Liverpool v Real Madrid - Champions League Final *MATCH THREAD*

Rubbish. Ronaldo has got his own hair and teeth.
I doubt it.
1232-cristiano-ronaldo-young-age.jpg

This is all playing into Madrid’s hands at the moment, they have started to take control since salah went off. They also have much more quality on the bench if needed

Is that offside?

I know the rule changed - there's no longer an argument for active/passive when deciding offside. Both were on side when the ball is played forward to Ronaldo. Keeper saves but the rebound falls to Benzama. When he gets the ball he's offside, but it's come off the keeper.
Only showed one replay. I didn’t think there was anything wrong.

Is that offside?

I know the rule changed - there's no longer an argument for active/passive when deciding offside. Both were on side when the ball is played forward to Ronaldo. Keeper saves but the rebound falls to Benzama. When he gets the ball he's offside, but it's come off the keeper.

Ronaldo looked offside to me.

Only one team playing to win this in normal time and it ain't Liverpool. Unless they come out with a different mindset in the 2nd half they will deserve to be well beaten.

They have stopped Liverpool scoring early like they had been doing to other teams, and look fairly controlled in possession apart from the final third, taking the sting out of Liverpool. Liverpool not had a clear chance other than the save which was a half chance. And Real will expect to finish the stronger. So it's going to plan for them so far IMO.

I'm not a Real fanboy by the way, don't mind if Liverpool win tonight out of respect for our new manager.

I kinda agree with you and thought it to myself but Liverpool have also hit teams hard exactly at the point the team thinks they have taken the sting out and come out a bit.

Think Liverpool's chance of winning has probably gone now as Salah has that bit of magic where he could win the game himself

Replay looked very tight.

For me if there's any overlap between attacker and defender then it shouldn't be offside. I'd rather offside was only given if there was clear daylight. Still unclear if the linesman flagged for offside at the original header or for Benzama's tap in from the rebound.

I think we need another change to the offside rule. I want to see people going for a ball and trying to take a chance. The only focus of the striker should be to go for the ball and try to bury the chance.

I'm enjoying this game as a neutral and Ramos has ruined part of that enjoyment by injuring a wonderful player on purpose. The game has now cheapened as a result.

Aye he probably has.

I personally tend not to watch games through the prism of a neutral as such

Ramos isnt playing to entertain me on my sofa...he is playing to win a game and he is a smart, crafty admirable lady's front bottom of a player.

He manages a game, a ref and other players so well..I would be lying to say it isn't admirable - a genuinley sensational "player" of the game.

Ref seems to be giving Madrid every 50/50

Are you surprised? It's happened in every Champions League game this season so far...

Re: Ronaldo, his overall play is so poor at times, struggles to make 10 yard passes. You just know if there's a cross in the box though he'll be there or thereabouts.

Maybe it's just me as well - but I would've thought that if it's just a dislocated shoulder Salah could've played on?

liverpool got a bit lucky with that offside on the goal. Both close enough to go either way.

Replay looked very tight.

For me if there's any overlap between attacker and defender then it shouldn't be offside. I'd rather offside was only given if there was clear daylight. Still unclear if the linesman flagged for offside at the original header or for Benzama's tap in from the rebound.

I think we need another change to the offside rule. I want to see people going for a ball and trying to take a chance. The only focus of the striker should be to go for the ball and try to bury the chance.

Both instances were offside

0-0 half time, ffs what a game.

Salah going off is a massive blow but get tore intae them 2nd half and nail Ramos to a goalpost and I'll be happy.

FFS, I like the Chelsea as my English team but I'm going fucking tonto watching this.

Is that offside?

Benzema was offside (well, his leg was) when Ronaldo touched the ball so I think that means he was indeed offside. May well be wrong but that's how I always thought it works.

You're all aware that it was the other arm that got injured right?

It's not like Ramos snapped it Steven Seagal style :D

Still a cu.nts trick, right enough but it achieved it's desired result, knocked the stuffing right out liverpool

Very enjoyable half, albeit a sense of inevitability has fallen over the game. Ramos showed his experience but let's hope it doesn't prove to be the defining moment.

Liverpool need to keep believing.

Ferdinand either very naive or just ignoring the obvious because of his United connections and hard-on for Ronaldo.

Anyone who’s watched Ramos over the years knows what he’s like.

I'm enjoying this game as a neutral and Ramos has ruined part of that enjoyment by injuring a wonderful player on purpose. The game has now cheapened as a result.

I'm sure he'll feel bad when he's holding the trophy after they win.

People usually cry out for our players to show a bit of fight and be a bit more cynical.

People saying Liverpool were lucky with the offside decision? Both Ronaldo and Benzema were offside so there's nothing lucky about it. Correct decision by the linesman.

That goal should have stood.Fine margins like that should go the positive way

This quite honestly makes no sense at all. You're either offside or you're not. Both were offside, Ronaldo's wasn't even close.

Reactions: Mez
YouTube stream is perfect from BT sport,I know as I'm watching it
Agreed my stream been excellent too. Certainly better than the BT website streaming usually is when I use a mate's login so they have obviously ensured they had enough bandwidth at their disposal to avoid any bad PR.

So it could be his own ISP hasn't accounted for the boost in traffic this evening. I know my ISP will have prepared for it.

Back