Leigh Griffiths: We can still land ‘the ten’

Enjoy bears hahaha

Leigh Griffiths has voiced his backing for Celtic’s beleaguered bosses, Neil Lennon and Peter Lawwell.

The Hoops striker has received plenty of backing from the manager and chief executive respectively during the periods he has struggled at Celtic Park.

And after seeing the two men come under fire for the ill-fated trip to Dubai, and the form slump that has followed, he has urged critics to try to keep a sense of perspective.

“We want the gaffer to stay for as long as possible because we feel he is still the right man for the job,” said Griffiths, in the wake of reports the club were minded to stick with the status quo until the summer.

“There has been talk about his position, and Mr Lawwell’s position, too.

“But you need to remember what these guys have done for the club.

“Yeah, the fans support us and we all love them. We want them back in the stadium as soon as possible so they can cheer us on.

“But fans quickly forget what those two have done for the club.

“The gaffer has won five out of six trophies since he came back.

“Mr Lawwell has won the last nine domestic league titles and guided us to a quadruple Treble.

“The fans are hurting more than any of us. It is up to us players to put that right.

“We are the ones who need to take most of the responsibility. We are the ones out there playing for three points, and we are not putting in the performances.

“The manager and the coaching staff can give you all the instructions possible, but ultimately it is us players who are failing to carry out those instructions perfectly.

“We are the ones who can affect what gets said about them, and we are not giving them what they want.”

Back-to-back draws against Livingston prompted Lennon to admit he could understand why people would say the title race was all over, and with it, Celtic’s dreams of a historic 10-in-a-row.

The Northern Irishman, though, has stressed the need to fight on – and Griffiths goes even further.

“Yes, we’ve got a big points gap to try to claw back, and we have not had the best of seasons,” said the Scotland international.

“But it is still mathematically possible – we can still win the league. It’s going to take an almighty push from everybody involved, and we need to take it one game at a time.

“The fans thought it was a foregone conclusion that we were just going to turn up this season and win the 10. It doesn’t work like that.

“You need to earn the right to win trophies. We earned that right 12 times-in-a-row, but that has not been the case this season.”

Why not is the question the Leith-born forward is as baffled about as any supporter.

“We are still doing the same things. The coaching hasn’t changed, what the gaffer, John Kennedy and Gavin Strachan give us is brilliant,” he said.

“It’s just not been a great season, but we have time to turn it around.

“It is actually a pity we are not playing until Wednesday (at home to Hamilton Accies) because after the disappointment, you want to get back on the pitch as quickly as possible.

“However, as I say, the title is still mathematically possible and, of course, there is the Scottish Cup still to play for.

“We have players at this club who do not know what it’s like to not win a cup final or lose a league.

“I have done it, and I can tell you it is up there with the worst feelings in the world.

“Thankfully, for the last few years I have been on a winning side.

“If we can get back to Hampden in the Scottish Cup, then hopefully I will be on the winning side again.
Mathematically possible you say?

We had better chances last year and their tune was much different then when handed the trophy.

I agree with him! I also think they can win 10 more points before the end of the season, and Lennon can stay forever from a Rangers fans point of view. Thanks for the suggestion ‘Mr Griffiths’

One for the older bears!

Zammo_-_Just_Say_No.jpg

I agree with him! I also think they can win 10 more points before the end of the season, and Lennon can stay forever from a Rangers fans point of view. Thanks for the suggestion ‘Mr Griffith

I agree with him! I also think they can win 10 more points before the end of the season, and Lennon can stay forever from a Rangers fans point of view. Thanks for the suggestion ‘Mr Griffiths’
And 9 of those points will come from the sheep

No doubt it’s been posted earlier but, anybody who wants Lennon to be kept on as Celtic manager is alright* by me.

*see small print, available on demand with one years notice required.

"You need to earn the right to win trophies. We earned that right 12 times-in-a-row, but that has not been the case this season.”

You only earn the right if you play all the games and finish first. You didnt do that last season you asshole.

Can’t stand that wee rat bastard.

Someone posted on Twitter last week that if any of us ever tire from given that mob a hard time just remind yourself of the time he tied a green and grey scarf to our goal posts.
God I can’t stand him

You are looking ONLY at the statement he made in catching us. In isolation.

Everyone else is reading the rest of it, our support, their support, neutrals. Let me pick out a few relevant parts for you mate;

Leigh Griffiths has voiced his backing for Celtic’s beleaguered bosses, Neil Lennon and Peter Lawwell.

he has urged critics to try to keep a sense of perspective.

