Lafferty deal close

Status
Not open for further replies.
Loans to date will be converted to shares.

But the Board would be well within their rights to stop throwing further loans our way post share issue/conversion if we have a sustainable income figure, which might come from EL Group Stage involvement (hopefully).

They would be well within their rights to be looking at balancing our income and expenditure before investing further.

According to Dave King not all the loans will be converted to shares and come of the money will be used as fresh capital in the club.

Improved bid in ...according to express and reported in transfer centre for Daily Record.

If Hearts reject this new bid then Lafferty needs to publicly ask to be transfer listed

He might not want to for personal financial benefit to himself but he needs to decide what matters most

If he doesn’t want to do this we must surely have other options to go after

Hearts are a pain in the arse to deal with. The Walker saga last years. It’s like de ja vue

Id be wanting him on the bench and available Thursday. So for me, this has to happen today.
If Alfredo picks up a knock, we have nothing ready to replace him right now.

I thought it would have been done by now but I have no confidence of us bringing him in before the deadline i suspect it’s to do with Wallace and a pay off.

If that’s the case then just give Hertz the extra cash and put Wallace with the U20s till his contract is up.

Not wholly convinced he’s the answer to our need fo striker cover.
Sentimentality and his ability to antagonise the mentally challengeds is a good start but isn’t sufficient. I wonder if there is anything still going on with the two Balkan players we were reportedly looking at or was that just press speculation? Maybe a loan for Solanke will still happen.
Anyway if it is to be Lafferty I would be pleased to support him and more than 100% pleased to be proved wrong about my scepticism.

Hearts will be dragging this out until tomorrow in the hop we pay over what we want so he can be registered in time for thurs game.

Hopefully it's done today though and the big man can get in and meet the players and staff before thurs game.

Not wholly convinced he’s the answer to our need fo striker cover.
Sentimentality and his ability to antagonise the mentally challengeds is a good start but isn’t sufficient. I wonder if there is anything still going on with the two Balkan players we were reportedly looking at or was that just press speculation? Maybe a loan for Solanke will still happen.
Anyway if it is to be Lafferty I would be pleased to support him and more than 100% pleased to be proved wrong about my scepticism.

I'm of a similar mind. Fills a gap in our squad but if we can spent a bit more than we are on him and get an even better player, I'd be happy to leave him at Hearts and hope he helps take further points off Celtic.

from the express thing on the record blog.

Rangers are confident of securing Lafferty before the end of next week.
:D

I suspect Hearts are trying to secure a replacement before agreeing to a deal. I live near Avril, so if I see him walking his dogs later, I'll tell him to get his finger out!

Lafferty is not helping his cause in not putting in a transfer request. If he is not careful he is going to miss the boat.

I don't see us waiting for him to next season.

I know transfer negotiations can be prolonged and complex, however we should be looking elsewhere by now, this all smacks of Hearts ripping the pish!
I don't know. I think one club is as bad as the other when it's comes to transferring within two Scottish team.
Just wish we would get the business done so we can get settled. It's f uckin ridiculous.

Why would Kubrick be embarrassed ? It remains a cinematic masterpiece .

I'm not suggesting it isn't, but ffs mate, it's a low brow joke regarding the date in the title, as in, "it's nearly 2001 and nothing like this has happened yet".
The presenter was clearly mocking the choice of date in the title, not the quality of the movie itself.

Much in the same way as "Lafferty deal close" is not in the least bit accurate either.

Ibrox chiefs have delivered players without a hitch when dealing with any club outwith Scotland.

There's the problem and it isn't of our doing.

We don’t offer what the selling team have asked for. It’s only like us knocking back Bordeaux.

If it happens it happens. Can’t blame hearts for valuing their top scorer on what a loss he will be to them, just like we do.

The only transfer that has been a bit disappointing way it’s been handled .

I do think by Stevie G saying at the weekend that lafferty is a player he likes this will push lafferty towards forcing the issue and head definitely being turned,the Gazelle mustvhave got a stauner hearing that

Wonder if the complexity is down to Wallace being part of the deal? His terms and conditions, meeting his salary, what happens if he doesn’t make fitness etc.

I hope LW is not going btw but things seem to have shambled on a bit...

Lafferty isnt worth the hassle of trying to get him in my opinion. I’d assume we will be working on other deals at the same time should the lafferty situation not come to anything. Be patient bears, we are in good hands.

