Lundstram

Was poor first half, too many backwards passes and nowhere near enough aggression. Came into the game more 2nd half due to the lack of pressure as we started scoring.
I need to see a great game from him before I think he will be good enough to play consistently for us. He's done nothing over and above that makes me think he's better than any other midfielder we have.

Was poor first half, too many backwards passes and nowhere near enough aggression. Came into the game more 2nd half due to the lack of pressure as we started scoring.
I need to see a great game from him before I think he will be good enough to play consistently for us. He's done nothing over and above that makes me think he's better than any other midfielder we have.
What absolute nonsense!

You are having a bloody laugh mate, seriously watch that game again and repost. It's OK to like him and support him. He now needs to maintain that level.

You're at it.

Hahaha...what absolute drivel!
I've been critical of some of his previous performances but he was my MOTM today by a country mile...easily his best performance in a Rangers jersey!

I’ve been critical of lundstrum but Jesus, this is complete nonsense

He wasn't poor FFS

We saw a proper midfield performance today and Lundstram had an excellent game. Tenacious, driving with the ball, fired up, Won his battles, retained possession and a number of lung bursting runs.

He barely lost possession and I’m not sure there was anyone else on the park that drove with the ball as much.

One goes, one sits. They both keep the ball moving. The balance in midfield and across the team was there.

Bump

maybe some can take some time to reflect on the fact that they couldn’t spot a player if they booted them in the b@ws.
He’s had a couple of good games 100% and had a good game today but still not a patch on his midfield partner.

He’s also had more bad than good.
Let’s see if he can find some consistency and stay in the team.

Wow......

Peope should - every now and then - stop over-analyzing players after a game.

IMHO, he didn`t look much different today than he has before, yet, it also hinges on the players you play with. He made some important tackles and interceptions today, wasn`t shy to go forward, essentially the English version of Jack. If you ask for a solid midfield, we sure saw one today ... and it is good that Gio had the balls to make the changes he did.

Motm for me and the biggest difference He made was his tempo and aggression with/without the ball

IMHO, he didn`t look much different today than he has before, yet, it also hinges on the players you play with. He made some important tackles and interceptions today, wasn`t shy to go forward, essentially the English version of Jack. If you ask for a solid midfield, we sure saw one today ... and it is good that Gio had the balls to make the changes he did.
I was saying this during the game, he looked decent with Jack and fair play to Gio for playing the 2 together and it working.

My MOTM for the day in order would be Morelos, Lundstram and Jack.

Not his first good performance - won a couple of MOTM performances first half of the season.

It will be hard for many who have already made their mind up on him and focus purely on his wage.

We have to reward performances like that with him keeping his spot vs Hibs. Kamara came on and done excellent - but if you bring Kamara right back in the team - what does that do for building actual competition in the squad for places?

Did you fall asleep for a spell? He had about 4 massive lunge in full on committed tackles in one sortie up the wing!

He was excellent today and I say that as someone who threw the toys out the pram when I discovered he was starting.

Thought he had a fine game today. One of strength, driving play and good tackling. We have been too nice recently and a bit of blood and thunder is something we have been missing.

Big John is never going to please everyone going by posts on here however if he puts in performances like today more often than not he will do for me!

Looked like the player we thought we were getting. Had everything today, his ball winning was immense, passing good and even dribbling. We would have some player if that was what he could produce every game.

I think we need to find our best eleven and only tweak now.

Nonsense

No he wasn’t he was excellent today - credit where it is due

Sometimes I think our fans forget the league we play in, it's not the 2 touch beach futsal division, it's the SPFL and sometimes you need to get your foot in and earn the right to play no matter how ghastly, common and working class that might seem to folk that marvel at the top 5 leagues.

Today Lundstram and Jack got stuck in, played when they could and allowed out forward players to go and flourish.

I said when the team came out they'd get control of the game for us and we'd win well, it was also an indication of the manager saying to the fans ok I see what you see after Wednesday which is always important.

We'll never lose a midfield battles with Jack and Lundstram starting.

Guess it's a game all about opinions - mine is that he needs to do more, more often. Simple.

Folk acting as if we had started him on Wednesday we would have bossed it!

His best game so far and deserves the plaudits keep doing it John and become a Rangers hero all we ask is 100% effort and do your best.

There have been games in the past where Lundstram has lost his battles or been easily knocked off the ball. Today he was solid. Every player was digging into tackles/challenges.

If we had put that controlled aggression and desire in during midweek, we wouldn’t have been battered. That’s the frustrating thing.

People around about me were moaning about a negative midfield - it’s not negative, it’s geared up to control the midfield, something we haven’t been doing. You control the midfield, you protect your back line, have an understanding and everything else clicks into place. There was no way Hearts were dominating that midfield - as a result our back 5 weren’t pinned back or hemmed in.

Two from Davis/Jack/Sands/Kamara/Lundstram is not negative or defensive. Is the sensible thing to do.

Some people just don’t like to give certain players the praise they rightfully deserve. He was excellent today and I’m not sure how you’ve managed to come up with that assessment !

You need to cut out whatever you are doing its affecting your eyesight! ;)
He had a cracking game today and has been praised on here a few times as motm!

Ian Ferguson was one of the most consistent accurate passers of a ball and he used to do lots of passes backwards, sideways and forward!

A fine performance.

If he turns in the same or similar from here on in, he’ll be a key player in this title run-in.

His physicality & tenacity added a dimension we’ve been crying out for.

Top marks from me.

It's perfect for the Scottish game where I've felt we're too soft at times.

The passage of play where he went through about 3/4 tackles was brilliant.

Kevin Thomson was spot on when he said sometimes a hard tackle can lift the crowd more than anything.

Him and Jack gave a great platform for us to attack from. They dominated the midfield. The controlled aggression to win the ball back and the drive to get forward was excellent.

If he can turn in performances like that on a regular basis I'd be delighted. Thought he showed a lot of desire and commitment.

He had a very good game today. Not in a small part because he was playing beside Ryan Jack in my opinion. They complimented each other well.

Jack has to start every league game from now on, and it won't matter who's beside him, it'll work.

He was the only player on the pitch who never once lost possession or gave the ball away. Analyse that.

Back