League Cup Final emails out

That points threshold is a bit of a bastard. Never had a problem in getting Hampden tickets, but worried I'm going to miss out here with c1,050 points, MyGers and CCCS.

Anyone want to wade in with some re-assuring words or am I fucked?
I'm in a similar position and think it's the latter unfortunately.

There can't be many in a position to buy a ticket who won't.

Yes, if they meet the group 1 points requirement. It means they have the relevant purchase history over a 5 year period and not just on a one game basis.
But by choosing not to go to a semi final, are you not in effect, opting out of the scheme?

But by choosing not to go to a semi final, are you not in effect, opting out of the scheme?
No,that scheme doesn’t exist anymore.
All based in five year purchase history,not just one game.
Not sure many people who have season ticket,MyGers and are on home games CCCS wouldn’t buy a semi final ticket,but if they chose not to it doesn’t affect their ability to buy a final ticket.

Is anyone else having difficulties buying tickets? I get asked to select post or special delivery, but when I select either the Checkout button is greyed out.

EDIT: You need to hit the 'Update Basket' button.

Last edited:
If someone eligible for the semi final first tranche doesn’t buy the semi final ticket… are they still eligible for final tickets? If so, why?

Because they meet the requirements of the current scheme?

I posted before the semi final my cousin missed the cut off due to exceptional family circumstances. She contacted the club the next day once she realised, explaining the situation but, was told nothing could be done. Fair enough, she took it on the chin.

She has been on the CCCS almost since it began and takes every ticket available. No one would be able to convince me that she doesn't 'deserve' her final ticket, that she got today because of one mistake.

I posted before the semi final my cousin missed the cut off due to exceptional family circumstances. She contacted the club the next day once she realised, explaining the situation but, was told nothing could be done. Fair enough, she took it on the chin.

She has been on the CCCS almost since it began and takes every ticket available. No one would be able to convince me that she doesn't 'deserve' her final ticket, that she got today because of one mistake.
It’s a pretty poor show from the club not letting her buy a semi final ticket, especially considering how far it dropped

It’s a pretty poor show from the club not letting her buy a semi final ticket, especially considering how far it dropped

Rules are rules I suppose. I felt like they could've made an exception due to her past history but, they wouldn't budge. Plenty will agree with the club on it, I'm sure.

Anyway that's done, the point is, she didn't 'opt out' of anything. There is a lot wrong with MyGers, and I'm one of the biggest moaners but, this isn't one of them. It's about as fair as you can get.

She's still going to get a ticket so what's the issue.

The only straw I'm clutching at is that both the semi final and final of the Scottish Cup last season did drop down in points within the so called "priority group one" and I managed to get a ticket for each of those.

If not, well its the nudge I need to grow out of going to football and find something better to do with life.

There is 4 in our friends and family group, 3 silver and one bronze, 90 points below the silver threshold... so only 3 of us can get tickets in this first round.

Like others have said, literally been in MyGers from the start, never had an issue getting tickets for any Hampden game, literally haven't' missed a SF or Final, and now only 3 of us can get in.

System is rubbish.

I argued at the time, the old ballot wasn't perfect but it was fair, now we are paying £50 for the privilege of nothing.

I've had about 4 away games since MyGers came out and the season before MyGers, I got 8 away games.

There is 4 in our friends and family group, 3 silver and one bronze, 90 points below the silver threshold... so only 3 of us can get tickets in this first round.

Like others have said, literally been in MyGers from the start, never had an issue getting tickets for any Hampden game, literally haven't' missed a SF or Final, and now only 3 of us can get in.

System is rubbish.

I argued at the time, the old ballot wasn't perfect but it was fair, now we are paying £50 for the privilege of nothing.

I've had about 4 away games since MyGers came out and the season before MyGers, I got 8 away games.
If you’ve been to all games in the past five years you get a ticket. Simple.

Ach well,on 1242pts so i'll have to wait for a possible drop.

Been to every home game and five aways this season and still struggling to get a final ticket ( the main reason why i joined mygers ).

Will need to rethink on whether to buy mygers for next season.
Were these 5 away tickets through the club??

If you’ve been to all games in the past five years you get a ticket. Simple.
Unfortunately, it's not that simple.

Prior to MyGers, we've been to all the semis and finals.

Since MyGers, we've been to all the semis and finals.

Now, one of our F&F group is 90 points below the silver threshold and has not made the cut...

System is rubbish.

