Manager interview

Where's that sticky about 'mindless abuse'? Because that's what has become prevalent on this forum. Doesn't matter if it is directed at the Board, the DoF, the Manager, the players or the damned Ticket Office - the place is just full of Twitter-like comments that have gone way beyond the pale in recent times.

Last edited:
Where's that sticky about 'mindless abuse'? Because that's what has become prevalent on this forum. Doesn't matter if is directed at the Board, the DoF, the Manager, the players or the damned Ticket Office - the place is just full of Twitter-like comments that have gone way beyond the pale in recent times.

100% mate. The loudmouths get free reign on here to abuse anyone and everyone at the club as much as they like.

Anyone has a go back at the clowns and its a weeks holiday.

We have made the same start as we did last year in the league and qualified for the champions league, which we were unable to do last year.

Where exactly is the regression?
In every department on the pitch. Fight, fitness, tactics, squad management all poor.

No sorry you’ve got that wrong fans dislike how our he has our team playing there is a massive difference.
Actually I think you have it wrong they don’t care how we play they just want to win .

Like almost every fan wants for there team .

The issue imo is they don’t know the game .

Id be interested in seeing the viewing figures of his interviews.

I never missed a Gerrard one. He had faults but had fire in his belly.

I never watch Gio's. Very close to no longer watching his team as I dont enjoy it at all.
You sound like a major fan mate this shocks me

It's beyond dislike. The way some of our support talk about our own, not just the manager, but players and board members, is the stuff you'd expect from that lot talking about us. Everyone is entitled to an opinion and constructive criticism should always be encouraged, but a lot of what we see is pure vitriol. Sad to see tbh.
It’s sad to say, but, in many ways, FF is becoming quite a toxic environment of late. I’m all for free speech and would never deny anyone that right. However there are far too many on here who post before engaging their brain so what you get after a defeat Is a tsunami of negativity from people who appear to be angry and disenchanted with life in general.

I’m not backing Gio here, but did you watch us under Gerrard before he left last year? He drew 3 home league games in a row, lost to Malmo and lost the first 2 EL games without a whimper. He also didn’t win a thing for 2 years and left us just before an absolute tanking against HIBS at Hampden. That was a catalyst for Celtic to push on in the league last year as well. Love Gerrard, but I wouldn’t use him as a barometer. Our fitness and tactics last year that won a trophy and got us a EL final were down to Gio. I thought he made an arse of tonight, for balance.

Fair summary BU.

He bores the tits off me. Has done since the beginning but I could care less if he produces titles. Has until the end of the season for me.

In every department on the pitch. Fight, fitness, tactics, squad management all poor.

How does that explain 'alarming' regression though as you say?

We have made a better start than last season since last years squad couldn't qualify for the UCL and our league form is the exact same.

The evidence doesn't back up your 'alarming regression' comment.

What I don’t understand with Gio, is his insistence on a cautious approach. This is a guy who played with a very good attacking team under Wenger at Arsenal, and then went on to play for Barcelona who play with an attacking philosophy.

Where's that sticky about 'mindless abuse'? Because that's what has become prevalent on this forum. Doesn't matter if it is directed at the Board, the DoF, the Manager, the players or the damned Ticket Office - the place is just full of Twitter-like comments that have gone way beyond the pale in recent times.

Spot on.

Embarrassing & depressing.

How does that explain 'alarming' regression though as you say?

We have made a better start than last season since last years squad couldn't qualify for the UCL and our league form is the exact same.

The evidence doesn't back up your 'alarming regression' comment.
Where did I post “alarming”? You have mentioned that word twice yet I never posted it.

Having watched us perform against the dross in the league shows we will drop points this season, our only hope is Celtic have a much worse season. We seen the same last season and there has been no improvement. His away record is worse than Pedros, less than a 50% win rate away from home for Rangers is piss poor.

Our only positive for weeks was a St Mirren win which says it all for me.

I’m not backing Gio here, but did you watch us under Gerrard before he left last year? He drew 3 home league games in a row, lost to Malmo and lost the first 2 EL games without a whimper. He also didn’t win a thing for 2 years and left us just before an absolute tanking against HIBS at Hampden. That was a catalyst for Celtic to push on in the league last year as well. Love Gerrard, but I wouldn’t use him as a barometer. Our fitness and tactics last year that won a trophy and got us a EL final were down to Gio. I thought he made an arse of tonight, for balance.

And yet according to @Macky we have regressed.

People don't half talk a pile of shit on here man.

There’s one thing for sure when he does leave or get sacked the board need look no further than FF for his replacement! Some fabulous managers on here who know it all. I hope they pick one of you who is not boring,doesn’t speak in riddles etc etc

The problem you have is, more than likely we will go out and beat St Mirren on Saturday by a couple of goals and paper over the cracks once again.

Our board have zero intentions of firing him but surely they can see what we all do - a boring, uninspiring manager, who plays turgid, defensive football and who is slowly but surely sucking all life out of the support and more importantly, the players.

The board will let this roll on - we will continue to go on mini runs beating the dross in the SPL and the board will avoid making a decision until end of season. he is on a 4 year deal , with 3 years left, including a big back room staff - he is going nowwhere anytime soon.

He made some perplexing team choices last night.
The alarming thing for me was even when it was abundantly clear certain individuals were really struggling he failed to change things around.
Yes it was Liverpool and yes they have an embarrassment of genuine quality throughout their squad, the step up in class is obvious at this level. However, they are also really fragile defensively at the moment and have shipped goals for fun this season yet he failed to even have a go.

