Lundstram contract situation.

Goldson hasn't the energy for a 'rugby' tackle, his energies go into waving his arms about after he is responsible for making another mistake,

reliably against Benfica,

he should be managing the defence after all the years he has been here, forget about blaming anyone else, where was he when they hit on the break,
not ONE fuckin defender was anywhere near getting back to cover,
Diomande was the closest to their breakout,

our defence is a joke,
apart from Yilmaz, they are all deadwood to go, and from what he has brought in, I have confidence PC can identify and bring in a quality above what we have, it's what we need and deserve as a club of our standing in world football

whoever gave him a new contract needs the sack
Who's this thread supposed to be about?

Folk have heard Clement say about the club losing so many players this summer and assumed everyone bar the injury prone players will be renewed for continuity.
We certainly can't get rid of the entire squad, nor would we want to, but I won't be surprised if some of the 'fixtures' move on.

I'm not to bothered. His third attempt to win the league, if he can't do it, we really need to aim for better.

Diomonde/ Sterling gives me no fear
This.

If we win the league then maybe there is a bit of justification in keeping him. Just maybe.

But if we don't win the league then that really should be the end of any contract discussions and we wave goodbye.

I'm not to bothered. His third attempt to win the league, if he can't do it, we really need to aim for better.

Diomonde/ Sterling gives me no fear
Not winning the league is not down to him as an individual. His form helped us get to a European final and it’s been crucial in us currently sitting top of the league.

Winning the league or not should not be the criteria for offering him a new deal. He’s arguably been our best outfield player this season, only Tav could make a claim otherwise.

If he decides to stay, it seems it will only be because no clubs in England actually want him based on the brain dead criteria some on here apply to Goldson.

I would expect it is more likely he takes his time and weighs up the decision given it's likely the last truly defining contract of his career.
That absolutely happened with Goldson. And he stayed much to our continued detriment.

That absolutely happened with Goldson. And he stayed much to our continued detriment.
Having the best defensive record in the spl and our Europa league group ? Hardly been a disaster defensively this season, our issues are in the final third.

Goldson hasn’t been at his best this season but he’s still the best centre back in the spl (given carter vickers can’t stay fit) and giving him a new deal was absolutely the correct decision.

Goldson hasn't the energy for a 'rugby' tackle, his energies go into waving his arms about after he is responsible for making another mistake,

he should be managing the defence after all the years he has been here, forget about blaming anyone else, where was he when they hit on the break,

our defence is a joke,
apart from Yilmaz, they are all deadwood to go, and from what he has brought in, I have confidence PC can identify and bring in a quality above what we have, it's what we need and deserve as a club of our standing in world football

whoever gave Goldson a new contract needs the sack
I thought Souttar had a great game

Having the best defensive record in the spl and our Europa league group ? Hardly been a disaster defensively this season, our issues are in the final third.

Goldson hasn’t been at his best this season but he’s still the best centre back in the spl (given carter vickers can’t stay fit) and giving him a new deal was absolutely the correct decision.
Would say Souttar is now but it is a very good partnership.

If we go on and win the league then i'd be happy to give him a new deal.

If we are runners up again i wouldn't keep him and would be scouting younger better prospect on a decent wage.

Not winning the league is not down to him as an individual. His form helped us get to a European final and it’s been crucial in us currently sitting top of the league.

Winning the league or not should not be the criteria for offering him a new deal. He’s arguably been our best outfield player this season, only Tav could make a claim otherwise.
Absolutely should be, he's euro form didn't win us the league.

He's been out performed by McGregor many times as we've been rolled over in many OF.

Agree he's been better this season, but still 2 OF defeats.

Last change saloon for him

If we go on and win the league then i'd be happy to give him a new deal.

If we are runners up again i wouldn't keep him and would be scouting younger better prospect on a decent wage.
As much as I'm ambivalent on whether Lundstram stays or goes, I do t see why the CL (or not) impacts the decision

We absolutely should get him signed on again. The manager has named him as one of his on-field lieutenants, he is one of the most reliable players we have for fitness and this season has probably only been behind Tav and Butland for POTY.

If he decides to stay, it seems it will only be because no clubs in England actually want him based on the brain dead criteria some on here apply to Goldson.

I would expect it is more likely he takes his time and weighs up the decision given it's likely the last truly defining contract of his career.
right mate you can beat it with your sensible stuff - let the OP moan that its all "up in the air"

As much as I'm ambivalent on whether Lundstram stays or goes, I do t see why the CL (or not) impacts the decision
He'll be one of the best paid at the club (i'm sure he's already on a decent wage now)

Means we could use £40k wages on say 2 players with better prospects and younger to be developed and sold on.

