Match Thread Livingston v Rangers - 12:00 Sunday - Sky Sports

Interesting team, actually happy he’s changed it up a bit and invoking a bit of rotation. Not the team I’d have picked from the off, good to see McCausland get a start.

Jack playing three in a row is interesting.

3-0 - McCausland, Dessers and Sima.

Good to see Lawrence back in the starting 11, Dessers though, deary me, done nothing to justify a start.

Wouldn’t have benched Danilo given that we don’t have a game for two weeks.

Hopefully that doesn’t backfire, Dessers is a huge drop off in virtually every aspect.

Christ, few surprises in that team.. we will struggle to score !
I don’t think there any many surprises in that. Our forward players in particular were out on our feet the whole second half on Thursday due to the high consistent pressing first half. We needed significant changes today to give us legs.

Lawrence, McCausland and Dessers gives us a bit of freshness in the midfield and forward area while Balogun provides that in defence.

Let’s hope dessers finds his shooting boots, good to see McCausland in from the start, hope he impresses. Surprised to see Jack in for the 3rd game in a row, thought Cifuentes would be playing instead of him.

F-ulCOzXsAAnvV6
Dessers the only negative there for me. Strong bench. 0-5.

Wouldn’t have benched Danilo given that we don’t have a game for two weeks.

Hopefully that doesn’t backfire, Dessers is a huge drop off in virtually every aspect.

We are a completely different team with Danilo up front instead of Dessers.

That said it’s a great chance for Dessers to get properly up and running

If anyone saw someone doing laps of the stadium while out for a run in the freezing cold this morning, that idiot was me

I did get to see the squad getting off the bus, Danilo is loving his time at Rangers :D

Interesting team, actually happy he’s changed it up a bit and invoking a bit of rotation. Not the team I’d have picked from the off, good to see McCausland get a start.

Jack playing three in a row is interesting.

3-0 - McCausland, Dessers and Sima.
4 in a row for Jack I think. Dundee, Hearts, Sparta, and now today. Very surprised, given the other rotations.

Considering it’s international week, why not just start Danilo? Start your best team and rest them if/when you’re winning.

Dessers has done absolutely nothing to warrant even being in the squad and yet he starts again.

Good to see McCausland get a start but, unless they're managing Danilo's game time, Dessers is a strange choice. He really needs to start scoring some goals.

Looks like we may go direct to Dessers and take the pitch out of the equation.

If so , we need bodies in, around and beyond him.

Good to see McCausland starting.

He hasn't but Danilo must be in the red zone in terms of injury risk.
On Thursday night he took a belt right on the cheek he fractured. Be a physical game today so maybe just protecting him?

Lawrence to fill the Lammers role is a good switch, McCausland to play on the right instead of Cantwell will be a hard shift for him. Dessers an obvious downgrade on Danilo but it might just be a game that suits him.

Last edited:
I think it's more the case that Clement has said that Cantwell and Danilo are still building physical fitness and he doesn't want to risk a muscular strain, by pushing fatigued muscles too hard.

Which then means he can't do any tactical work over the break that involves them.

Nevermind reason or logic though mate.

I like the look of that team and after Thursday's excursions it was obvious our forward players needed some kind of rest. I do expect a few of them to come on in the 2nd half and terrorise Livi though.

Rangers comfortably, McCausland MotM.

Good to see McAusland starting.
Madness if that's the game plan tbh, Dessers has not showed 1 attribute of being able to hold the ball up

Good to see McAusland starting.
Go direct to a guy who hasn’t won an aerial challenge all season ? Hopefully not

Back