Lyndon Dykes

He wouldn't get away with what he did last night if he was a Rangers player he should have been sent off for the tackle on Goldson yet you wouldn't know it happened since BT didnt think it was worth discussing. He should also have had a 2nd yellow for asking for Goldson to be booked again.

He's a lump who puts himself about using his physicality and thats it he is nowhere near good enough.

Never get away with what he did last night for us same goes for the player who did Aribo if that had been Morelos he'd have been sent off.
He's a workmanlike player who played off the defensive weaknesses off Goldson and Helmander.

Another McCulloch - no football.
I wouldn't class myself as Jig's biggest fan but let's not even try to put him in the same bracket as Dykes.

At the age of 24, McCulloch had over 100 appearances in the Scottish top flight and a club record transfer to Wigan.

Dykes has reached the dizzy heights of Redlands United and Surfers Paradise Apollo before QoTS and Livingston.

Last edited:
Reactions: VGM
Last year it was that big lump Ikpeazu who plays for Hearts we should have been signing

Just seems like a big physical player who knows how to put himself about, however very little sign of actual footballing quality there.
Probably made to look more effective given the state of that pitch and the limited tactics his team employed.

If rangers were looking at play 2 strikers I reckon he could be a useful addition as the target man but it's not the 80s and teams don't play that way anymore

Just seems like a big physical player who knows how to put himself about, however very little sign of actual footballing quality there.
Probably made to look more effective given the state of that pitch and the limited tactics his team employed.
i thought some of his passing and lay offs were actually pretty good?

i thought some of his passing and lay offs were actually pretty good?
I think he probably benefited from the fact that neither of our CB's were having a great night on that surface.
He was also very fortunate to escape a red card for his challenge on Goldson.

Why anyone assumes that a player of this calibre and style would be allowed to play the way he does in a Rangers shirt is beyond me. He would be crucified weekly by the refs and press - every nudge and bump never mind elbow would be considered of life threatening potential. Look at the treatment Alfredo gets for a lot less. We are held to a different standard

He’s caused us problems these last couple of games. On the other hand he was through on goal late in the game last night and had a fairly straightforward lob over McGregor to equalise - and put it over the bar. Not ‘just’ over the bar but miles over the bar.

Whenever someone has a half decent game against us someone makes a thread about signing them.

If he can play like that every game this season, maybe. He definitely won't

I think what is the real context in the debate is whether we need a powerful target man as a 3rd option to compliment Alfie and Defoe. I think yes, but not saying it has to be Dykes.

What does make me laugh is:

1. Lafferty comparison - That’s not the right comparison as he was the worst 6’5 player in the air and in intimidating defences that I’v seen!

2. The ‘look at his previous club’ nonsense - two words ‘Jamie Vardy’

3. He’ll get sent off every week patter - do you not think Gerrard and co would finesse his (or someone like him) game?

He’s caused us problems these last couple of games. On the other hand he was through on goal late in the game last night and had a fairly straightforward lob over McGregor to equalise - and put it over the bar. Not ‘just’ over the bar but miles over the bar.

Sums him up mate.

He's never good enough for us, but he's very quick, strong in the air and is a decent target man.

Both Katic and Helander have really struggled against him in our 2 games against them.

Those saying he's shite are a mile off the mark.

He'll carve out a decent career for himself.

Thought he gave our centre backs a torrid time, provided a good out ball for Livingston with his hold up play, and posed a threat in behind as well. Not a prolific scorer by any stretch of the imagination, but has bagged a few this season already, and with him being 23, he might yet improve that side of his game.

Big and powerful number 9 who I like the look of, and I wonder what peoples opinions would be on bringing him in January as a 3rd choice striker to replace Lafferty? All hypothetical of course, but I think there's a good player in there, and offers something completely different from Alfie and Defoe. Wouldn't break the bank either...
I was waiting on this post today.
I'm sure a few Bears will be eating their words. A cracking big player and one I would welcome into Ibrox

Back