Leeds target Rangers star Glen Kamara for £8m summer transfer after scouting mission

I beg to differ Grigo/rfc4me,

McGinn went for a pittance. Van Dijk was daylight f**kin' robbery (cheers Ross!). Robertson, of the three, probably went for closer to his true worth at the time to Hull, although on the low side I would say. Rangers or Celtic could be perennial CL knock-out stages participants and English clubs would still come looking for and expecting to land 'bargains'. It's always been the case, it's just worse now than ever.

It seems inflation only applies to one league system when it suits them.
These days are gone for those prices the with Tierney sale .

I think this is exactly the sort of thing we should be doing. £8mill is a huge profit on a £50k buy and we would hopefully be able to push it up a bit if that is the first bid. Kamara has done extremely well but he is definitely a replaceable player, especially when he’s been a little off form.

I’d also suspect that background negotiations are already ongoing. Gerrard has been highlighting Kamara a bit recently and pointing out how much attention he is getting from other clubs. He certainly seems in the shop window a bit.

We need to profit on players. And getting massive profit on a guy who we can almost certainly replace with others of a similar standard is just sensible business. Arguably even within the squad, Aribo for Kamara doesn’t really weaken us.

My point was that GIVEN HOW WELL THEY ARE DOING that future fees could see a benefit TC, not that those specific fees were good.

Two of them are in the CL holders & the other is getting great reviews so maybe English clubs will now ( eg Arsenal for some reason on Tierney ) look more favourably at fee sizes to
Scotland now.
I agree the past success of mentally challenged players leaving and doing well , could well now benefit us for players we sell , in the future :D

I think Rangers would accept a bid somewhere between 8-12 million for him depending on a possible sell on clause. We shouldn't be rolled over by teams with cash but we do have to be realistic. Just because they've got money doesn't mean English teams are gonny spunk it everywhere. We need to make that first big sale, and for the player to go an be successful.

Kamara has all the tools to be that guy. Hes composed and cool in the middle, very efficient with the ball, and agile with it too. His ball skills are also very good and he is playing at a high level for Europe and is one of the key players for Finlands best ever team, who he will be representing at the Euros next summer.

I do hope he stays until after euros though and hopefully after some silverware with us and a decent europa league run. Exciting times though, really like this team we have at Rangers as a squad and individuals and when they inevitably leave ill definitely be tracking their careers as they progress. We've got a lot of value in the squad right now. Goldson, Helander, Barisic, Tavernier, Jack, Kamara, Kent, Morelos, Katic, Aribo, Jones will all have great sell on value at the moment, even discounting how cheap we got most of them for.

If somebody offers £8m for Kamara or anywhere near that figure then we will accept it, be it january or the summer.
Anyone saying different is delusional.

Really cant see Leeds paying 8-10m quid for him. Leeds aren't big spenders in the transfer market.

I'd be more inclined to believe the fee being mooted is what we would be looking for.

if that kinda money does come in for him a think its fantastic buisness and would hope the money would be invested into a no10 type player. a goal scoring attacking midfielder.

Okay perhaps not; but folk are missing the point.

Is a Rangers squad better with or without Kamara? Obviously it’s better with him.

Could we still get big money for him next summer? Of course.

So why would we hamper our title chances selling an important player now when we don’t need to? It would be insanity.
You’re right, mate.
I’m sure the need to won’t be an option for a while yet as well.
The bigger question for me is if Gerrard and Ross Wilson identify players that will improve us immediately but might cost more in the summer or sign for somebody else.
He might need some money for this.

If we're still in the EL I can't see us selling important players. We would still need sufficient numbers to play twice a week. If we're not in the EL one or two first teamers may leave, hopefully not AMo.

Why would you leave Rangers for Leeds next summer when we will have an opportunity to make the Champions league. Keep him 3 seasons and sell him for £15m to premier league

We should have tried to loan him to the championship this season. He was one of the best midfielders in league 1 last season. If he had a good season in the championship we could have got a decent fee for him. A total waste having him sitting in the stand.
He'll go on loan in January

If somebody offers £8m for Kamara or anywhere near that figure then we will accept it, be it january or the summer.

delusional ???

what if there was an incredible bid for alfie from an Epl side ? some of the more negative posters wanted him out not so long ago cos he missed a chance or 2 against the tims.

if you look through the squad, as much as the manager has done a great job and got very good value we dont have that many players that will make us a huge profit. i dont see it as such a simple decision for the board with a title to play for and the player/ team doing the business in europe.

8M is about same we got for Hutton 10 years ago im sure.

I think Rangers would accept a bid somewhere between 8-12 million for him depending on a possible sell on clause. We shouldn't be rolled over by teams with cash but we do have to be realistic. Just because they've got money doesn't mean English teams are gonny spunk it everywhere. We need to make that first big sale, and for the player to go an be successful.

