Lafferty and Defoe doubtful for tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Steven Gerrard said:
I think young Dapo has a huge future, he has big potential, he is probably not ready to be thrown into the deep end just yet but I think he will be ready for a cameo. There is no doubt about it he will play for Rangers at some point.

Step up and play kid. Here's to the start of a great career.

The manager said "Hopefully, they'll pull through, they're both confident."
One will start with the other on the bench.
I hope.

From press association -

Steven Gerrard reveals @RangersFC may be without Jermain Defoe and Kyle Lafferty for tomorrow's game with St Johnstone. Alfredo Morelos is suspended and Defoe (hamstring) and Laffery (calf) are now doubts. Dapo Mebude recalled from Scotland youth duty to provide cover

That fu.ckin Plastic pitch strikes again
Too many people underestimate the problems they cause to joints and muscles alike,that a more forgiving grass pitch simply doesn't.
And anyone that wants to give it the 'unproven' or 'stats don't show that' can f.uck right off.

I've played on them enough and know plenty others including old teammates that hate them for good reason.

From press association -

Steven Gerrard reveals @RangersFC may be without Jermain Defoe and Kyle Lafferty for tomorrow's game with St Johnstone. Alfredo Morelos is suspended and Defoe (hamstring) and Laffery (calf) are now doubts. Dapo Mebude recalled from Scotland youth duty to provide cover

Glad you're here, didn't see that in the first 3 pages :rolleyes:

How thec feck can big Kyle be a doubt, has done feck all for months :rolleyes:.
What is the probability with Alfie being suspended that our other two recognised strikers get injured?

Looking at the training pics I'd say our manager is having a bit of fun running rings round the mhedia by not exactly being truthful on the situation. I like that ! :)

No chance Defoe would be training today if he had any issue with his Hamstring. I think Gerrard is playing with the media a bit here

Master stroke trying to influence St Johnstone into actually attempting to set up with tactics to win the game....

Defoe certainly looks in high spirits in the training pics, hopewfully the wee man makes it. No arrowhead of the attack fills me with with dread for tomorrow.

3 strikers and not one available for selection, whit a fiasco.

It shows we still haven't the personnel for a season littered with injuries and suspensions moreso up front.

How thec feck can big Kyle be a doubt, has done feck all for months :rolleyes:.
What is the probability with Alfie being suspended that our other two recognised strikers get injured?

You do realize that the players train in between games ?

I'd play Katic as a non- fslse 9, wins every header he goes for

Guid yin mate.

That 4-4-2 will look a lot more like 9-0-1 tomorrow.

Well ofcourse the chances are that they will crowd to box but its still possible to play 4-4-2(or 4-4-1-1) and be cautious or negative its just set up to sit deeper, i think 4-4-2 won us the last game v St J.

We aint gonna play 0-1-9 to deal with their defensive set up but the more players we can get into the box the better chance of scoring. 2 centres get it in there nice and early=goals and points.

If both are injured I would just throw dapo in the deep end and see what happens. If anything he might have a cracker of a game and then become more involved with the first team. I think we need to start taking more chances with our youth as we have one of the best academy teams in the world

If Lafferty is unavailable we need to re-think how we've been playing. Hitting the ball won't work whether it's Defoe or any of the others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back