Lundstram

To be fair, Gerrard would have told Wilson the type of player he felt was needed and the latter’s job was then to unearth those he felt were suitable within our financial bracket.

His recent track record has been very underwhelming however.

If Sands and Diallo don’t make a fairly immediate impact, Wilson’s own ability is going to come under scrutiny more and more.
Nort sure that's the case, Lundstram in particular Gerrard pushed for even though our scouts and analysts didn't rate him and his mental attributes didn't match our requirements at all.

Last edited:
Nort sure that's the case, Lundstram in particular Gerrard pushed for even though our scouts and analysts didn't rate him.
I wasn't aware of this, if Gerrard pushed then RW would have had no choice as Gerrard's opinion would have lent a lot of weight.
Its obvious that he is not getting a game anytime soon, we need to move him along and use the money on someone that will play.

Do you really believe that?
What do you think FFS? It was a major fucuck up on the former managements behalf though. A total drain on our resources, giving a very very average player the biggest wage at the club. As well as losing in the cups and losing the champions league qualifier lundstram is part of the negative side of stevie gerrards leagacy.

What do you think FFS? It was a major fucuck up on the former managements behalf though. A total drain on our resources, giving a very very average player the biggest wage at the club. As well as losing in the cups and losing the champions league qualifier lundstram is part of the negative side of stevie gerrards leagacy.

I don’t disagree with any of that, but to expect Gerrard to personally pay Lundstram’s wages/pay off is absurd.

Has literally never happened in football before, or does it happen in any other field. You make a bad decision at work, are you working for free for the next couple of years?

I don’t disagree with any of that, but to expect Gerrard to personally pay Lundstram’s wages/pay off is absurd.

Has literally never happened in football before, or does it happen in any other field. You make a bad decision at work, are you working for free for the next couple of years?
I was joking. Sorry.

If we aren't moving on him on, end up with him on the bench and Sands playing often, feels like we are cutting our nose off to spite our face a bit IMO.

I get that Lundstram was Gerrard's player and Sands is Gio's, but right now I haven't yet seen why the new man is preferred.
Early days, obviously, but so far Sands has been pretty anonymous.

I get that Lundstram was Gerrard's player and Sands is Gio's, but right now I haven't yet seen why the new man is preferred.
Early days, obviously, but so far Sands has been pretty anonymous.
Is “pretty anonymous” worse than Lundstrams start, gifting the opposition multiple goals and being sent off nearly costing us severely in Europe?

Sands hasn’t made any monumental mistakes which is already a big improvement, he also can control a ball first time and recycle possession quickly, rather than multiple slow touches and turning back losing all momentum which is a Lundstram special.

Nort sure that's the case, Lundstram in particular Gerrard pushed for even though our scouts and analysts didn't rate him and his mental attributes didn't match our requirements at all.
lends itself to the comments on H&H a while back that Gerrard had a massive, massive amount of sway and overall influence in the decision making at the club

Is “pretty anonymous” worse than Lundstrams start, gifting the opposition multiple goals and being sent off nearly costing us severely in Europe?

Sands hasn’t made any monumental mistakes which is already a big improvement, he also can control a ball first time and recycle possession quickly, rather than multiple slow touches and turning back losing all momentum which is a Lundstram special.

OK I’ll bite, gifting the opposition multiple goals ?

go on show us them.

OK I’ll bite, gifting the opposition multiple goals ?

go on show us them.
Off the top of my head. Dundee United, loses his man, not even trying to get close to him then saunters back without a care in the world rather than busting his arse to right his wrong, as his man runs on to score. Malmö, although others share the blame for that if we’re being fair on Lundstram, Aberdeen with a shocking touch that any of our other midfielders would have dealt with, St Mirren, again pathetic touch loses the ball, and then saunters back.

The fact he doesn’t even bother his arse chasing back other than the token jog is extremely frustrating.

Sands by virtue of not costing us has been an improvement.

Last edited:
Would suggest you watch that goal back TBH
Valid, the one where it wasn’t his touch that cost us, it was him just not following his man and letting him run in free without even pretending to put effort in.

