Length of time since each club in the Scottish Premiership have had a penalty in a league match

temperance

Get one at the weekend and we top that list.

sometimes your at the bottom of these lists sometimes your at the top.

id rather see the stats of how frequently the scum get penalties, probably like 1 every 5 games
You’re correct, the filth could have been bottom of that table (they weren’t) but one pen takes you to the top.

Ubik

There's a video of Clancys cheating from December, he "missed" 4 jersey pulls on Aribo.
You might remember in that same game it was not only a penalty but also a yellow card.
morelos pulled down by julien = foul celtic
goldson halved at a corner = foul celtic
davis made to leave the pitch the goal as celtic players demanded
injury time going and going
etc

if we had a fair set of officials, we would have horsed them and they'd have had a few missing for after the winter break, instead we miss alfie.

We were cheated beyond belief that day but not just by Clancy but his officials and afterwards by the SPFL.

GazzaG

Official Ticketer
morelos pulled down by julien = foul celtic
goldson halved at a corner = foul celtic
davis made to leave the pitch the goal as celtic players demanded
injury time going and going
etc

if we had a fair set of officials, we would have horsed them and they'd have had a few missing for after the winter break, instead we miss alfie.

We were cheated beyond belief that day but not just by Clancy but his officials and afterwards by the SPFL.
I think it may have been yourself that I replied to on another thread about how much cheating had gone on that day that I'd forgotten about the Davis incident.

The Goldson one is another that had totally slipped my mind.

1288Bear

You’re correct, the filth could have been bottom of that table (they weren’t) but one pen takes you to the top.
The filth would never be bottom of that table and nor should they be.

Given the amount of attacking and time spent in the opposition box by both sides of the old firm we both should be constantly in the top positions with only teams awarded penalties in the last couple of weeks ahead of us. Neither should be anywhere near the bottom and to go almost an entire calendar year (even allowing for two months lockdown) without a penalty is unthinkable.

Another Dodgy Decision

I’m going back a couple of seasons now but one of the worst decisions I’ve seen was against Dundee and we were 4-0 up at Ibrox. Morelos ran through one on one and the keeper brought him down. The ref booked Morelos for diving, then turned around and had to stop play as the keepers face was bleeding (he had obviously caught Morelos with his head). Who was the ref that day was it Maclean or something?

edit - checked and it was Greg Aitken

Last edited:

Ubik

That doesn't surprise me. You hear of the great unwashed claiming we get everything as well.

last year SPFL card count was massively in favour of the tarriers
last years Euro card count was very similar, almost identical.

Strange these anomalies dont get mentioned in the press.

wearetheppl

last year SPFL card count was massively in favour of the tarriers
last years Euro card count was very similar, almost identical.

Strange these anomalies dont get mentioned in the press.
That is exactly why it should be pointed out. It stands to reason if you have alot of the ball in and around the box you will get fouls and penalties more often than teams who dont but thats not the case in the SPFL. Its plain to see that its infested.

dennyperkins

2-1 game at the piggery before Katic scored Airbo was being held by one of the mutants = no pen.

Jump back to the 1st half the ref gave a pen under the exact same circumstances for the tims.

Aribo's jersey was being pulled down to his shoulder and yet no penalty!!

The other stat is for bookings. All clubs will receive a booking after around 6 to 8 fouls each game, except for 1 club. Their average is around 13 fouls, so they are allowed to commit twice as many fouls before a player being booked!!
This obviously makes a huge difference to suspensions in the course of a season as well.

1288Bear

You just know that, now that this has been highlighted, the next time we are cruising to a comfortable victory we will be awarded a soft (possibly dodgy) penalty that in no way affects the outcome of the game - hoping to shut us up and then it starts all over again.

Lomoon17

Astounding statistic. Thoroughly endorses the claim that there is corruption in the SPFL and the refereeing anti-Gers community. They will probably turn the stat around and say it proves that the other clubs play very sportingly against Rangers. Aye Right :mad:

Purpolaris

I get your point. I just don’t remember any stonewallers we were denied. Not saying there wasn’t any, none come to mind.
2-1 game at the piggery before Katic scored Airbo was being held by one of the mutants = no pen.

Jump back to the 1st half the ref gave a pen under the exact same circumstances for the tims.
There was three instances of this in this game which we were denied.

Grigo Yossarian

this and the stats on fouls per booking really show up this corrupt league

someone should put together these stars as a table

you can bet Celtic is at the top of all of these stats and we will be mid table

I think we also have the most possession and touches in the opponents penalty area

corrupt
Good point about yellows per foul.

Funnily, in the EL we were about the same as the scum, while we were about half of them in Scotland.

Grigo Yossarian

I think it may have been yourself that I replied to on another thread about how much cheating had gone on that day that I'd forgotten about the Davis incident.

The Goldson one is another that had totally slipped my mind.
There was actually so many wrong decisions to choose from that day Gazza, but my Top 5 Game Changing Errors were :

1. Edouard Goal Handball.
2.Pull on Aribo Penalty.
3.Bolingoli professional foul on Alfie when on yellow.
4.Christie baw grab on Alfie when on yellow.
5.Playing 2 extra time minutes beyond correct which cost Morelos a red.

There are so many more arguable, but every one of these was 100% wrong, and game changing, with the last one arguably season changing.

GazzaG

Official Ticketer
There was actually so many wrong decisions to choose from that day Gazza, but my Top 5 Game Changing Errors were :

1. Edouard Goal Handball.
2.Pull on Aribo Penalty.
3.Bolingoli professional foul on Alfie when on yellow.
4.Christie baw grab on Alfie when on yellow.
5.Playing 2 extra time minutes beyond correct which cost Morelos a red.

There are so many more arguable, but every one of these was 100% wrong, and game changing, with the last one arguably season changing.
4. Christie baw grab.
He had that earlier baw grab when he was on the deck stopped the ball with both hands as Steven Davis looked to start a counter attack.

He should have been off long before the Morelos incident.

Grigo Yossarian

4. Christie baw grab.
He had that earlier baw grab when he was on the deck stopped the ball with both hands as Steven Davis looked to start a counter attack.

He should have been off long before the Morelos incident.
Yes mate, you’re actually right. IN FACT, it was him pulling Aribo at the penalty too, so consistency with Katic should’ve meant a yellow there too. :mad:

Hehaw

I don't personally think refs are going out their way to cheat against us but I do think they are terrified to give us anything as if and when they do it is heavily scrutinized by the media for weeks on end and can usually lead to them receiving death threats.

Ubik

I don't personally think refs are going out their way to cheat against us but I do think they are terrified to give us anything as if and when they do it is heavily scrutinized by the media for weeks on end and can usually lead to them receiving death threats.
im not sure that makes sense?

they arent cheats but dont give us decisions because they are scared? what's Clancy scared of?

Grigo Yossarian

Generally, yes, but surely you’re not including Clancy in that ? Or Don Robertson ?

Northhiglander

Think you are right. We have a poor crop of referees, they aren’t that good full stop. But we also have a media lined up to savage them if they give us anything.

Some things we have done haven’t helped in not defending our corner. But long and short of this is we need to change the media narrative.

Goity

Interestingly, the refereeing stats for Rangers and them are completely reversed when reffed in Europe.

Funny that, it almost makes it look like it's impartial referees in Europe and not SPFL corrupt bigots, cheats and incompetents.

change consent