“We want the gaffer to stay for as long as possible because we feel he is still the right man for the job,”

“The fans thought it was a foregone conclusion that we were just going to turn up this season and win the 10. It doesn’t work like that.

“We are still doing the same things. The coaching hasn’t changed, what the gaffer, John Kennedy and Gavin Strachan give us is brilliant,” he said.

Those are all exactly the last things the scum fans want to hear right now. They blame lennon and lawwell for our title and they are absolutely hating being told by a racist junkie ned that they are all just entitled and spoilt by previous seasons.

THAT is what makes it an absolutely absurd interview, regardless of whether his point about being able to catch us is correct or not.

And, just by the by, the league is over. :D

I am sure we can all agree that seeing them in such disarray is simply wonderful!
Of course, it is hilarious.
But the league is not over.
I can't say this often enough, the league is not over.
We have a cup final on Wednesday.

Of course, it is hilarious.
But the league is not over.
I can't say this often enough, the league is not over.
We have a cup final on Wednesday.
The league is over and Wednesday is no more important than any other game this season. It is 100% not a cup final and thinking like that, increasing pressure for absolutely no reason, is literally the ONLY danger to us this season.

The league is over and Wednesday is no more important than any other game this season. It is 100% not a cup final and thinking like that, increasing pressure for absolutely no reason, is literally the ONLY danger to us this season.
Sorry I don't agree with that at all.
If you are looking for an argument over this then fine.
The biggest thing we have to fear is complacency.

We have to take every game one at a time and we have to start each game as if it is the most important three points of the season, hence the cup final analogy.
You could clearly see the difference between the Motherwell game and Saturday.
One was complacency from the outset and the other was a team who started like it was the most important three points of the season.

Give me the Saturday Rangers until the end of the season and the league will be in the bag.

We have to take every game one at a time and we have to start each game as if it is the most important three points of the season, hence the cup final analogy.
One was complacency from the outset and the other was a team who started like it was the most important three points of the season.

Give me the Saturday Rangers until the end of the season and the league will be in the bag.
You are free to disagree but here is no argument mate.

The second you tell me how ME thinking it is over makes a blind bit of difference, I will concede, 100%

I am a supporter, at home, in England, in lockdown. I do not play for Rangers, manage Rangers, interact with anyone at the club or hold even the tiniest of tiny amounts of influence at Rangers.

Gerrard has to take in OnE gAmE aT a TiMe. Fortunately for me, I do not and there is not one single thing I can do that will change the outcome of this foregone conclusion of a title.

The bookies have us at 150/1 on to win it. I think that is generous.

This title is over bar the shouting, has been for a few weeks and I am simply going to sit back and enjoy it all the way to the end.

Thank you griffiths, for this hilarity, it simply adds to the delight!

Brain-dead.

Are Celt*c players now just taking turns to tell us how good they are and that the league isn’t over?

As Stevie Gerrard said. “We have to play every game,like its the last game on earth”.

As long as the players and management adhere to this we will win it, but it doesn’t matter what we supporters do or say, I’m just enjoying it on a weekly basis.

Enjoy bears hahaha

The Hoops striker has received plenty of backing from the manager and chief executive respectively during the periods he has struggled at Celtic Park.

And after seeing the two men come under fire for the ill-fated trip to Dubai, and the form slump that has followed, he has urged critics to try to keep a sense of perspective.

“We want the gaffer to stay for as long as possible because we feel he is still the right man for the job,” said Griffiths, in the wake of reports the club were minded to stick with the status quo until the summer.

“There has been talk about his position, and Mr Lawwell’s position, too.

“Yeah, the fans support us and we all love them. We want them back in the stadium as soon as possible so they can cheer us on.

“Mr Lawwell has won the last nine domestic league titles and guided us to a quadruple Treble.

“The fans are hurting more than any of us. It is up to us players to put that right.

“We are the ones who need to take most of the responsibility. We are the ones out there playing for three points, and we are not putting in the performances.

“The manager and the coaching staff can give you all the instructions possible, but ultimately it is us players who are failing to carry out those instructions perfectly.

“We are the ones who can affect what gets said about them, and we are not giving them what they want.”

Back-to-back draws against Livingston prompted Lennon to admit he could understand why people would say the title race was all over, and with it, Celtic’s dreams of a historic 10-in-a-row.

The Northern Irishman, though, has stressed the need to fight on – and Griffiths goes even further.

“Yes, we’ve got a big points gap to try to claw back, and we have not had the best of seasons,” said the Scotland international.