That’s what frustrates me more than anything, if you’re not good enough but you do bust your gut, that’s one thing, but not busting your gut and playing for the team and giving 100%, for a “defensive midfielder’ is something else

Valid, the one where it wasn’t his touch that cost us, it was him just not following his man and letting him run in free without even pretending to put effort in

Would also suggest watching the St Mirren goal back TBH, Davis, Tav and McLaughlin were every bit as culpable in that goal, same re Aberdeen, the pass from Goldson is f*cking daft.

Would also suggest watching the St Mirren goal back TBH, Davis, Tav and McLaughlin were every bit as culpable in that goal, same re Aberdeen, the pass from Goldson is f*cking daft.
But either of them, if the ball was played to any of our other midfielders, they’d have done better with it, or at least got rid, not just poorly control and meekly give them it without any pressure.

You’d expect our top earning midfielder to be on his toes to control a basic pass and get rid of it if necessary.

But either of them, if the ball was played to any of our other midfielders, they’d have done better with it, or at least got rid, not just poorly control and meekly give them it without any pressure

For the St Miren goal Davis had literally had a failure of control seconds before the incident which lead to Lundstram being flat footed.

I am guessing you weren't at the game when Aberdeen knocked us out in the Scottish Cup if you are implying Kamara would NEVER meekly give up a goal through the loss of easy possession TBH, or saw our win in Antwerp when Aribo nearly passed away that win, flat footed, all over the place, lost.

Last edited:
Off the top of my head. Dundee United, loses his man, not even trying to get close to him then saunters back without a care in the world rather than busting his arse to right his wrong, as his man runs on to score. Malmö, although others share the blame for that if we’re being fair on Lundstram, Aberdeen with a shocking touch that any of our other midfielders would have dealt with, St Mirren, again pathetic touch loses the ball, and then saunters back.

The fact he doesn’t even bother his arse chasing back other than the token jog is extremely frustrating.

Sands by virtue of not costing us has been an improvement.

I’d suggest you go back look at them all again, your are letting your hatred of the man distort the actual events, other than he happened to be on the pitch at the time.

Dundee Utd - Kent gives the ball away, Davis deflects it the complete opposite way straight in to the path of their left back, our right back is nowhere and centre halves sleeping.

Malmo you are clearly clutching at straws, want to blame anyone Arfield doesnt track his man, falls for the dummy and doesn’t stop a cross coming in, where was our back 4 and keeper ?

Aberdeen- a shocking pass from Goldson with Lundstram having a man on plays it the only way he can out of danger, our defence is a shambles and don’t deal with it.

St Mirren - Davis actually miscontrolled it first on the halfway line catching Lundstram on his heels, the guy has then banged it in the top corner from 30 yards.

As I said go back have a look at the goals and think to yourself maybe our defence should have been defending they goals.

I’ve been very critical of him which I feel has been deserved. The signing has not been a success.

But credit where it due, he was very good today and showed that he could yet play an important role alongside Jack in the run in. Commitment was clear and kept the ball well.

I agree totally

Aggressive at all the right times today especially second half
Great driving run unlucky not to score or at least work keeper

Grew into the game as chose a lot of easy passes first half

His aggression was needed

Well done

My MOTM after Alfredo today. Seemed to win very dual today and most importantly looked like he knew what it meant to be a rangers player today

I thought he was outstanding and set the tone early on with biting tackles and energy. Always breaking up Hearts play and driving forward when he could. He deserves a run .

a step change in the way he was throwing himself into challenges and making sure he won them. then again, looked excellent against hearts last time, then fell away. hope he keeps this kind of level up.

Played very well today, exactly the sort of performance you would expect from a high earner ex-EPL midfielder. However, when he has had good games in the past he has then went onto have a string of poor ones after it. He has to keep having games like he did today to have a future with us

I'm starting to see that there is a player that can add value to the squad after today.

I'm ready to eat humble pie if he can keep that up

Back