Lennon says griff on throwing objects at fans. I say he should have a nation wide stadium ban

No crime equates to viewing them as equals or even Human. They are scum and should be treated as such at all times.

Jesus mate, take a break. Some pretty 'strong' views you have there.

While I have a pretty healthy dislike for them, I try to avoid getting too wrapped up in the petty little things.

Last edited:
Should be punished, doesn't matter if it's a bit of tape or not. Rolled up tape can be quite sharp at bits and could potentially do damage if it hits his eye. Unlikely but still.

That's before taking into consideration that it could've caused a riot, encourages throwing objects and if he gets away with it, he can't complain if Killie do it back to him.

Players aren't above the rules and should be role models. We can sit here and argue all day but if players ( not just rangers ones) are getting punished for their celebrations that are physically harmless then we should expect similar, or worse punishment for throwing objects.

Grezda spat on a player and it was all over the place in negative light, rightly so might I add, this is arguably worse.

Alfredo gets hot bovril flung at him and makes a gesture and look at the outrage.
Even worse...A f*ckin glass bottle got launched at barasic!! Did anything ever get done about that btw? I dont remember seeing anything about the action taken..

If its ok to throw certain things at players or fans , can the SFA compliance officer give us a list of things that are allowed to be thrown at players or fans .

im in no way condoning or promoting throwing things at football games but id like to see the list of acceptable items please

Just running a total mockery of not just our game but society. Starts from the top. Could it be any more obvious

Griff ? ffs cringe !

100%, I hate when Rangers affiliated people refer to Celtic players (or any other players) by anything other than their surname or full name, or slagging name - see "Lenny", does ma nut.

Griffiths is Griffiths, Leigh Griffiths or Thumbheid.

At the risk of sounding like I am joking (I am not)... any missile that isn't crumpled paper that gets thrown should result in a ban.

A bottle, or scalding bovril can cause injury. A pen or sock tape could catch someone's eye if they were unaware.

Throw something at football. Get punished. Simple as that.

So by the logic being used, Griffiths done nothing wrong.

Would he, lennon and the arse licking media be OK if the guy lobbed the tape back at Griffiths?

I had never heard the word narrative used very often but that clown Stewart uses it all the time to sound important and every cant copy’s him :))
I'm not the brightest but would like to think I'm smarter than Stewart I will use story next time to keep you happy

I think we should all wait and see what John 'moral compass' Fartson has to say about it and let him explain to us why this incident is completely different to any previous incidents involving our players before commenting further.

Fkn tosser.

It’s irelevant that’s it’s tape from his sock, it’s the action.

Indeed.

At what point does it become unacceptable? Sock tape? An actual sock? A boot?

Will be interesting to see if any action is taken by the authorities. I know it would lead to further bewilderment on the tramps part but I think we’d understand.

Celtic & their friends in the media have got onto this one quickly to play it down (it was only a little bit of tape etc.) & give reasons behind why it's acceptable (due to the abuse he apparently received).

Boyd is now their fans target, with him questioning the fallout from this & mentioning the lack of games that he's played recently.

At the risk of sounding like I am joking (I am not)... any missile that isn't crumpled paper that gets thrown should result in a ban.

A bottle, or scalding bovril can cause injury. A pen or sock tape could catch someone's eye if they were unaware.

Throw something at football. Get punished. Simple as that.
I'd you crumple up paper it can have sharp pointy bits

No exceptions should be made, if you throw stuff aimed at people during a sporting event you should be punished. Doesn't matter how dangerous it is , the intent is there.

They have never ever done anything remotely wrong ever or ever lost a game fair and square ever, Dontcha know.
images

I think we should all wait and see what John 'moral compass' Fartson has to say about it and let him explain to us why this incident is completely different to any previous incidents involving our players before commenting further.

Fkn tosser.

exactly what I was about to post, see if fat heed dares to say a bad wordabout that club defending that sort of behaviour.

exactly what I was about to post, see if fat heed dares to say a bad wordabout that club defending that sort of behaviour.
I'd be very surprised if that no mark says a word, the agenda has already been set to turn this on Boyd.

Regarding sellic rules, he really hasn't done much wrong. That is the standard behaviour for the club, management and support. Journos Tuck their kids into bed at night telling them about such fans, how they are misunderstood and victimised. No story here.

No exceptions should be made, if you throw stuff aimed at people during a sporting event you should be punished. Doesn't matter how dangerous it is , the intent is there.

I get your point about intent being there.

But our displays that we hold up, individual pieces of paper plastic, are often lobbed on the park by some. That was all I meant

Completely unsurprising response to the incident.

I recall Jamie Carragher(?) getting sent off at Highbury years ago for launching a coin back into the crowd after it had been thrown at him.

Lennon is clearly telling fibs when stating that Thumbheid threw the object to the ground. Quite embarrassing, really, when the video clip is shown. The mentally ill Griffiths is now a danger to both himself and others when throwing objects into the opposing fans.

I said similar a few pages back. A killie fan throws anything at him and the police would be involved, he needs to be treated as any supporter would that has thrown an object at a player. Footballers aren't/ shouldn't be above the law.

I think its despicable the way they are trying to use his mental health as an excuse, I along with many others in here have my own problems with mental health issues but I know right from wrong and I know if I threw something at someone in work I'd be in the brown stuff.

So its ok as long as player takes abuse is what lennon has said here. Hypocrisy to the utmost there. Sfa do your job narative has been set

shouldnt be throwing anything into the crowd regardless of what it is. the difference in coverage compared to inoffensive hand gestures is quite remarkable but not surprising

Back