Manager interview

gio was getting defensive with davie edgar when asked would matonda start on the left
also when asked about tillman playing as a winger effectively and said he played against psv so he know the role,

forget about total football with the dutchman more total fraud

this guys so far out his depth get shot of him before the world cup bring in a manager thats at least gonna have a go

i dont see where we are improving like he is saying, liverpool could have scored another few

hes took us backwards from last year and our players look no ware as near fit

gio was getting defensive with davie edgar when asked would matonda start on the left
also when asked about tillman playing as a winger effectively and said he played against psv so he know the role,

forget about total football with the dutchman more total fraud

this guys so far out his depth get shot of him before the world cup bring in a manager thats at least gonna have a go

i dont see where we are improving like he is saying, liverpool could have scored another few

hes took us backwards from last year and our players look no ware as near fit

Stubborn people dont deserve to be Managers.

This I pick the team is not wanted.

You adapt and manage to your best ability and the teams.

Gio is the Ryan Kent of football managers.

Given it was backed-up a short time after with CL qualification, I'd probably give him more time than the beginning of October. That would seem reasonable.
I know we have polar opposite views on this and have butted heads before but I respect your opinion. I just have never seen it with Gio, the regressions, the swing in the league, the wildy inconsistent performances, the baffling team selections, a failure to address both the RW and CM positions (Wilson can stand up here as well).

I also find him uninspiring, I really do. I think given time this situation only gets worse. That however is solely my opinion.

Really want it to work out for Gio and so grateful for last years run to the final but he just isn’t going to be a consistently successful Rangers manager.

The style and a lot of the decisions he makes are just soul draining.

We just played champions league finalists of last years, what was their squad value v‘s us, some on here really get some level of reality
My issue isn’t with tonight. I don’t really care what happened tonight tbh, we got pumped in our first two group games so barring some sort of miracle it was a glorified friendly.

My issue is his inability to beat Celtic and his general style of play which is god awful to watch.

It’s actual breathtaking the venom directed towards him. I think the fans who didn’t want him in the first place and were forced into silence by our euro run last season are back in full force.
or possibly most players have regressed since he has came in and his backroom staff seem to be doing something wrong in training for so many injurys

thats before his dull shit football

I know we have polar opposite views on this and have butted heads before but I respect your opinion. I just have never seen it with Gio, the regressions, the swing in the league, the wildy inconsistent performances, the baffling team selections, a failure to address both the RW and CM positions (Wilson can stand up here as well).

I also find him uninspiring, I really do. I think given time this situation only gets worse. That however is solely my opinion.

Fair enough.

While there are justified concerns, I feel he deserves time. Not only is the EL & CL now to be ignored but we’re moving to a point where apparently it’s all Gerrard’s doing anyway.

And on that, parts of FF were calling for Gerrard’s dismissal in March of his debut season. That number increased 12 months later.

Maybe giving a manager the opportunity to build a team is a more productive decision than quick dismissals.

[Note: I’m not suggesting Gio is given 3 years but more than 3 months of the new season.]

I mentioned in a prior post that he’s been very unfortunate with injuries and player absences. Lawrence being just the latest.

McGregor has just saved him coming under real pressure because that shouldve been 5 or 6
What is the difference between a goalie saving it and someone missing at the other end? The answer is, there is no difference. Greegs did his bit, had it been 0-0 there would have been a group wank on here. But because of 2 set pieces it’s back to “get the sharks out”.

I really wanted Gio to succeed but let’s step back and be honest…. This ain’t going to end well.
There are clear signs already that his personality, his tactics, his boring and passive cautious football just do not suit Rangers identity.
A good, confident team full of skilful players willing to work their ass off and press teams with a collective coordinated effort has disappeared.
Now we are awful to watch.
Embarrassing tonight actually.
He has publicly stated that he will not change.
The players clearly dont like it.
There is, sadly, only one outcome. It’s only a question of when. Anyone who disagrees… well, you are welcome to but just think about it again…

He comes across as a complete morale vacuum. Too soft for a start and completely unable.to change a game which is where managers earn their corn.

I was all for him in the beginning, but he's not the man for the job. Completely out of his depth. He would be as well turning up to these interviews in a clown's costume.

I’ve followed rangers all my life and I can honestly say that performance last nigh was the most pathetic disjointed display I’ve seen in over 50 yrs,what on earth is going at Ibrox,that was the biggest stage in world football and we were made a laughing stock,how can a team that we’re so dynamic in a press hunting teams down super fast on the break turn into this an unfit slow no heart it’s actually sad,I know fans have different opinions but cmon this is nothing short of disgusting what’s happening,I would love to ask the manager what on earth is going on as no one else seems to have the balls to say it but I will and simple…GIO YOUR SERVICES ARE NO LONGER REQUIRED PLEASE GO AND THANKYOU.