Could be lazy jhournalism however I see Miller being linked with a possible move to Hearts which would let Lafferty move on & them have an instant squad replacement

Wonder if the complexity is down to Wallace being part of the deal? His terms and conditions, meeting his salary, what happens if he doesn’t make fitness etc.

I hope LW is not going btw but things seem to have shambled on a bit...

There were some murmurs that we actually offered Hodson as part of the Lafferty deal, which Hearts declined. Wallace was not part of any deal up till then.

Speaking of Wallace, we are down to 2 fullbacks plus Flanagan. It could well be that SG doesn't actually want him to go. He's been training for weeks and one wonders what sort of stand-off between him and the club remains. Might well be that we would like to see him gone, but no-one is willing to take him on?

Just hope we are pushing for other players as much as we have done with KL it will be a helluva anti climax if it's just Laff.

I'd make a take it or leave it £400k bid and give them 48 hours. After that look elsewhere.

Leaving him at Hearts isn't the worst thing given his ability to score against them and take points on our behalf.

I don't think he'd be a particularly good signing for us but that's just my opinion.

What I do know is that Gerrard wants him. In that case the board should go out and get him. The last thing they want to do is piss him off, he's been fantastic for us so far

Just hope we are pushing for other players as much as we have done with KL it will be a helluva anti climax if it's just Laff.
I’m not sure why people always think like this. Our business over the summer has been superb. We have signed 12 players. It’s a shame for people to forget about this and just judge in on the final signing right at the end.

Lafferty would be a good option for us. Will score in our league and be a handful for the opposition. He’s a good option at this stage.

A lot of unnecessary agitation here.

I'm not bothered either way to be honest. If Lafferty signs, fair enough, he'll likely contribute but we're not talking Lionel Messi here.

Couldn't we just give Jermaine Defoe a call instead?

We can’t lose . If he stays at hearts he’s going to score against the yahoo and not us . That’s invaluable . Already worth 3 points with more possible .

If he does come great .

I’m not going to lose sleep over this one .

We need a centre half for cover in ASAP though.

£600k cash seems a fair offer to me

Can see them trying to hold out for the £700/£750k but with personally I would be looking to use Wallace to bridge that gap.

If the deal did involve Wallace that complicates things a lot. He would need to discuss terms from Hearts and payoff with us, pass a medical and God knows what else. That's assuming Hearts have in principal agreed to any cash offer we've made.
It seems both clubs are happy enough for this to happen since Levein hasn't moaned about it so that makes me think it will happen.

Soon-ish. :p

According to Hearts fans £600K dos not include Waldo.

There has been discussions between the clubs over Wallace joining Hearts on loan for the final year of his contract - a sticking point being the contribution that Hearts would make towards his salary.

Both Clubs have confirmed they have been speaking over the last few days, and that looks like it has been followed up with a formal bid. Belfast Telegraph and Scott McDonald told the BBC that Hearts had allowed Rangers to put Lafferty through a medical prior to a deal being agreed. Let's just see what happens over the next day or two.

There has been discussions between the clubs over Wallace joining Hearts on loan for the final year of his contract - a sticking point being the contribution that Hearts would make towards his salary.

heard that rumour. Not sure Hearts want a deal involving Wallace, conscious of the fact he has not played for a year and wages would certainly be an issue. I can't see why would do any deal on funding Wallaces wages on loan as Lafferty can sign for us on a pre contract in January for nothing. I think it is a straight forward cash for player deal.

I just want to see that big, beautiful protestant smile in a Rangers shirt again.

Announce Lafferty.

heard that rumour. Not sure Hearts want a deal involving Wallace, conscious of the fact he has not played for a year and wages would certainly be an issue. I can't see why would do any deal on funding Wallaces wages on loan as Lafferty can sign for us on a pre contract in January for nothing. I think it is a straight forward cash for player deal.

Or that we’re moving on to someone else !

Posters clearly never watched Lafferty last season.

Posters clearly recognising his value by the virtue of saying he'll score against them for Hearts but not wanting us to have him to score the goals against them that we clearly desperately need.

I suspect Hearts are trying to secure a replacement before agreeing to a deal. I live near Avril, so if I see him walking his dogs later, I'll tell him to get his finger out!

A colleague of mine used to stay near him in Fife. Said he was a rude bastard and the least neighbourly guy in the street.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back