Lafferty and Defoe doubtful for tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
this is why Alfredo needs to keep quiet. As its games like this we need him scoring and not suspended

Not his natural position but I think Middleton could be a consideration, if you watch his goals he's scored for us, they're comfortable strikers finishes.

Sure I remember reading somewhere that he started out as a striker so I would probably be more comfortable playing him up front than Kent.

Defoe did look as if he had a problem at Killie but seemed to see it through.

This is exactly what our opponents are hoping for when they get Alfie banned - injuries on top which leaves us significantly weaker. Aberdeen aside we are not scoring freely & tomorrow comes into the category of any win will do I think

Not scoring freely? Weve scored 11 in our last three league games.

Only really Defoe being out that's the concern, I wouldn't be going in confident with Lafferty up top to deliver as the recognised striker.

The manager says:

@RangersFC

SG: Defoe has had tightness in his hamstring, Lafferty has had tightness in his calf. They will do part of the session today and hope they come through. We have pulled young Dapo Mebude back from international duty just in case.

SG: It's a concern losing strikers but we have good attacking players, we will see how the next few hours go and hope they both pull through. I'll give them both every chance. I won't take a gamble if it means putting their bodies at risk.

SG: I think young Dapo has a huge future, he has big potential, he is probably not ready to be thrown into the deep end just yet but I think he will be ready for a cameo. There is no doubt about it he will play for Rangers at some point.

Defoe did look as if he had a problem at Killie but seemed to see it through.

This is exactly what our opponents are hoping for when they get Alfie banned - injuries on top which leaves us significantly weaker. Aberdeen aside we are not scoring freely & tomorrow comes into the category of any win will do I think
We’ve scored 11 in last 3 league games

Even if Lafferty was fit, I'd still play someone else ahead of him, he's been pretty hopeless for the last few months.

I suspect he is having some personal issues after getting his cock out on the Snapchat or instagram or whatever it was

I’ve seen Mebude playing at the training ground a few times.

Still very young, but fast, strong and direct. I doubt he is ready yet, but if needs must, then you never know.

"Funnily" enough that happens when we face up to the "out of form" team of the Premiership, who has just shipped 9 goals without reply in three games against the Yahoos. I reckon they will dig in deep and look for the usual hit and hope counter attack stuff to get a free-kick, corner et al, to snatch an unlikely goal or two.

Time for Middleton to step up again. He's been in good scoring form for the reserves so should be confident regardless of where he's asked to play.

Would bite your hand off for a 1-0.

was actually surprised Defoe last as long as he did .he pulled up at killie last week before he was subbed

Not a surprise Defoe has a tight hammy after playing on that car park at Kilmarnock.

It's hard to take risks with hamstring injuries. Would maybe expect Laff to pull through with Dapo on the bench.

"Funnily" enough that happens when we face up to the "out of form" team of the Premiership, who has just shipped 9 goals without reply in three games against the Yahoos. I reckon they will dig in deep and look for the usual hit and hope counter attack stuff to get a free-kick, corner et al, to snatch an unlikely goal or two.
With that useless can't O'Halloran playing for them again, I can see them trying to draw us out then use his pace to get in behind. It's about the only time he is effective.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back