Majestic. New Gers song

Well done to all involved a great song with great words.It will have the stadium /pubs and clubs rocking soon enough.;) 10/10

That is fantastic. I dont think it matters if it can't translate into the stands too much, some of my favourite Rangers songs like Paisley Road West for instance will never catch on in the stands, but a cracking song about a club we all love none the less.

Last edited:
I kind of agree with you, although some songs can be adapted by changing they way the song is sung. Could it be used as a 'sing along' if played on matchday?
Raise the blue flag up high
Derry's walls is our cry
No surrender
With the badge on my breast I'll sing Simply the Best
RFC
See the name of Bill Struth on the stadium roof shining proudly
Together we stand the best in the land
Follow on
This chorus I could imagine being belted out. Always need to imagine what these songs are like with more shouty than 'singy' voices.
And I think that would work with a crowd
emphasising the end of certain lines to shout more.

Stephen played the song live for the 1st time tonight in an English Gers supporters club tonight and the response was awesome Embrace this song bears

Yes it was at the London Branch/Surrey True Blues Xmas Bash and it was excellent. Knew I’d seen that flag before :D

That is fantastic. I dont thibk it matters if it can't translate into the stands too much, some of my favourite Rangers songs like Paisley Road West for instance will never catch on in the stands, but a cracking song about a club we all love none the less.
As I said it depends on how it is sung. As you know I used No1 platoon for PRW and No1 is sung freely home and away. Hopefully Majestic can be sung, possibly only with the song played at Ibrox and in the boozers.

I thought it was as clear as day what he meant. And I happen to agree with him.
As I said when he explained. It's a screen recording of a mobile recording of s sound check. Hopefully the studio version will have better acoustics and vocals. I appreciate constructive criticism.

No screen recording. Much better sound

Brilliant. Might not translate to the stands but certainly a welcome addition for the likes of the Louden playlist. Looks like Stephen could be the man to record a few tunes. Have you asked him to do any others?

Brilliant. Might not translate to the stands but certainly a welcome addition for the likes of the Louden playlist. Looks like Stephen could be the man to record a few tunes. Have you asked him to do any others?
Yes, we have plans for more songs. I'm working on one just now for him.

Great job. Get it on iTunes and lets get it to no.1 :D
Getting songs on to iTunes is not as straightforward as you would think. Well it wasn't the last time I tried. There is a site called Bandcamp which I used during the RFF activity. They take quite a hefty fee pee download though.

Getting songs on to iTunes is not as straightforward as you would think. Well it wasn't the last time I tried. There is a site called Bandcamp which I used during the RFF activity. They take quite a hefty fee pee download though.

Set up a paypal account, send the file in MP3 once it's been paid for?

Yeah I can imagine mate. took me an age just to get a Podcast up on there lol. There are some sites such as Tunecore that can make it all painless for you for a small fee. You keep 100% of revenue.

Might not interest you, just a wee idea with thoughts of maximum exposure.

Bandcamp is a decent shout otherwise though. I know a few producers that use this rather than trying to get their music signed to a label where they'll basically earn nothing from sales.

Wherever it ends up, I'll be supporting it though. Loving it :)

Reactions: WBD
Well in the way with another song written today. Called Edmiston Drive. Stephen is hoping to get a rough recording done tonight. Have to say I love it! a tune chose by Stephen, not many will know (I didn't, but it is a really upbeat number) Hoping this the start of a great partnership and maybe (not sure if he is up for it) other 'songwriters' can make use of him. He is a great talent.

Well in the way with another song written today. Called Edmiston Drive. Stephen is hoping to get a rough recording done tonight. Have to say I love it! a tune chose by Stephen, not many will know (I didn't, but it is a really upbeat number) Hoping this the start of a great partnership and maybe (not sure if he is up for it) other 'songwriters' can make use of him. He is a great talent.

Hopefully you can get Majestic recorded as well. Saw him sing it at the bash and it's certainly a grower.

Hopefully you can get Majestic recorded as well. Saw him sing it at the bash and it's certainly a grower.
Majestic has been recorded, it's the vocals need to be added. He told me the response was excellent and very pleasing. He is without doubt the best on the loyalist circuit that I've heard.