“But it is still mathematically possible – we can still win the league. It’s going to take an almighty push from everybody involved, and we need to take it one game at a time.

“You need to earn the right to win trophies. We earned that right 12 times-in-a-row, but that has not been the case this season.”

Why not is the question the Leith-born forward is as baffled about as any supporter.

“It’s just not been a great season, but we have time to turn it around.

“It is actually a pity we are not playing until Wednesday (at home to Hamilton Accies) because after the disappointment, you want to get back on the pitch as quickly as possible.

“However, as I say, the title is still mathematically possible and, of course, there is the Scottish Cup still to play for.

“We have players at this club who do not know what it’s like to not win a cup final or lose a league.

“I have done it, and I can tell you it is up there with the worst feelings in the world.

“Thankfully, for the last few years I have been on a winning side.

“If we can get back to Hampden in the Scottish Cup, then hopefully I will be on the winning side again.
Just glanced through it but I'd say he knows he's gone if anyone else comes in :))

He’s been sent out to do an interview to try and take the flack away from their manager and board and he’s not smart enough to notice.

No way does he genuinely think he can be a voice of reason to the baying mob.
Cos he's a skint scumbag like most of them they mustve thought he was more relatable :))

You are free to disagree but here is no argument mate.

The second you tell me how ME thinking it is over makes a blind bit of difference, I will concede, 100%

I am a supporter, at home, in England, in lockdown. I do not play for Rangers, manage Rangers, interact with anyone at the club or hold even the tiniest of tiny amounts of influence at Rangers.

Gerrard has to take in OnE gAmE aT a TiMe. Fortunately for me, I do not and there is not one single thing I can do that will change the outcome of this foregone conclusion of a title.

The bookies have us at 150/1 on to win it. I think that is generous.

This title is over bar the shouting, has been for a few weeks and I am simply going to sit back and enjoy it all the way to the end.

Thank you griffiths, for this hilarity, it simply adds to the delight!
You are kinda right in that what a supporter thinks, mentions, talks about, worries over shouldn't matter a damn.
But in another way you are wrong. although removed from the heart of the decision making we are nonetheless connected by culture and as part of the Rangers family every single one of us in some part adds to the overall mentality of that culture.

That is why these cvunts across the city arrogantly thought the ten was in the bag, that is why they celebrate bullying and tarnished trophies and that is why they steal victories won not on the field of play but off the park in the small print, and then gloat over the theft.
That is their culture and it seeps into every pore of their being and it emanates from the small things and from the small people right up to the Board.

Our culture is one of a different design.
It is born of humility, dignity and self-awareness and respect.
It is Protestant in nature and heritage and it is Scottish and British in determination and stoicism.
And again, it starts off with the small things and with the small people and from there it creates a living culture that beats through the heart of the club that is visible to everyone including the players.
That is why Michael Mols wrote his piece about once a Ranger always a Ranger.

I don't want the players hearing that the support thinks this is a done deal and I am sure Steven Gerrard doesn't either.
But if we carry on like Saturday it soon will be.

You are kinda right in that what a supporter thinks, mentions, talks about, worries over shouldn't matter a damn.
But in another way you are wrong. although removed from the heart of the decision making we are nonetheless connected by culture and as part of the Rangers family every single one of us in some part adds to the overall mentality of that culture.

That is why these cvunts across the city arrogantly thought the ten was in the bag, that is why they celebrate bullying and tarnished trophies and that is why they steal victories won not on the field of play but off the park in the small print, and then gloat over the theft.
That is their culture and it seeps into every pore of their being and it emanates from the small things and from the small people right up to the Board.

Our culture is one of a different design.
It is born of humility, dignity and self-awareness and respect.
It is Protestant in nature and heritage and it is Scottish and British in determination and stoicism.
And again, it starts off with the small things and with the small people and from there it creates a living culture that beats through the heart of the club that is visible to everyone including the players.
That is why Michael Mols wrote his piece about once a Ranger always a Ranger.

I don't want the players hearing that the support thinks this is a done deal and I am sure Steven Gerrard doesn't either.
But if we carry on like Saturday it soon will be.
Eh, no.

The players and manager are focused. They absolutely need to be and they still have work to do.

Our foe are in disarray, we are flying and we have a lead that simply will not be overtaken.

There is nothing arrogant in stating that. At all.

What you are saying is that you do not trust our team or manager to do what they need to do, and feel they are so fragile that some no -mark like me, out in the wider world, could derail them at this moment.

I would say that you are doing them a massive disservice.

What you are actually worried about is looking foolish for celebrating too early. I am not. It is all good.

Back