Madri makes its Debut at The Louden

I hate marketing people.
Why?

It’s never been any different. Your most popular “Spanish” lager San Miguel for example was first brewed in the Philippines . Now brewed in Northampton, England by Carlsberg.

Madri is just the latest one and to be honest it tastes good and is a decent price I got 24 cans yesterday for £27.

Can’t stand beer snobs who sneer and call others preferences such as tennents “ piss water”. Bore off. It’s up to people what they like they like.

Why?

It’s never been any different. Your most popular “Spanish” lager San Miguel for example was first brewed in the Philippines . Now brewed in Northampton, England by Carlsberg.

Madri is just the latest one and to be honest it tastes good and is a decent price I got 24 cans yesterday for £27.

Can’t stand beer snobs who sneer and call others preferences such as tennents “ piss water”. Bore off. It’s up to people what they like they like.
Who thinks it’s Spanish?

Why?

Because they're arseholes, also I like Tennents.

Why?

Keep an eye on Amazon sometimes it dips seen it at 22 quid for 24 the other week

See to be honest, I mainly drink at the golf club and the choice is tennents or minabrea. The tennents is amazing as it's constantly being poured through and kept fresh.

My pal was shocked at how good the tennents was.

Think the key is a good pub, who keep the pipes clean and the beer fresh tbh.
Tennants in the Albert bar in airdrie is good as its poured constantly.

Tennants in the Albert bar in airdrie is good as its poured constantly.
Or……it’s poured constantly because people think it’s good. This whole thread is a series of people saying this is brilliant or this is rubbish. No brewers brew bad beer, it’s personal choice just like coke v pepsi or Cadbury’s v Nestle
some seriously condescending pish on this thread as usual.

See to be honest, I mainly drink at the golf club and the choice is tennents or minabrea. The tennents is amazing as it's constantly being poured through and kept fresh.

My pal was shocked at how good the tennents was.

Think the key is a good pub, who keep the pipes clean and the beer fresh tbh.
If the pipes aren't cleaned properly, it doesn't matter how many you pour.
We clean our pipes before every single game or day before we open, and don't pull the beer through until just before we open, that way you are getting a fresh pint every time
Also need to have clean dry glasses

Was very impressed to see this on social media recently, lucky to get a diet coke in some of the other boozers nearby!
We try and get something for most folk,but can't please all of the people all of the time
Never seen a Beefeater win the Battle of the Boyne. But understandable.
We don't sell Beefeater, but a little-known fact it was KW 111 who granted permission to produce Gin in this Country

The Louden has had major refurbishments of its Servery Bars and Cellars since the World Cup break.
We have now added Madri to our list of Draught choices.
We now have 60 Fonts in both the Bar ( an extra 4 ) and 60 fonts in the Lounge
( an extra 20)
We sell Carling, Staropraman, Coors, Madri, Strongbow Dark Fruit, Strongbow Original, Guinness, and Belhaven Best.
Unfortunately because of the amount of work undertaken, it's possible that the Beer Garden will not have draught available until the Hibs game on Thursday, but you will be able to buy a pint and take it into the Beer Garden.
It's not the scenario that we wanted but we will continue to strive to upgrade The Louden as much as possible.
The Louden will be open at 11 am on Saturday with our usual conditions.
Which Louden is this mate?

I'm English and live in England but every time im up Glasgow it's the tennants for me , wish it was on draught down here , can't even get the cans in supermarkets

I'm English and live in England but every time im up Glasgow it's the tennants for me , wish it was on draught down here , can't even get the cans in supermarkets
B&M's your friend and if you can't see it on the shelf ask the staff/manager and they should be able to get it in.That's my supplier!!

Why?

Stick tenants in German beer bottle and the same snobs would be saying it’s amazing.

I'm an unrepentant beer snob. If it's a Japanese beer it better be imported from Japan, if it's a Spanish beer it better be imported from Spain and so on.

Nothing wrong with Tennents though.

I'm not one for buying a dozen cans of something though, like to keep trying new stuff.

Had a pint of it tonight with the better half on way home tonight, nice pint.
Was actually watching Borna picking up his WC medal in the Louden at the time which was nice.

Why?

100% agree with you it's totally your right to drink cheap crap beer.

Plenty a glass in the louden last week was sent back and needing a clean.

The beer was good, and never in doubt.

Plenty a glass in the louden last week was sent back and needing a clean.

The beer was good, and never in doubt.
Which bar were you served at? and who served you
Very strange as we had only received them the day before and everyone was washed, Did you get it changed?

I had a few pints of Madri on friday night in Platform 5. Very nice indeed. Up there with Heverlee which is my current favourite lager.

People can call me a beer snob all they want but I really dislike ‘cooking lagers’ such as Tennants and Carling. Vile tasteless alcoholic bubbly water imo.

I had a few pints of Madri on friday night in Platform 5. Very nice indeed. Up there with Heverlee which is my current favourite lager.

People can call me a beer snob all they want but I really dislike ‘cooking lagers’ such as Tennants and Carling. Vile tasteless alcoholic bubbly water imo.

Madri and Heverlee are cooking lagers LOL.

Tennent's is probably the best beer out of the four you mention!

Back