Just short of 28,000 views of this song and the only criticism is about the acoustics overpowering the vocals. I know there will be plenty don't like it. But the majority seem to. Delighted #majestic

I own up I tried to get it going on Twitter, but I don't know how it works. All I do know is it flopped :D

To be honest first recording I watched thought it was just ok but now you can hear the vocals better its very good,definitely a song I can imagine being belted out in the rangers pubs,buses etc

To be honest first recording I watched thought it was just ok but now you can hear the vocals better its very good,definitely a song I can imagine being belted out in the rangers pubs,buses etc
That's the worry I have. Hoping I never jumped the gun with the 'screen recording' I hope it never switched people off. It's a class song which I hope people share. I must stress... This is not my song suggestion. I never wrote it, I contributed, but without the man (waste naming him he's nn longer on FF) It would not have emerged. I know who he is :)

I like the way you have followed through from the concept to actually getting the song sung. Kudos.

My daughter said she likes this and suggested another American Dad song too - I said no way to this, but after Avril's comments about 12 men I thought it would be funny (as a post only). Imagine all our players plus a referee as a total send up?

Boys 12:

I like the way you have followed through from the concept to actually getting the song sung. Kudos.

My daughter said she likes this and suggested another American Dad song too - I said no way to this, but after Avril's comments about 12 men I thought it would be funny (as a post only). Imagine all our players plus a referee as a total send up?

Boys 12:

There are some things that just cannot be done, this is one of them :p

Wee bump. " See the name of Bill Struth on the Stadium roof shining proudly." Loving this. Hope this guy considers doing a cd of old and new Rangers songs.

Wee bump. " See the name of Bill Struth on the Stadium roof shining proudly." Loving this. Hope this guy considers doing a cd of old and new Rangers songs.
We are in process of writing and recording some more new tracks. Loving this one. We have a short but rough recording of this and I have to say it's brilliant. This guy has so much to offer and I'm genuinely excited to be working with him.

Edmiston Drive

There's a place I hold so special
Since my father took my hand
And took me on a journey
That is where my dream began

In all its glory and it's splendour
It is a such a sight to see
And every time my heart grows fonder
And it keeps on calling out to me

I've been walking down Edmiston drive all my life
To the home of the greatest underneath that Govan sky
I'll keep walking down Edmiston drive all my days
To the home of my heroes and where my heart remains

When the stadium is roaring
There's a magic in the air
I'm sure there is no finer moment
When you are a Teddy bear

I've seen the days of glory
Shared the heartache and shared pain
But the magic of The Rangers
Always brings me back again

I've been walking.....

Words.....

There's a sight for sore eyes
Down Edmiston Drive
It's majestic
It must be the most beautiful thing
That I ever have seen
When the teddy bears score
And the Ibrox crowd roar
It's electric
And I don't have to tell you
The 'Gers are the world's greatest team

Raise the blue flag up high
Derry's walls is our cry
No surrender
RFC
See the name of Bill Struth on the stadium roof shining proudly
Together we stand the best in the land
Follow on

The red brick facade where dreams they are made is iconic.
Such an honour it is to climb those marble stairs
Greig, Miller, Brand, Jardine, Durrant weaved their magic
You can search the world over you'll find nothing compares.

Sorry man I appreciate the effort these guys out into this and the guy singing is very talented but I'm not into the song. It sounds typical and like every other song we sing. Nothing unique. The lyrics predictable and like a mash up of the lyrics in several of our songs.

Sorry man I appreciate the effort these guys out into this and the guy singing is very talented but I'm not into the song. It sounds typical and like every other song we sing. Nothing unique. The lyrics predictable and like a mash up of the lyrics in several of our songs.
I appreciate constructive criticism and this is constructive and I agree 100% with the predictable/mash up of previous lyrics. And just this weekend commented to Stephen the musician after writing the song above (Edmiston Drive) that I try to avoid the stereotypical phrases like... True, blue, loyal... And that in fact I'd love to write a Gers song which had none of the typical references. I have in the past been accused of using certain words that don't belong in football songs :p

A bit of a challenge, but it is a target of mine to write on that doesn't contain the usual.

Last edited:
I appreciate constructive criticism and this is constructive and I agree 100% with the predictable/mash up of previous lyrics. And just this weekend commented to Stephen the musician after writing the song above (Edmiston Drive) that I try to avoid the stereotypical phrases like... True, blue, loyal... And that in fact I'd love to write a Gers song which had none of the typical references. I have in the past been accused of using certain words that don't belong in football songs :d

A bit of a challenge, but it is a target of mine to write on that doesn't contain the usual.

Pm me mate. I'm a musician may be able to help out with some of this in some way.

I thought at this feel good moment I'd bump this thread for anyone who may have missed it.

Like the chorus part which could catch on for a quick chant at the games.
>Raise the blue flag up high
Derry's walls is our cry
No surrender
RFC<

Great lyris. Didn't like the production done on it but that's easily changed and I could easily see a crowd of bears singing part of it

Back