Match Thread ** Kilmarnock v Rangers - BT Sport **

The team is less than impressive but we're down to the bare bones.

Any connotation today would have drawn criticism, people are just in a right foul mood.

Oh dear. Not the team I had hoped for and return of Hodson at left back is a worry. Also, still no Pena and Bruno out again? Ffs.

Be interesting to see how John does as a proper left winger and also hopefully get a good performance out of Windass through the middle again.

Technically, the starting 11 contains 6 defenders so in theory, we should at least be relatively solid... maybe the Walter influence?

Still think we'll get the win but a bit less confident after seeing the team.

This is Murtys shot and that team looks bad but let's see the result.

Imo they will park the bus and attack Hodson with Jones.

Hodson played at Kilmarnock, maybe why hes got the nod.

Certainly not on ability.

Says it's a the correct decision he's coming back and should be starting certain games

Sutton chimed in and agreed
I still can’t get past him sitting on the bench laughing when we were getting beat last season, he does not have what it takes to be a Rangers player

Everyone going on about 6 defenders ...McCrorie has played more games for Rangers in Midfield than defence .. everyone was happy with him there . Everyone wanted John pushed on....

Now we moan that there is 6 defenders on the park

Don't think he'll be risked on that plastic pitch.
From the pre-match interview GM said Alves approached him about a tightness in his groin. Sounds like it’s Alves that doesn’t fancy this game. Changed days when players would play through injury because the jersey meant something to them.

RANGERS: Foderingham; Tavernier, Bates, Wilson, Hodson; Candeias, McCrorie, Holt, John; Morelos, Windass.
SUBS: Kelly, Barjonas, Cardoso, Hardie, Herrera, Pena, Kranjcar.

Millions and millions spent and that's our starting eleven.

We need the Gods on our side today to get a win.

I'm pretty sure Bates coped well v Kilmarnock last time out against Conor Sammon. John will be better as LM with more time in the final third IMO. Morelos and Windass are like Morata and Hazard for me and I think they'll be good up front for a long time hopefully.

3-5-2 or 3-4-1-2 was screaming “Murts” in the face today

We could have also gone with the trusted diamond, with Pena off Windass and Morelos - it has worked before. Barjonas in for Jack and John/Tav at full backs. Would have been really obvious in all honesty.

He won't be missed.

Lack of a suitable replacement would be a concern though given the current alternatives.

And there in lies the problem for me. The alternatives are even worse.

This is the future under Murty. Wilson as a starter no matter what, signing a new deal and getting the vice captaincy.

We have been a mess defensively the past three games and yet Cardoso cannot get a look in

It's an absolute nonsense. We are careering into mediocrity.

I still can’t get past him sitting on the bench laughing when we were getting beat last season, he does not have what it takes to be a Rangers player
I also believe he got himself sent off v motherwell deliberately.

Dont like or trust him

That team gives me the fear,very very negative not impressed at all,so much for fast attacking possession football!

Whoever it is, it's bloody lunacy. Starting Bates over Cardoso and Hodson over anyone at the club is laughable at best.

Thats what happens when you put the under 20s manager in charge.

Who knows if we win it's all good but if we don't then that horrific line up will be used against him.

3-5-2 or 3-4-1-2 was screaming “Murts” in the face today
why a 3 because if one defender loses a one on one there is usually a free shot at goal and I wouldn't play that way unless it's someone like Conte who knows it inside out and played it as a player

Surprised at that line up. Killie have been getting praise for the 3 in the middle of the park especially Mulumbu so on first looking we are short in the middle of the park.

Need the 3 today Rangers!!!

Back