Lundstram

True. But if Stevie Gerrard had any decency he would stump up out his own pocket. He has left us with this lump of wood on big wages that we cant move on. We could have used that wage in dozens of better ways. So come on stevie g, show us its not all talk about loving the club, pay up. After all its his fuckk up.
Do we give Gerrard the profit on any sales we make from signings that go well? Utter madness that shout

You’d hope that a player who’s in his peak years and has just come from the premier league wouldn’t be content with seeing out a three year contract on the bench.

Which is probably the reason for his limited game time despite us being down to bare bones - to try and encourage him to move on.

I think he meant if a team just offered to take him away with no fee but cover his wages. And honestly I wouldn't complain too much if that was the outcome.
A team take him away and cover the wages is known as a “loan” in my world.
Giving him away for free on the other hand is something different and utter stupid when you can get around 5m for a player signed less than a year ago for free

Gerrard really bought some dross didn't he in Lundstram, Bacuna, Simpson & Itten!
Sorry to say that Wilson is also part responsible.
As well.

Going forward, I sincerely hope we start to step up the calibre of signings under Wilson.His batting average, so far… Has not been great!

That is why I am even a little skeptical about this latest loan.
Maybe. A Sign that others are also heading out the door?

I seem to remember when we signed Lundstram there were Sheffield United fans posting that he had one outstanding season for them.

Who is going to pay £5 million for Lundstrum ffs.
He’s been poor for us but it’s only in the summer people saying we had signed a 12m player.
He also hasn’t been given much of a chance imo. I’d rather keep him than punt him for free 100%. What would your valuation be then?

He’s been poor for us but it’s only in the summer people saying we had signed a 12m player.
He also hasn’t been given much of a chance imo. I’d rather keep him than punt him for free 100%. What would your valuation be
Honestly not sure mate, however, to get him off the wage bill and get any sort of fee would be a result.

He also hasn’t been given much of a chance imo. I’d rather keep him than punt him for free 100%. What would your valuation be then?
Who said he was a £12m player, and has their carer found them?

If Wilson managed to get us a 7 figure fee for Lundstram I would be absolutely buzzing.

Jury is really out on Wilson’s contributions in the transfer market to date and that’s probably being kind.

Pretty bad times when you have to ship two of your three summer signings out by January.

If you got back to the previous window we secured Ofoborh, Simpson and Wright.

Sakala is the only recent signing you could make a case for contributing and even he’s got a bit to go to be considered a good signing imo.

1 out of 6 is an abysmal record.

If someone comes in for him and offers to take him off the wage bill with no fee then why not
Because if his alleged wage is true then he's cost us nearly £1m since he's been here on top of whatever signing on fee he got. Clubs that can realistically afford his wage would be EPL clubs and that's not going to happen.

He's nowhere near as bad as made out to be in his time here but for that alleged wage he should be contributing more.

True. But if Stevie Gerrard had any decency he would stump up out his own pocket. He has left us with this lump of wood on big wages that we cant move on. We could have used that wage in dozens of better ways. So come on stevie g, show us its not all talk about loving the club, pay up. After all its his fuckk up.

Do you really believe that?

Jury is really out on Wilson’s contributions in the transfer market to date and that’s probably being kind.

Pretty bad times when you have to ship two of your three summer signings out by January.

If you got back to the previous window we secured Ofoborh, Simpson and Wright.

Sakala is the only recent signing you could make a case for contributing and even he’s got a bit to go to be considered a good signing imo.

1 out of 6 is an abysmal record.
I think we need to cut him a bit of slack given the budget he's working with. Over recent transfer windows, he's effectively been working with signing on fees and wages. How many of these players would he have signed if he had an actual transfer budget to work with? Then there is Gerrard's apparent reluctance to sell to generate funds, instead rewarding players with substantially increased contracts. Not the business model we were told the club would be working to. I think there are various factors to consider and much of it is out of Wilson's hands.

