Livingston Manager asked about suspension of SPL

I think some people are offended by Martindale's colloquial accent.

Sorry we all can't talk with plums in our mouth.

That so it begins patter is tired oot.

Apart from them, in whose interest is it stop the Premier League? The clubs would lose advertising and TV revenue, players values would fall, football may not recover and it would have a detrimental affect the quality of people’s lives. I’ve just looked at my calendar from January to March and it only has our games. :oops:

We know based on last year if the league is suspended they cannot make it null and void as they cannot afford to. It would send clubs to the wall. Tbh I thought it was bull last year but that’s the party line they went with and I still think it’s bull. There’s zero in the rule book about 75% of games played either. The precedent has been set as they backed themselves so heavily into a corner previously.

I want to win the league on the pitch, not in the boardroom. The team, management, board and fans deserve it after all we have went through.

I’m not concerned about not getting the title through a suspension lm more concerned about how we get the title. We should win it on merit.

Martindale is as thick as pig-shit in the neck of a bottle, another ned in a trackie.

Not the finest example to use, reasonable thinking individuals will look for the season to continue and highlight the mechanisms already in place for elite sports.

We don't need or want it handed to us. We'll get 55 the proper way: on the park.
We are not classless tramps like another club I could mention.
I agree. But what if they stopped the league like last season? The precedent was set. It blows my mind that they are trying to argue for a null and void.

The first of many such questions that will absolutely ramp up over the coming weeks.

The scene will be set up to repeat the suggestion often enough until it becomes common place and an acceptable course of action.
That response could have been written by Liewell. Perhaps it has something to do with Martindale appearing before the SPFL Board this week seeking ‘fit and proper’ person status. Liewell is on the board. Just a thought.

Remember when Morelos got suspended then never played again?

I think you need to learn the difference between suspension and null and void.

A short term suspension isn't the end of the world/league.

With the majority of income coming from the tv sponsorship it is unlikely this has even been considered.

Yeh yeh but its gonna be cancelled because journos keep asking the question on behalf of lawwell
I don’t think that is the case tbh.

No one is impressed with the way the Rhabids have behaved this past couple of months.
I think there are cracks appearing in their armour, and I think Japanese eyes is losing his fear factor as Tyrant of Scottish football.

I don’t think that is the case tbh.

No one is impressed with the way the Rhabids have behaved this past couple of months.
I think there are cracks appearing in their armour, and I think Japanese eyes is losing his fear factor as Tyrant of Scottish football.
Btw I was being sarcastic. The amount of journos now calling them "arrogant" suggests he is losing his grip. Like all walks of life, companies/journalists know when the tide is turning and when to jump ship.

Btw I was being sarcastic. The amount of journos now calling them "arrogant" suggests he is losing his grip. Like all walks of life, companies/journalists know when the tide is turning and when to jump ship.
FFS lol, It was blatantly obvious you were.

Apologies mate, it flew past me in the moment - hahahah.

Back