Lyndon Dykes

He is not our standard ,if he had done what he did on Saturday and was wearing the Rangers strip Collum would have had him of in 20 minutes for violent play and got a 3 match ban . Stewart and Thompson would then have dissected his 20 mins and the compliance bint would have added another 5 games to the ban .

Thought he gave our centre backs a torrid time, provided a good out ball for Livingston with his hold up play, and posed a threat in behind as well. Not a prolific scorer by any stretch of the imagination, but has bagged a few this season already, and with him being 23, he might yet improve that side of his game.

Big and powerful number 9 who I like the look of, and I wonder what peoples opinions would be on bringing him in January as a 3rd choice striker to replace Lafferty? All hypothetical of course, but I think there's a good player in there, and offers something completely different from Alfie and Defoe. Wouldn't break the bank either...
He gave Katic a game but not of the quality required.

thought he did well too.hardest game our centre backs have had against one striker yet this season. he played between both of them well and did stretch them.

Would a high line not make it easy for a pacey player to run in behind this high line. To stop a pacey player you sit deep. Although it was all irrelevant as Sadiq had no concept of the idea of offside.

Aye, should have said they had to be wary about him getting in behind so defend a deeper.

Getting my high lined mixed up with my low blocks ;)

I blame admin for letting these third rate players come on here under pseudonyms to big themselves up.

I mean that must be what's happening here, right? It's the only logical explanation...

Is this a serious thread or a joke thread. Which is it ?.
It was a discussion thread about peoples opinions on bringing a young, cheap 3rd choice striker as a potential stopgap. But people now have me playing Ikpeazu, Lee Wilkie and Jonny Gray up top.

So yeah, it's now a joke.

Gerrard has said he doesn’t want a type of striker like him.

Also, can file him in the Stevie May / Ikpeazu category. A terrible footballer but a pain to play against. Would be a joke if we signed him.

You just know if Ally was still our manager he'd be sticking in a £2m bid for that big jobber up front for Livi in January.

Salivated over him all night.

A thug that only looks like a good footballer in Scotland because he gets away with his thuggery

I thought he bullied Katic at Ibrox until I saw how Goldson and Helander dealt with him tonight, have to say Katic done well by comparison.

Really tough to play against, strong in the air and also looks pacy but don't think he'd have the technical ability to play for us against teams that pack the defense. In saying that I'd take him before Lafferty and Sadiq.

He's a big carthorse. Looks good when the ref lets him do what he wants. One chance tonight and fluffed it because he doesn't possess the technical ability to weight the lob.

We as a team will simply not get away with playing a big physical centre forward the referees union would get together and make sure he never finished a game .
On the other hand a big physical centre forward against us gets away with murder .That's just the way it is up here

Too much snobbery going on,Shankland and Dykes don't play for fashionable teams so are instantly written off.Dykes has run our central defence ragged the twice he has played against us and Shankland is crap because he only scores in the championship.Either player would be worth a chance to see what they can do with us.Remember Jermaine is on loan and could be recalled and Alfie could be away when the inevitable offer comes in.

Naw! Thats a cup final for him tonight giving 200% that wouldnt be a consistent performance level

Too much snobbery going on,Shankland and Dykes don't play for fashionable teams so are instantly written off.Dykes has run our central defence ragged the twice he has played against us and Shankland is crap because he only scores in the championship.Either player would be worth a chance to see what they can do with us.Remember Jermaine is on loan and could be recalled and Alfie could be away when the inevitable offer comes in.
Wait. You're suggesting we replace Alfie and Defoe with Dykes and Shankland? Seriously, get a fucking grip of yourself.

He is just like many other players of diddy teams who come up against Rangers. They whore themself out looking for a job at Rangers.

Back