How was it fair? The last league cup final against the bheggars me, my brother and old man who have had season tickets for 20 years missed out on tickets through the ballot but my mate who had just bought a season ticket that season got one - how is that fair?

The new system is a far fairer way of distributing tickets for semi's & finals. Its the amount of tickets the club are syphoning off to sell as hospitality that's the problem.

How was it fair? The last league cup final against the bheggars me, my brother and old man who have had season tickets for 20 years missed out on tickets through the ballot but my mate who had just bought a season ticket that season got one - how is that fair?

The new system is a far fairer way of distributing tickets for semi's & finals. Its the amount of tickets the club are syphoning off to sell as hospitality that's the problem.
It wasn't perfect but was fair.

How is it fair, that my young niece, has had a season ticket with us since 2018, been to all SFs and Finals at Hampden in her young life, would go to every away game (as all of us in our friends and family group would) but has missed out because of some reason?

Literally been to every SF and final at Hampden since getting a season ticket and now is seemingly missing out because, one assumes, someone who hasn't been to all SFs & finals at Hampden fancies an OF final?

The old ballot wasn't perfect, but MyGers is just an excuse to fleece us of £50 and offers no real benefit to the supporters.

Last edited:
My Gers is the fairest way to distribute tickets as it is top down and rewards loyalty

However it’s not for me. I get zero benefit for my money and won’t be renewing next year or rejoining the cccs

I gave it a full non covid season to see how it works in reality

It wasn't perfect but was fair.

How is it fair, that my young niece, has had a season ticket with us since 2018, been to all SFs and Finals at Hampden in her young life, would go to every away game (as all of us in our friends and family group) but has missed out because of some reason?

Literally been to every SF and final at Hampden since getting a season ticket and now is seemingly missing out because, one assumes, someone who hasn't been to all SFs & finals at Hampden fancies an OF final?

The old ballot wasn't perfect, but MyGers is just an excuse to fleece us of £50 and offers no real benefit to the supporters.

Your niece missed out because she had less loyalty points than those that received tickets. That is blatantly a fairer system than drawing names out a hat. Its called a loyalty scheme for a reason as it rewards loyalty.

Removing MyGers and going back to the ballot system doesn't stop the club taking a large number of tickets for hospitality.

Now, one of our F&F group is 90 points below the silver threshold and has not made the cut...
I’m in the same boat so the question is what has changed and for me the answer will be bigger hospitality allocation. Rangers are at it here.

System is rubbish.

Top points down for Hampden is a lot fairer than a random ballot.
It is £40 for season ticket holders,which you have presumably.
Celtic,Kilmarnock,Motherwell,Hearts,St Mirren have cut huge numbers from the allocation of tickets given to the club.
Less tickets given to MYGers for this game is definitely an issue as is way more people applying for away games.
Times have changed.

Your niece missed out because she had less loyalty points than those that received tickets. That is blatantly a fairer system than drawing names out a hat. Its called a loyalty scheme for a reason as it rewards loyalty.

Removing MyGers and going back to the ballot system doesn't stop the club taking a large number of tickets for hospitality.
So how does my niece miss out now and not the semi, or last seasons Scottish cup?

She's been as "loyal" as she could possibly be for a 10 year old and would be more loyal if she was afforded the opportunity.

Only in Mygers for semi finals and finals, got all hampden games previously but not this one. Threshold will just keep rising and can’t afford to be chasing points for stupid stuff I won’t use or need. £40 for the privilege of nothing now

It is that simple.

If you’ve been to all games at Ibrox over the last five years and all cup games you will have a ticket.

So how does my niece miss out now and not the semi, or last seasons Scottish cup?

She's been as "loyal" as she could possibly be for a 10 year old and would be more loyal if she was afforded the opportunity.

Because Rangers have clearly decided to take more tickets for hospitality which has raised the points threshold for this game.

Ach well,on 1242pts so i'll have to wait for a possible drop.

Been to every home game and five aways this season and still struggling to get a final ticket ( the main reason why i joined mygers ).

Will need to rethink on whether to buy mygers for next season.
And the people above you on points have been doing this exact thing for many years more than you.

Rewarding loyalty. You don’t get to just skip the queue.

Is there another window to come for more tickets or is that all of our section sold out completely? (other than the odd person who doesn’t take up the ticket they have already been offered - which is highly unlikely anyway).

Is there another window to come for more tickets or is that all of our section sold out completely? (other than the odd person who doesn’t take up the ticket they have already been offered - which is highly unlikely anyway).
We’ll only know after the second but there’s generally always some sort of additional window.

Back