Lyndon Dykes

I haven't seen enough of him to make a judgement.
Being a big unit is great and can get you a game for many a team, but it isn't enough to play for Rangers.
Is he a reliable finisher under pressure, can he play football on the ground and link-up play with other good footballers whose movement needs to be countered at speed with reciprocal football intelligence?
Prso, Hateley, DJ these players could do this, can Dykes?

It's all about risk vs reward.

You'd pick him up for a couple of hundred k at most quite easily, and for sheer potential alone. That's worth a shot.

Loan him back out.

We need to get rid of this Scottish based player snob mentality.

They don't all work out, but the ones that do are worth the ones that don't, as long as we're sensible about the fees.

Their keeper is worth watching aswell.

As a poster has said previously, if he played for us there’s not a chance in hell he’d get away with half the stuff he does at the moment. He’d quickly become a liability.

If you think shelling balls up to Lyndon Dykes would suit Defoe, Arfield, Davis etc then you have clearly not been watching us recently.

Dykes has the touch of a rapist and wouldn't get near our 23 never mind out starting XI.

I haven’t seen enough of Dykes to judge him and I doubt anyone else on here has either.

But it’s pretty typical of FF snap judgment. Rangers player has one bad game- sell him. Opposition player has one good game - buy him

The media hype over this guy is ridiculous. He'll now no doubt struggle to score in the next set of games.
He suits a Livi or Aberdeen style of play but not one for us

The guy bas just terrorised their defence and ours in recent weeks,he should at the very least be monitored.He is being put in the same bracket as Shankland,that because he plays for an unfashionable club he will never be good enough for us..

yhCmpex.jpg

Me watching Dykes lob Forster...

No sure if its mentioned but I would like to see Edmundson start against Livi next month. I reckon Dykes wouldn't get a sniff against the big man

He’s a good player. People instantly writing him off as a thug with no technique have obviously not watched him.

Young, strong, pacey and good technique. More than worth keeping an eye on if he continues his current form.
Absolutely right. Most people on here see a big strong guy and just assume he must have no technique. Dykes does have good technique and he's very mobile too. In short he seems to have all the raw ingredients to become a very good forward. Good enough for us? That's for Ross Wilson to decide :cool:

He definitely is a handful to play against, proved it against us twice and caused them no end of problems yesterday, but there is no point in Rangers signing him as he would be booked/sent off constantly as he wouldn't get away with what he does if he was playing in a blue jersey

He's a bit more that that.

He'll earn more money going to England for a league 1 or championship side that we're willing to pay anyway.

He could be our next 50k purchase and we sell him for a couple of million once he's had his aussie call up (or Scotland as he also qualifies and there's a race on for it apparently...)

I don't think he's quite good enough to be our no1 striker, but he is definitely a handful and nowhere near as bad as some make him out to be. As a backup player for the squad, with low purchase/high sale values and relatively low wages, it could be a very shrewd investment.

I'm going on what I've seen against us and I reckon he could add to our squad.

He's got a decent touch, pace and a good runner.

As a third striking option and could see it work.

Big awkward lad, causes trouble in most defences, says a lot when Dobbie isn't scoring now that Dykes isn't partnering him, would be great foil for a second striker.

I’m surprised so many think he would remotely interested in being our 3rd choice striker. If he was our 3rd choice striker he wouldn’t even be making matchday squads whereas his stock is rising where is he is just now and he is being touted for international call ups.

It's all about risk vs reward.

You'd pick him up for a couple of hundred k at most quite easily, and for sheer potential alone. That's worth a shot.

Loan him back out.

We need to get rid of this Scottish based player snob mentality.

They don't all work out, but the ones that do are worth the ones that don't, as long as we're sensible about the fees.

Their keeper is worth watching aswell.

Very impressed with the keeper.

On loan i think from an epl club i think?

Back