We never laid a glove on them with any real conviction until the game was petering out and that's just not good enough.

And yet according to @Macky we have regressed.

People don't half talk a pile of shit on here man.
Well 2 years without defeat to Celtic until Gio came in. Now hasn’t won in 90 mins with 2 embarrassing hammerings in there.

Never lost a game by 3 goals under Gerrard yet since Gio came in it’s happened umpteen times.

What word would describe that?

Well said.

I'm sure you've noticed a few decent posters have vacated the premises recently. The place is toxic. You'd be aswell as logging into KDS for a more balanced view on our club.

I only come out of habit now.

Admin have allowed the dregs to take over the place. Their baw etc.

I didn’t wait to hear it. To be honest I don’t to, I know what he’ll say.

He’s a good man I have no doubt but he’s also a very dull, uninspiring man.
Exactly my thoughts . I don’t hear passion. I know he is a winner, but he doesn’t inspire me with any gusto.

trying to make out that we changed after the penalty, no we changed when you went to a back 4 and put Matondo and Sakala on the wings and closed the game between our midfield and attack.

It was tactically wrong to start with a 3 at the back.
Exactly, bring on your attacking options once the games gone and then say, they did alright, no shit, why didn’t you start that way then?

Every pundit in England says Liverpool are vulnerable to the ball over the top as they play a high line (I know they say more deep last night but there was still space in behind) but we still work it to wingers (who don’t have a good recent record of getting past their man) to run against top class full backs.

If we were a solid unit I could accept his approach but the fact is last night should have been 5 or 6 and but for a 5 minute spell we never threatened.

Well 2 years without defeat to Celtic until Gio came in. Now hasn’t won in 90 mins with 2 embarrassing hammerings in there.

Never lost a game by 3 goals under Gerrard yet since Gio came in it’s happened umpteen times.

What word would describe that?

That's bad performances mate.

However, as the evidence shows we have made the exact same start to the league season as we did last season - that isn't regression.

We have qualified for the Champions League, something we were unable to achieve last season. Sorry to burst your bubble here champ but that's actually progression.

It’s a matter of time.
I dont think it is, he's recently made the final of a European competition made the CL groups which was a big tick for the board and he has made us a lot of money.

He's also just 1 win from being top of the league and its pretty clear the boards thoughts and not in line with the average Rangers fan. Not saying he should remain just thinking what the board may be looking at.

Actually I think you have it wrong they don’t care how we play they just want to win .

Like almost every fan wants for there team .

The issue imo is they don’t know the game .
Really ..that’s a MASSIVE STRETCH you think you are the only person that knows about football lol

It’s sad to say, but, in many ways, FF is becoming quite a toxic environment of late. I’m all for free speech and would never deny anyone that right. However there are far too many on here who post before engaging their brain so what you get after a defeat Is a tsunami of negativity from people who appear to be angry and disenchanted with life in general.
It can’t all be unicorns and rainbows I’m afraid, I think what’s grinding folks down is what they are watching it’s an entertainment business at the end of the day and punters are not feeling it.

100% mate. The loudmouths get free reign on here to abuse anyone and everyone at the club as much as they like.

Anyone has a go back at the clowns and its a weeks holiday.

Keeps the traffic up. Even got mods starting threads intended to stoke the flames and get the abuse flying.

It can’t all be unicorns and rainbows I’m afraid, I think what’s grinding folks down is what they are watching it’s an entertainment business at the end of the day and punters are not feeling it.

Tell you what mate, why don't you take some of the abuse dished out to our manager, players and staff, stick it all in one post then direct at a FF mod or admin.

You'll get banned but aim it at the office of the manager of Rangers Football Club and it's all good.

Yes it's disappointing, yes it's not good enough but if losing a game of football means you're not Rangers class what does posting hate fuelled rants make you?

Do people still not realise interviews are nothing more than club controlled soundbites so fulfil media obligations.

You are not going to catch a manager at Rangers (or many clubs) go off script very often. When they do, you will find they already have one foot out of the door.

Tell you what mate, why don't you take some of the abuse dished out to our manager, players and staff, stick it all in one post then direct at a FF mod or admin.

You'll get banned but aim it at the office of the manager of Rangers Football Club and it's all good.

Yes it's disappointing, yes it's not good enough but if losing a game of football means you're not Rangers class what does posting hate fuelled rants make you?
Your last paragraph is nonsense I’ve not read any hate fuelled rants. This is a forum where people are discussing the team and most things rangers. People have different views it’s normal.

We’ve seen the team play some great stuff last few years, but this season has been turgid simple as that.

Your last paragraph is nonsense I’ve not read any hate fuelled rants. This is a forum where people are discussing the team and most things rangers. People have different views it’s normal.

We’ve seen the team play some great stuff last few years, but this season has been turgid simple as that.

Ah yes the old don't stiffle debate retort.

In the last 6 weeks we've had one guy write out, copy then paste an entire novel about how shite we are.

Are you suggesting that was done out of love?

In less than 12 months, a Europa League Final and Champions League qualification bringing significant and much-needed funds into the Club.

We won a domestic trophy, something his predecessor failed to do in a more favorable situation.
An EL final that we didn't win and CL funds that currently have us sitting second in a dross league, primed to face another gruelling qualifying process next year.

The domestic trophy being a sole Scottish cup after overseeing a double figure point swing in the league.

So what he's won is nothing to write home about and the funds brought in from his Euro campaigns don't seem to have improved us.

I don't watch his interviews. Watched all of Gerrards as soon as they were up. If that's how the fans feel about him imagine how the players feel. Utterly boring

Back