A team take him away and cover the wages is known as a “loan” in my world.
Giving him away for free on the other hand is something different and utter stupid when you can get around 5m for a player signed less than a year ago for free
I don’t think he is a sellable asset.
Given the teams that will be interested in him, then given his wages, he will probably move for nothing.
The next club might be prepared to take on his wage if there is no fee allowing us to call it a draw with no further financial penalty.
This would be a good result for us.

I could be wrong but I doubt it.

Players like Lundstram, Wright, Itten and players of their ilk are ALWAYS gonna be periphery players.

Every squad needs periphery players.
My concern is that our periphery players shouldn't even be on the periphery...especially if they cost a bloody fortune.

I don’t think he is a sellable asset.
Given the teams that will be interested in him, then given his wages, he will probably move for nothing.
The next club might be prepared to take on his wage if there is no fee allowing us to call it a draw with no further financial penalty.
This would be a good result for us.

I could be wrong but I doubt it.
We got him for hee haw...we will sell him for hee haw... eventually.

Definitely someone I would be looking to move on if possible. His wage could certainly be used to better effect.
Yeah, too expensive to keep as a bit part player when we’ve got Davis, Jack, Kamara & Sands who can all play a similar role.

Nowhere near as bad as he is made out on here. A good player at the wrong club and the fact that he is on big wages doesn’t help. It hasn’t worked out and hopefully a club down south will take him off our hands soon.
Agreed

Would be Wilson’s best piece of business in a while getting rid of Lundstram and freeing up his wage to go to a player who can contribute positively to the team.

Gerrard really bought some dross didn't he in Lundstram, Bacuna, Simpson & Itten!

To be fair, Gerrard would have told Wilson the type of player he felt was needed and the latter’s job was then to unearth those he felt were suitable within our financial bracket.

His recent track record has been very underwhelming however.

If Sands and Diallo don’t make a fairly immediate impact, Wilson’s own ability is going to come under scrutiny more and more.

To be fair, Gerrard would have told Wilson the type of player he felt was needed and the latter’s job was then to unearth those he felt were suitable within our financial bracket.

His recent track record has been very underwhelming however.

If Sands and Diallo don’t make a fairly immediate impact, Wilson’s own ability is going to come under scrutiny more and more.
Simpson and Lundstram were guys Gerrard pushed very hard for.

If Gerrard wasn’t there, I doubt we’d have signed either of them (definitely not Simpson anyway).

Simpson and Lundstram were guys Gerrard pushed very hard for.

If Gerrard wasn’t there, I doubt we’d have signed either of them (definitely not Simpson anyway).

I’m not trying to excuse Gerrard, the final decision would have been his, but he’s not with us anymore; Wilson is.

He / we need to get our summer recruitment more or less spot on, IMO.

We can’t afford to have £30k-£35k for one player sitting on the bench IMO.
Completely agree. Even during the EBT glory years this would have been unlikely.

Getting him off the books would be brilliant and allow us the take that 30k and split it between Aribo, Kent, Alfie and Goldson for new deal offers. Players that we will actually make money back on.

If we can get 400k for bacuna, we can get someone to take lundstrum.

If we get $ for him id be expecting in region of 2 million then i would be approaching Blackburn for Rothwell whos out of contract end of the season and get him in early .

You don't pay the whole contract up though.

When it becomes apparent the manager won't rate you/play you and there's no takers out there for him the best thing to do is come to a deal to settle up the contract and let him leave.

He's be due millions in wages for the next 3-years.

There's no specific formula but you usually settle at 50% of contract.

and he'd find another club but he'd obviously have to modify his wage demands so it's really his call if he wants to take good money upfront and go play football again or sit and be paid and waste. There's players that's done both through the years.
I genuinely expected us to offer a lump as a % to Barker by now, which could’ve worked in his favour had he been able to find himself another club. Although that’s last year of contract.

I genuinely expected us to offer a lump as a % to Barker by now, which could’ve worked in his favour had he been able to find himself another club. Although that’s last year of contract.
Surely barker cannot survive another window

Back