Lafferty

Bluethruandthru

Can someone please tell me what the fk he brings to Rangers. Comfortably the tallest player on the park yet despite some brilliant delivery from Candias and Barasic in particular plus the 20 odd corners he still can't get on the end of a single one to find the net.
His positioning is utter dog shit for a striker and he doesn't create for others either.

Now we are relying on this guy to get us goals in the absence of wee Alfredo but yet again up against an extremely poor Hamilton side he has offered us sweet f a.

Remember this is the guy who on his return here promised to give this support 110% every chance he gets. Well if ever there was an opportunity to start to make good on that promise it was today and I'm definitely not seeing it.

He's not alone by any means there are others who imo who are not offering nearly enough but for me Lafferty has been piss poor since his return at a time when we need so much more from him.

Last edited:
The amount of crosses we get into the box is a big strikers dream. For me if we are going to play this way going forward we need a bigger threat from attacking sense and need to load the box more, far to many crosses into the box and no lady's front bottom is in there bar 1 or 2

We are forced to play him because we have no one else. We badly need a striker that can compete with Alfredo in January, whether we can get Solanke on loan or not I don’t know.

Honestly if we don’t get another striker in the January window and Morelos was to pick up an injury soon after it’s frightening to think about what our season would turn out like.

Absolutely nothing up front when Morelos is out of the side.

Oh FFS, we won the game and are top of the league again. Be effing happy, that's the sort of results that wins titles.

It's not on seeing yer team go to the top of the league and all you can think about is slating the players/player.

Criticism should be fair and constructive but that post is like something the mentally challenged press would write. In fact you have probably just written the match report for the red tops the morra.

Top of the league Bro, top of the league.

He's been pretty awful tbf. I didn't understand those crying out for his return in the summer and I'm still yet to see what he supposedly brings to the side

He was our worst player today. Not sure if he's just shite, or if he needs a run of games, which obviously won't happen if Morelos is available

He did us more good as a Hearts player. An utter waste of valuable resources.

How anyone can watch that from him today and find it acceptable is beyond me.

You just know when we bring in a loanee to replace Sadiq, Lafferty will become 3rd choice.

I don’t think Gerrard will give him many more chances. We quite simply need better
He’s done nothing to tell the manager he deserves another chance.
Anybody who knows anything of my posting history will know how difficult this is for me to type but he is a lost cause.
We’d get as much short term, and probably more long term, from one of the kids who aren’t ready just now.

Lets be honest he was a cheap last min buy that has not worked, he should have been subbed to let the young boy on.
Not with a 1-0 lead he shouldn’t have Stevie g himself said he doesn’t think he’s ready for the first team,if we had been two or three goals up then you can throw him on

Firstly, I don't think he's played enough to be "awful". I'll also put it bluntly as I am fed up with players who aren't doing much wrong being attacked by our own fans. Lafferty hasn't been that bad and has offered a decent option at times. He would need more games to get fully into the swing of things.

1. He's NOT pish and he's NOT awful
2. He's not played enough to be judged as shite.

Would be nice if our fans would stop looking to hate our players. We've had some players who have been genuinely fucking rotten that get less shit than Lafferty does.

To be fair the goalie had a world class save to deny him
That was some save, to be fair, and, added to his goal-that-should-have-stood last week, he can’t claim to have luck on his side.
However, performance wise, that was dreadful.
Down there with the Kyle’s and the Ostenstaad levels.

His work rate and hold up play was fine. He was unlucky not to score.

He is short of games.

Why are we always looking for problems.

Our creativity and our final ball are far bigger issues.

Plenty soaking tampons on already I see.

He was denied in the first minute, and by an absolute worldie of a save in the second half. The keeper has played the game of his life.

These things happen, we won the points, and we are top.

Kyle did his job today.
Two different points here.
I’d agree with all bar the last line.

Plenty soaking tampons on already I see.

He was denied in the first minute, and by an absolute worldie of a save in the second half. The keeper has played the game of his life.

These things happen, we won the points, and we are top.

Kyle did his job today.

If that's your version of him doing his job then we really are fkd.

Was dreadful today, as he has been since he returned. Would prefer a youth team player to be given a chance.

I said it in his first stint and think it is true again. Looks like he tries to hard at times and at other times by trying to relax he looks as if he lacks any sort of urgency.

Tav's cross in the first couple of minutes was going in and he managed to head it onto the post from 10cm.

Didn't get much better than that.

A weird game where the midfield and defence played well but our striker was stinking the place out. Gameplay was clearly to feed him with crosses. Should start just shooting from range.

Shows how much of a miss Morelos is. Hopefully he's bang on form on Wednesday.

Why do people think he is a target man ?

We used to have a guy called Tore Andre Flo who was very similar. Better on the deck than the air.

It is obvious to everyone he can not play a loan striker role.

He is not Mark Hateley in the air.

Gerrard should have had Dallas on upfront with him instead of the 3 winger p!sh that hasn’t worked yet.

Back