Lennon calls Maurice Ross an embarrassment and demands he apologies to the celtic players

I don't see Lennon in charge of them next season no matter what happens this season.

This is it for him. He looks unwell and unhealthy.

I heard that the Rangers coaching staff on Saturday thought that Lennon looked hungover and disinterested.

As you said no way is he their next season.

I doubt he will see this season out as pressure is to much for him.

Don’t worry Neil, I’m sure your old pal Derek McInnes will provide the required deferential handshake and curtsey on Sunday.

Robinson is worth the watching I didn’t believe his story in court about not assaulting his wife. He is forever fawning over that mob whilst he’s had a few fly digs at us. Someone should tell him they’ll still hate him no matter what he does to please them.

“He’s an employee of another Premiership team and I don’t think he should be making any comment at all on any other team or any other players.”

Interesting quote that one.
He says it every interview/press conference... Then does the exact opposite himself.
Scabby hypocrite.

If stories are true Kennedy is keeping the camp together and Lennon is cursing and turning up half pissed its on a matter of time. Heres hoping its not too soon.

Why isn’t Lennon having a go at Sutton for his comments over Griffiths? Why, when Maurice Ross gives an educated assessment on where Celtic are struggling and why they lost the game on Saturday is he demanding an apology?

He’s cracking big time here.

Thought Mo Ross made some excellent points. The type of analysis that's worth listening to rather than the usual ex-player nonsense.

Not surprising Lennon has reacted as Mo criticised most aspects of the team and management.

Lennon drawing attention to it will do the opposite of shutting down the discussion as would expect more people to listen to what was said now.

And Michael Stewart agreed with every point Mo Ross was making.
Good point, especially when you consider the has a gig with Bheggar TV.

Now, as the external media basically have to run their opinions past Lawell for approval, I think if Stewart still shows up there with a job it'll tell us that his weekend on the reasonable side of the debate is less Stewart seeing the light and more that he has instructions from the guys running the club to go after Lennon.

Lawell has previous for this when he fell out with Rogers. He's too tight fisted to sack the guy and too sleekit to tell him to his face, so he likes to use the media to put the manager in a position to walk.

NEIL LENNON has branded Maurice Ross an 'embarrassment' — and told him to say sorry to Celtic’s players.

The former Rangers defender, now first-team coach at Motherwell, slammed Celts in a radio interview after Saturday’s Old Firm defeat.

Ross claimed it was the weakest Celtic line-up in 20 years and insisted Lennon’s side only had a basic understanding of how to play their 3-5-2 formation.

The ex-Scotland full-back also questioned why Leigh Griffiths and Albian Ajeti still weren’t fit enough to start the derby clash

But seething Lennon — whose side face AC Milan — has revealed he has already received an apology from Fir Park boss Steve Robinson for Ross’s remarks.

Lennon rapped: “I was surprised and very disappointed. Stephen contacted me to apologise profusely. He found it embarrassing.

“I think Motherwell, as a club, have really good people there and they found it embarrassing as well.

“And to be honest with you, I found the comments embarrassing for Maurice rather than anyone else.

“He’s an employee of another Premiership team and I don’t think he should be making any comment at all on any other team or any other players.”

Lennon now insists Ross owes the Celtic players an apology.

He added: “The comments, in particular on Ajeti, on Griffiths, on the money that Shane Duffy may or may not be on, I think were abysmal.

“There is a professional standard, a professional etiquette, a professional respect and I think Maurice was lacking in all three of those.

“I don’t think he owes me an apology, I think he owes my players an apology, I think he owes my coaching staff an apology and I think he owes my club an apology.

“I think he owes his own club an apology too.”

Ross’s bombshell remarks came on Sunday on Radio Scotland’s Sportsound programme.

The ex-Gers defender said: “That starting 11 was probably the weakest I’ve seen from them in 20 years.

“Griffiths, struggling for fitness? How long does he take to get fit that boy, Ajeti?”

Ross also infuriated St Mirren with comments he made during the same radio show.

Saints were forced to postpone their game against Well after three of their players tested positive for Covid-19.

Saints chief executive Tony Fitzpatrick accused Ross of suggesting his side had taken advantage of the situation and wrote to Motherwell to complain.
Neil Lennon is an embarrassment. An embarrassment to humanity

You absolutely love to see this kind of thing. He has gotten right under their skin and I thought his analysis was excellent to be fair and unbelievably refreshing to hear someone on BBC radio Scotland with an real dissection of them rather than playing to the crowd. Michael Stewart who is employed by Celtic agreed with every word by the way I don’t hear Lennon ripping him to bits the way he has with Maurice. Funny that.

What was it he said after it? “Some of these players don’t want to be here”

I don’t think one people from the Celtic first team except Bolingoli left after that comment.
Bolingoli had already been jettisoned from the team by that stage.

The comments were directed at those still on the park, and they're all still there - or to be more accurate most of them were sitting at home with a variety of hard to verify sick lines (not tested yet after Covid, back injury, that sort of thing)

I'm only surprised Lennon hasn't deflected (a la Clarke) by saying he was ashamed by the Rangers fans on Saturday in the stadium singing hurtful, bigoted songs. And that's why he moved to Bolton to escape the racism in the West of Scotland.

So the A-hole who constantly has a say about every club and their players is now preaching that no one has the right to say anything negative about his rancid club or players. Talk about double standards, well I think I went over board there and stated standards when speaking about the TLB, as this creature has none and nor has his club. Well done Mo, another Mo to stick it into that club and follow follow in the path of Mo Johnston and Mo Edu.