How can you get motivated as a player when even if the truth your manager consistantly comes out telling the worlds press your 2nd rate.Telling the world you shouldnt really be in this competition because you and the rest of the team are not good enough to be in this competition ,how would you feel doing your job your boss has zero confidence in you and looks fed up with you and your work mates.It would put me in a downer and think bollocks to you mate hes sucking the life out the team.Even if he thinks it he constantly shouldnt be saying depressing stuff keep it to himself i cant wait till he goes tbh

Maybe if it is the end of the managers soon, then the fans will let the board do its process to appoint the next best manager rather than basically tell them who the fans want only for the reason he used to play for us. I feel they were railroaded into Gio

I’m not backing Gio here, but did you watch us under Gerrard before he left last year? He drew 3 home league games in a row, lost to Malmo and lost the first 2 EL games without a whimper. He also didn’t win a thing for 2 years and left us just before an absolute tanking against HIBS at Hampden. That was a catalyst for Celtic to push on in the league last year as well. Love Gerrard, but I wouldn’t use him as a barometer. Our fitness and tactics last year that won a trophy and got us a EL final were down to Gio. I thought he made an arse of tonight, for balance.
Fitness levels off last season would have been down to the work of Gerrards back room staff.

You would expect with a Dutch manager the 1 thing we would be was to be decent when in possession of the football. I didn't expect us to get markedly worse at that.

He knows he's beat, the players don't play for him, because they don't like the set up and yet he's so arrogant he refuses to change.

That’s the way I see it

Their whole body language and intent levels are pathetic

It only ends one way problem is our league is that crap our season will be over by the time he leaves.

I really wish he would walk away would be the stuff dreams are made off

Maybe if it is the end of the managers soon, then the fans will let the board do its process to appoint the next best manager rather than basically tell them who the fans want only for the reason he used to play for us. I feel they were railroaded into Gio
An easy convenient appointment for the board, His link as an ex player with us was everything,

Yes ehhhh we have to take a ehhhh look at ourselves ehhhhh and dust ourselves off and ehhhhhh look towards the weekend.

Broken record at this point.

Too respectful, out his depth, refusal to admit mistakes, talking in riddles, talking about the league?? Gone as far as I’m concerned.

Ever since his absolutely scandalous comments saying that we couldn't challenge at this level, Mr V Bronckhorst is nothing but a caretaker manager for me. I don't look upon him as me or my teams manager. I don't respect him. I'll never gain any degree of respect for him unless he came out and directly apologises for saying and sending such a horrific message.

I want him out the club ASAP but understand that this is unlikely to happen any time soon until it's clear he won't win us the league.

Last edited:
Honest question. Under Gio do you think we have improved as a team?

All I see is regression in every department. We don’t even look fit anymore while previously we were being accused of doping!
We've regressed at an alarming rate. For me the only thing keeping him in a job is last year's euro run. Personally he needs gone as soon as possible before things get even worse.

I didn’t want Gio in the first place and I think he is under pressure however, the gutter level of some of the comments directed at our manager is shocking in this thread.

Yes, our performances have been patchy this season and terrible at the piggery however, if he puts a run together up to the world cup then he will be staying put.

Had to double check to see if I was on the right forum. Some disgraceful comments towards our manager from so called supporters.

And admin just allow the constant abuse. Say something to a poster they consider abuse and it's a weeks holiday.

There's a reason so many of the decent guys that used to post on FF don't come near the place anymore.

Honest question. Under Gio do you think we have improved as a team?

All I see is regression in every department. We don’t even look fit anymore while previously we were being accused of doping!

We have made the same start as we did last year in the league and qualified for the champions league, which we were unable to do last year.

Where exactly is the regression?

That's the point though. It's not just a one off, two nil defeat. Had we been performing at a good level other than this, fans would be annoyed but could accept it. It's the entire lack of positive play that I dislike. Keep the zero etc. How about at least trying to score ourselves? Plenty could see the writing on the wall before tonight. We play negative defensive football yet can't keep teams out.
That’s it exactly - if we played defensively & kept a team like Liverpool out i’d be alright with that but we got overrun and McGregor kept it respectable.
Midfield was off it and Kent & Tillman either need dropped in the case of Kent or played in the correct position ie Tillman.

After a defeat this forum is awash with grown men trying to out do each other in who can be the most pathetic man child.

Absolute clowns the lot of them.
What are we supposed to do? praise him for doing a shit job? Praise him for turning the team Gerrard had into a shadow of it's self. Praise him for 3-0, and 4-0 defeats, praise him for not recruiting better in the summer, for not demanding better quality players in the door. Or praise him for publicly saying we can't compete in the champions League.

You might be happy with below mediocrity but I'm not and neither are a lot of fans.

Back