The outcome of the league should not be a bearing on a new deal. We could win the league this year and then not win it for the next 10.

It's simple - You either think Lunny is worth £6m over the next 4 years or you don't.

i’d like him to stay he’s got dig and when allowed to just do it his own job is effective

The Connor Barron to down south has gone quiet

just wonder if it’s been kept under wraps

not saying he’s a direct replacement

wonder what his mate on here is saying ?

Will be his last big contract so he'll be keeping his options open and pushing for the best deal he can get. Can't argue with that.

I'd like to see him stay but wouldn't be distraught if he left either.
That’s where I am with it. Make him our best offer we can and if he then decides to go then goes with our best wishes.

Time for him to move on. Has purple patches but overall it isn’t great business sense to give high wage contracts to players of his age.

I think he has done brilliantly this season but as a club we are so guilty of keeping players too long. At £35k a week or so we can get a younger player in if we scout properly

It would need to be on vastly reduced wages for me, his work rate and desire are by far an away the best in the team but his overall quality isn't there imo

Tend to agree. I think Lundstram has been in good form recently, but I don't think it would be a catastrophe if we freed up his wage and brought someone else in. An honest pro but not a game changer
Agreed. Age is catching up with John, Tav and Conor. I'd like to see a refresh this summer with a view to younger replacements.
John was fine on Thursday but tav and Conor have lost pace and it shows against better opponents.
It's just the nature of sport and we will I'm sure be looking to drive down the squads age.

our defence is a joke,

Hyperbolic pish with an agenda

People just hate Tav (& Goldson). No matter what Tav does they’ll jump on threads like this with the same tired pish they always do.

There is such an odd element to our support.

our defence is a joke,

This entire post is nonsense from start to finish but are you really saying that Tav is deadwood?

The idea that Dujon Sterling can step in and replace lundstram is laughable tbh. First of all passing wise Sterling is miles below lundstram. Unfortunately for Sterling I don’t think he’ll ever tie down a permanent position, he’ll probably be used in multiple.

Lundstram will sign an extension imo, he’s not going to get a premier league club coming for him. When you look at our midfield this season he has been the one constant for a team pushing for a treble.

It won’t be easy replacing lundstram either if we were to let him go. The other night against Benfica he was the only midfielder for us that even played average. Diomande was terrible, same with Lawrence.

I was all for giving him a contract extension but not so sure now! Looks like Jack is finished so I suppose he could be his natural replacement but rumours are we are offering Lundstram a cut in salary,which seems reasonable!

It’s hard to believe this is only his third season with us actually feels like he’s been here longer. If anything I would be thinking of nothing more than a two year extension with the same money as he has just turned 30 and reportedly on a serious wedge. If not let him go and get a good young replacement on less money if possible on a longer contract.

Not many players get a better deal at 30 than they did at 27.

I would guess similar (or less) wages and 2 years is on the table.

Hyperbolic pish with an agenda

People just hate Tav (& Goldson). No matter what Tav does they’ll jump on threads like this with the same tired pish they always do.

There is such an odd element to our support.
you are familiar with pish,
it flows in what you type,
you talk about having an agenda,
yes I do have an agenda in as much as I want what's best for the club,
I want each players performance to be 100%, as good as it can be,
better players, better results, more silverware, all for the good of the club,
and if those players are not producing that level to win games and trophies they should be moved on,
and I don't think our defence is as good as it could be,
what I find strange about people on here is the greeting faced lot that start bawling as soon as someone does not agree with you,
what you see as good enough is not what I see as good enough,
what you see when you watch a football match is obviously not what others see when they watch a game,
at the end of the day, it's all about opinion,

just stop your crying!!

Last edited:
Not many players get a better deal at 30 than they did at 27.

I would guess similar (or less) wages and 2 years is on the table.
Yeah I think we will come to a deal around those terms. I’d be more surprised if he left given he wants to stay and Clement is on record more than once say he wants to keep him.

Yeah I think we will come to a deal around those terms. I’d be more surprised if he left given he wants to stay and Clement is on record more than once say he wants to keep him.
Yup. However, I think Lundstram will be looking for a 3 year deal and we may only be offering two years. I suspect that will be the issue more than the money that's on offer if I'm honest. I don't see him taking a wage cut and I don't think we will be proposing a wage cut either.

No idea what his salary is either, seen it touted on here at £30k, £35k and even £40k LOL. I suspect it will be towards the lower of those.

Back