Livingston Manager asked about suspension of SPL

None of the clubs want this and the government are not pushing for it.

Its not going to happen.
Correct. Loss of TV revenue would tip some clubs over the edge. Powers that be don't want that. Sturgeon doesn't want that a few months before an election. Clearly the clubs don't want it. Not happening.

As above, he's got his fit and proper hearing coming up so he's not exactly going to say anything controversial.

I am kind of mixed on him being able to be a manager. You can say he's paid his debt etc but his crime probably merits not being fit and proper.

One thing for certain, he's done well with Livingston so far.

The league will not be voided!

At worst a break and we resume without a Scottish cup.
There is no chance sky and sponsor's would let the SPL off so easily this time.
If null and void or calling the league early happened, sky would be demanding money back. Sky lose money like crazy when sport is off.

Considering that clubs lost millions the last time and still haven't been paid all the TV payments, any club that calls for not playing out the season, needs shot.
Null and void/calling the season would finish a hell of a lot of clubs.
Even just the break in the lower leagues could push a lot of them to the wall.

I just think people are worried mate and nervous, so have it in the back of our minds that it could maybe happen.

They have every right to be worried. Nearly 10 years of things being run and altered to suit Celtic. I don’t think it’ll be halted but I think it’s understandable if it’s still a worry for some fans given we’ve just came off the back of a league title being awarded via poll and another treble set up 7 or so months after deciding the league had to be ended.

Maybe those who get wound up by these
threads can just not read it them? it’s not difficult.

If they stop the EPL and other leagues around Europe start worrying. Until then throw your soiled drawers into the wash, enjoy the march to 55 and the 19th Century Terrorist implosion.

And stop saying "and so it begins" :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

He is sucking SFA and SPFL boaby because he knows his shitey pitch will have more call offs in coming weeks. He is courting Doncaster &Co to earn Brownie points so that his club won’t be punished.

He’s facing the fit & proper person test. Maybe he’s trying to say what they want due to that ?

Scottish football would never financially survive another shutdown till August so it probably would only happen in the worst case scenario.

Club's are barely keeping heads above water right now as it is. How would they refund season tickets plus return money to sponsors and TV companies?

We can’t keep stopping sports, we just need to ride the storm and continue. Most clubs are doing their best and abiding by all rules.

So far on this thread I've read that Martindale is a bheast , a bluenose, a Jambo. I'd just like to add that all of the above is pish. I have a pal that decorated his living room , and he can confirm that he is indeed a spoon burner. He's a framed picture of Frank sauze above his fireplace and a mixu paatelainen shower curtain in the bog

Given that there's an end in sight to this pandemic with the vaccine, it would make absolutely no sense to end the season now.

Every day there are fewer and fewer people out there capable of getting/spreading Covid, and once the older generation have all had their jabs the death rate from the virus will plummet.

We're getting out of this. Football must carry on.

Surely with 3 vaccines now available, football clubs can buy these privately and put an end to this whole desperate agenda.

David Martindales schedule tomorrow
9am-11am teaching the guys how to kick a ball about ( to a certain extent)
11am-1pm - trying to get a skelf out of my arse.

We should throw our next two games.

The league will continue in that case. The narrative being built by the paid-for-media will cease immediately.

I’m joking of course however it’s sadly true.

Surely with 3 vaccines now available, football clubs can buy these privately and put an end to this whole desperate agenda.
Vaccines only available through the NHS at present. But more of the public getting vaccinated makes it much safer for elite sports to continue.

So far on this thread I've read that Martindale is a bheast , a bluenose, a Jambo. I'd just like to add that all of the above is pish. I have a pal that decorated his living room , and he can confirm that he is indeed a spoon burner. He's a framed picture of Frank sauze above his fireplace and a mixu paatelainen shower curtain in the bog
The truth of it is - he probably doesn’t give 2 f***s about us or them

We're almost 1 year into this pandemic and at this stage last year there was no vaccine and no proper testing available.

We now have (at least) 3 approved vaccinations being rolled out, and a test, track and protect system in place. To me this 'sabre rattling' is for the benefit of one club....and it doesn't take a brain surgeon to guess which one.

Sturgeon doesnt want to end it, she knows it keeps people a bit saner. It will only stop if it starts impacting on the NHS or the public.

This would have been the week they done it after Celtc debacle, would have been a great excuse.
It's having the opposite effect on the great unwashed, which is nice. B-)

Back