Lawwell back as their next Chairman

Good news for us IMO, the guy is a dinosaur and interferes in everything at the footballing level.

No modern, Director of Football model under that cretin. He will dictate signings etc as he did in the past.
Well DoF is pretty much his son so wouldnt matter

I'm stunned if he is coming back.
The club wiĺl be slaughtered in the upcoming court cases.
The "separate entity" defence is in tatters before they go to court.
If this is the case, his purpose will bw to bully other clubs to prevent them from being expelled from football.
He was also the finance director when Torbett received £250,000/year hush money.
He will almost certainly have to give evidence.
Will this come out in court? Is it an established fact or just hearsay?

He is like emperor Palpatibe in Star Wars, the evil overlord who just won’t feck off.

His son is there as well, it seems keeping it in the family is the Celtic way

Sure he was involved a while ago with payments from the club to a monster set to go on trial for csa. Can't wait to see him on the stand

Back to oversee potential damages to victims of historic sexual abuse? I was thinking he may have left the stage for that reason, but perhaps not.

If this is the case, his purpose will bw to bully other clubs to prevent them from being expelled from football.
He was also the finance director when Torbett received £250,000/year hush money.
If there was any truth in this and it could be proven this would be massive.
Unfortunately i believe it's only internet hearsay.

Interesting timing.
Just when Rangers start to get some positive press, political status and even other club chairmen praising us, Lawwell comes back.
Is he going to try to negatively influence against us again? (yes)
Or is he here to try to minimise the reaction and outcome of certain court cases?
His influence will be far less, it’s hard to hold influence when your own fans don’t even want you there. This is pretty desperate stuff from a club who’s board clearly only have self interest. The rugby guy came in and tried to take them forward, if that is the word, and they chased him!

So who’s their CEO now? He’s coming in as chairman, the bheasts will be furious and then you have a chairman who’ll undermine the CEO

Fun And games ahead.

I can't see him coming back unless he was confident they would come out that this unscathed

His ego wouldn't allow him to carry the can

His influence will be far less, it’s hard to hold influence when your own fans don’t even want you there. This is pretty desperate stuff from a club who’s board clearly only have self interest. The rugby guy came in and tried to take them forward, if that is the word, and they chased him!
Doncaster is his lap dog, and MacLennan a good friend of the club

That's all the influence he needs

Back