Why isn’t Lennon having a go at Sutton for his comments over Griffiths? Why, when Maurice Ross gives an educated assessment on where Celtic are struggling and why they lost the game on Saturday is he demanding an apology?

He’s cracking big time here.
My thoughts exactly. Pretty much all of what Maurice Ross stated was backed up with facts or knowledgeable insight from a tactical standpoint.

The truth hurts I guess. I’d imagine that Robinson will be none too happy about getting dragged into this publicly.

The facade of being an actual coach is fading by the game. Let’s see where TLB is in a weeks time.

Shame that this will likely end any punditry for Maurice Ross, I enjoyed listening to his analysis of the game at the weekend.

Heaven forbid anyone dare to criticise the Lurgan bigot or his rancid team! Your a bunch of
shitebags Lemmon so GIRUY!

Lennon in the press in the aftermath of an Old Firm humiliation as the children of a lesser God froth and foam at the mouth baying for his head? I couldn’t possibly comment that this is classic spin and deflection emanating from the Piggery, but you could.

Never thought I'd say this but I hope they get a decent result tonight because I want Lennon in charge when we stop 10 and win 55. A humping tonight might see them spiral even more and end up sacking him.

Winning 55 on his watch would see him in the looney bin

Unfortunately I think this will give them a kick up the arse and drive them on. Lennon knows exactly what he's doing here.

In desperate need to prove he still has control of the dressing room publicly and they have a mega tough away game to them amongst a nightmare run of games next month.

Big gamble going down this road for him, if form doesn’t pick up, he’ll look weak and he’ll no longer get the same protection from his lapdogs in the press.

Never thought I'd say this but I hope they get a decent result tonight because I want Lennon in charge when we stop 10 and win 55. A humping tonight might see them spiral even more and end up sacking him.

Winning 55 on his watch would see him in the looney bin
On friday night they were going on about chasing 5 trophies this season

TLB is clearly losing the plot and has deep issues. The Motherwell chairman has embarrassed himself much more than Ross with his grovelling

I too hope they get a result against AC Milan and I am usually in the Anyone But Celtic camp.
It will end speculation about Lennon's job and I don't want in this year of 55 or 10iar , that they bring another Brenda in just because they got outplayed in a Scottish Cup semi.
I want them to muddle along with a hungover coaching team until May 2021.

All of the above , won't stop me laughing if Zlatan embarrasses Duffy though.

Good point, especially when you consider the has a gig with Bheggar TV.

Now, as the external media basically have to run their opinions past Lawell for approval, I think if Stewart still shows up there with a job it'll tell us that his weekend on the reasonable side of the debate is less Stewart seeing the light and more that he has instructions from the guys running the club to go after Lennon.

Lawell has previous for this when he fell out with Rogers. He's too tight fisted to sack the guy and too sleekit to tell him to his face, so he likes to use the media to put the manager in a position to walk.

What he said, Stewart droned on but his basic points were:

- spot on Mo
- I agree with Mo
- yes, Mo's right

Strangely Mr Stewart doesn't get both barrels

I too hope they get a result against AC Milan and I am usually in the Anyone But Celtic camp.
It will end speculation about Lennon's job and I don't want in this year of 55 or 10iar , that they bring another Brenda in just because they got outplayed in a Scottish Cup semi.
I want them to muddle along with a hungover coaching team until May 2021.

All of the above , won't stop me laughing if Zlatan embarrasses Duffy though.
They won't be sacking Lennon anytime soon. Even if they did, it'd be O'Neill or Strachan taking over until the end of the season at least. Lawwell can control Lennon easily, and that's the most important thing for him.

Reading between the lines, this has nothing to do with what Ross has said. He is trying to rally his players. This is about the 3rs or 4th time he's spoken since the pumping and everytime he opens its mouth its like he is pleading with his players that he has their back. Im strongly beginning to believe that dressing room is gone. In the past Lennon himself would have torn into them for being hopelessly outclassed
Dont normally pay much attention to them or their results until it gets to the business end of the season or we are about to play them. I will be watching out for their next few games with added interest now though.

If you compare how lennon has been strutting (waddling) about when everything has been going their way to how he looked at the weekend. There has been a big shift. He looked bereft of ideas and broken. And that's only one game. Imagine what he will be like with a few dropped points and underperforming players. The more sound bites like this, make me think there are big problems ahead for him/them. I can't wait.

We just need to keep doing what we have been. Keep the pressure on.

Mo was invited on to a podcast to provide his personal opinion and reaction to the Celtic v Rangers match. Maybe you could address some of the points he made rather than fling the toys out of the pram because you don't like some harsh truths?

Plenty of people employed by other clubs are invited on to radio or TV to provide analysis every other week. The pish stained alkie is losing the plot.

Interesting quote that one.
That one jumped right out at me, as well as:
There is a professional standard, a professional etiquette, a professional respect and I think Maurice was lacking in all three of those.
The words "neck" and "blowtorch" spring to mind.

Ha Ha Lennon cannae take it........ in fact none of them can. The timplosion this week has been spectacular. Why are they getting so upset losing to a new team????

A guy who had a media gig, being vilified for giving an honest assessment of what he saw. Keep winning games please Rangers, and watch this wee cretin eventually crack, horrible wee lady's front bottom

I was thinking how refreshing it is to have someone on radio saying it like it is. Lennons reaction (backed up by the press) shines a light on why people usually stick to the script.

Back