on Thursday.

That’s a risky line up, probably for the correct reasons

Need a few big performances from players today, Kent, Ejaria and Murphy need to be involved in the game not drift in and out

Hopefully got enough to get through but game has become a lot harder imo

Quite embarrassing this new idea that Wes is a rotten keeper.
He may not be as good as McGregor but he's probably still top 3 in the country and isn't known for bad mistakes.

It's absolutely cringeworthy that people judging him based on that abortion of a central defence he had to play in front of last season.

Was confident before I saw the teams. Shit surface but hopeful the momentum and confidence we have gets us a result.

Fk it. 1-3 us. Flute to get a goal off bench.

Midfield is weak.
^ My first thought also,I thought Murphy looked absolutely f.ucked on Thursday coming off as well-not sure I'd have started him today but in the gaffer we must trust-he's hardly let us down after all thus far.

I know we're Rangers and want to win every game and every trophy,but Europe is so much more important for me if I'm honest.

I said at the start of the season Halliday would make 30 appearances this season and I stand by that. I trust Gerrard.

Watched an old firm game recently 3-0 (novo hat trick) and seen mcgregor do to Scott Mcdonald exactly what broadfoot did to Jack (standing on the toes).
Jack should have kept his head.

Having said that, I too would like to see broadfoot have a howler, I couldn't believe what I was seeing when he did that to jack. So many of our ex players are bitter, and have zero loyalty.
Happy for players to play their guts out against us, but that was low from someone who was part of a great rangers squad, was paid handsomely and was liked by a good amount of our support.

Agreed.

He really deserves a rendition of the "Kirk Broadfoot you're winker".

I can with no remorse say that he is an utter prick in my mind now, ex player? So what, he is a complete woman's front arse.

Changing a team for cup games normally doesn't bode well , however we've a busy schedule arriving and we can't keep playing the same 11 ,very much a English thing to change for the cups. Thursday is more important .

McGregor,Flanagan,Jack,Coulibaly,Rossiter,Dorrans,Candeias and Lafferty missing from that line up.
Good luck to the lads today starting.

Back