Kamara has all the tools to be that guy. Hes composed and cool in the middle, very efficient with the ball, and agile with it too. His ball skills are also very good and he is playing at a high level for Europe and is one of the key players for Finlands best ever team, who he will be representing at the Euros next summer.

I do hope he stays until after euros though and hopefully after some silverware with us and a decent europa league run. Exciting times though, really like this team we have at Rangers as a squad and individuals and when they inevitably leave ill definitely be tracking their careers as they progress. We've got a lot of value in the squad right now. Goldson, Helander, Barisic, Tavernier, Jack, Kamara, Kent, Morelos, Katic, Aribo, Jones will all have great sell on value at the moment, even discounting how cheap we got most of them for.
I think trying to keep him till the summer due to Finland playing the Euros is an important point. If he performs well at that stage it will certainly add a few million to his value.

Read the well informed Leeds united correspondent Phil hay in the athletic. Leeds United don’t have 8 million to spend according to him and he is a fan.

His purchase price is irrelevant.

Let’s get #55 tied up and reappraise the need for sales n the summer.

Any offers for Kamara in a January should be countered with a crazy money price tag. If they want wig £8m we don’t listen to anything under £12m.

There’s always a lot of big chat on here demanding big prices but fact of the matter is if he’s worth 30m plus we need to be paying him 30m player wages. That’s how it works.

Nonsense, the transfer fee paid for a player has no direct correlation to his current wage!

Agree with you both. I think it's more than possible that we could get more for him but, considering what we've paid £8m + a sell on percentage would represent very very good business for both us and the buyer.

For a guy who isnt an automatic starter I dont think we should turn that down.

delusional ???

what if there was an incredible bid for alfie from an Epl side ? some of the more negative posters wanted him out not so long ago cos he missed a chance or 2 against the tims.

if you look through the squad, as much as the manager has done a great job and got very good value we dont have that many players that will make us a huge profit. i dont see it as such a simple decision for the board with a title to play for and the player/ team doing the business in europe.

My recollection was 9m Hutton, 8m Boumsong & 7m Cuellar mate.

Edit - Cuellar reported as 7.8m.

Last edited:
I think there are English football journalists who don’t realised Dundee and dundee United are different clubs

Kamara was in the process of running downhill contract with Dundee United last season before Rangers managed to sign the player for just £50,000.
The Finn is a product of Arsenal’s academy, but only managed to make one appearance for the Gunners before joining Dundee on a free transfer in 2017.

Glen Kamara only joined Rangers in January of this year for £50,000
:oops:

Gerrard has said he won’t be getting a new contract. If a club comes in with a bid and we reject it, he’ll have every right to ask to be paid like a player who's worth £8 million. That's one of the main reasons why we wouldn't knock it back.

Gerrard has said he won’t be getting a new contract. If a club comes in with a bid and we reject it, he’ll have every right to ask to be paid like a player who's worth £8 million. That's one of the main reasons why we wouldn't knock it back.

You think there’s a reason that Gerrard doesn’t want to fight for him PB ?

delusional ???

Why are you bringing Morelos into a transfer discussion about Kamara. The 2 scenarios are non comparable.

If you think Rangers wont accept £8m for Kamara then you are delusional.

You think there’s a reason that Gerrard doesn’t want to fight for him PB ?

Just speculating mate! Gerrard is here to win trophies right now. Kamara has a lot of talent and can go up another couple of levels, but he's a project that requires a lot of work. To get that kind of money for a player who cost 50k and isn't a cast-iron starter would be phenomenal business.

If he keeps playing the way he has been, we progress in Europe and win a trophy or two, I suspect that he may go for more than £8 million.
What we paid for him is irrelevant, what’s important is how much someone else is prepared to pay to buy him.

I
*£8m.

English football clubs have a lot of cash, but most of them aren't stupid. If we price Leeds out of it, they'll just turn their attentions somewhere else.

It's not about how much they'll pay. It's what price we sell

Why are you bringing Morelos into a transfer discussion about Kamara. The 2 scenarios are non comparable.

If you think Rangers wont accept £8m for Kamara then you are delusional.

I'd be disappointed if they did. We're trying to win a league. We need our best players

Given how shite the last 8 years have been, the selfish part of me wants Rangers Glen Kamara to be at the Euros with Finland. Along with Davis, Jones, Borna and Fill.

If we can get £8m for a player who joined us for £50k only twelve months ago, then that is fantastic business.

Kamara is great, and he'll go on to be a brilliant footballer, but he's not irreplaceable and this is exactly what the transfer model is supposed to do.

It would be fantastic business, but we should hold out for a lot more.

English clubs have been getting players from Scotland on the cheap. We need to make sure we don't get beasted. £15m for Kamara and then we talk.

Tell me where else they can get a player of his quality for £8m.

His value in the transfer market is based on a. His ability and international experience b, his age c. Length of existing contract d. His wage demands at any new club e. How much the new club is willing to spend over and above market value f. Buying clubs financial situation ie TV money etc
I’d say if it was Leeds we’d look for £15 million taking all that into account

Back