Managers hesitation at using substitutions

Yes, and opportunities were created. Alfie should have scored.
Maybe a fresh pair of legs could havegiven us something extra. It doesn't make you unstaunch or anything to suggest that. It's hardly a rare opinion in football.

In Stevie G we trust. 0-0 away from home in the non biased media and commentators will be seen as a great result.

I can’t stand this nonsense that you see on here that people can’t ever question anything Gerrard does basically because Gerrard.

Take a step back...........re-read all your own posts on this thread.

See what I'm getting at?

Like me, you have an internet connection.

Our gaffer has some of the best advisors in the game in his staff.
It is clear he was happy keeping a clean sheet but would have liked to nick a goal.
If we had to chase the game It would have been different.
Spot on decision as the result proves.
All to play for at our beloved Ibrox.

The players done well that were on the park why change things?
Rangers players are super fit I didn't notice tiredness at all and neither did SG.
The substitutions were only made to run down the clock imo.
Crazy to think our players were tired, they strolled it from what I was watching. All about opinions of course.

Thank %^*& Stevie Gerrard is our Manager and no some guy with a keyboard and a Jack Nicholson Avi.
I'd tend to agree. Knew would get generic replies like this though I'm sticking to my observation. It turned out ok yeah but I'd bet my life not everyone who has replied with a post like yours thought the same in 70 odd minutes.

Maybe a fresh pair of legs could havegiven us something extra. It doesn't make you unstaunch or anything to suggest that. It's hardly a rare opinion in football.

No one's saying it makes you "unstaunch". People are just disagreeing. Substitutes don't always change games in a positive manner.

As you say "maybe". There's no guarantee.

What actually did happen is that the lack of a sub did not result in a defeat. And we saw yet another mature European performance from a new team in a difficult venue.

Its pretty obvious why he doesn't do it, even if it is frustrating.

Its obviously something he experienced as a player that he didn't like upsetting the rhythm in tight games, especially those we don't 'have' to win.

He definitely has more European experience than most of the posters on here I think.

Managing the game or not. If these cnts score at Ibriyuts going to cause problems. Defoe should have been on earlier.

I'd tend to agree. Knew would get generic replies like this though I'm sticking to my observation. It turned out ok yeah but I'd bet my life not everyone who has replied with a post like yours thought the same in 70 odd minutes.

In the name of the wee fuckin man.

Its obviously something he experienced as a player that he didn't like upsetting the rhythm in tight games, especially those we don't 'have' to win.

He definitely has more European experience than most of the posters on here I think.
It’s the same in the league as well though.

im sure its been mentioned but not gonna scroll through 4 pages to check, but it was a pretty frantic game. make a change and it takes a bit of time for subs to get into the rhythm of the game. i was calling for defoe and jones at the 60 minute mark though to be fair... there were a few occasions i thought jones would have tortured them

Frightening.

What is it going to take to change it against a woeful defence at 0-0? Terrifying that we never even tried to score against players the same level of martin canning.

Can't disagree with that lol.

Knew would be silly replies like we must have got beat and that but that's FF for you.

Can't disagree with that lol.

Knew would be silly replies like we must have got beat and that but that's FF for you.

I'm the same as you I spent the last half an hour shouting for Jones to come on for Ojo, however I know why he doesn't make changes in tight games. Had we been winning 1-0 or losing 1-0 he'd have did it, but we weren't chasing it, or needing to so he plays it safe.

Its a bit agitating but I think between Gerrard, McAllister and Beale they have good reason for it.

I did find it strange but I'm willing to give the manager the benefit of the doubt.

If we beat St Boo, beat Legia and beat Shame FC then we should really be discussing a knighthood.

Arfield and Ojo were the two I would have subbed.

Ojo especially, was leggy, lost possession and just couldn't get back and their right back was on a booking.

That wasn’t a game for making changes
Why did he make two subs then? Ojo was clearly needing a rest and he kept him on. At one point he ran the ball straight out of play and the next attack he ran straight onto the defender purely down to fatigue. Jones should have been used and could have made a difference in my opinion

I thought around 60 mins that jones for Ojo would gave been ideal. But it was 0-0 and the game fairly even. Sometimes its upsets the balance more than anything. Its easy for us to say and judge, but ultimately it's not our job and we have taken a hard draw back to our stadium. Positives.

Just listening to heart and hand post match reaction I take it posters will also think David Edgar and guests are muppets for having the temerity to suggest making subs was a talking point!

They were a well drilled physical outfit, we just went away from home and played for the jerseys, let’s not forget a few years ago in Luxembourg and not be too hasty in giving our manager a hard time

I think it was a sign we were happy with nil nil, had he wanted to push it I think Jones would have been perfect to come on. Given his international experience you could trust him to come on in that situation I reckon

Jones on for Ojo was the obvious one. Ojo seemed too tired to track his man properly anyway so I don’t see how that would have disrupted our defensive shape.

Ojo ineffective from 55mins imo
Can’t believe jones wasn’t brought on to stretch them.
Was baffling

Ojo lazy tracking back nearly cost us a goal

Just listening to heart and hand post match reaction I take it posters will also think David Edgar and guests are muppets for having the temerity to suggest making subs was a talking point!

You do realise David & guests are only offering opinion?
For fans by fans??

With the greatest respect, I'll take SG's decisions based on playing experience and managerial experience in euro football having taken us to the group stages last year, never mind his own playing experience in such competitions...........

For the record, I subscribe to H&H, couldn't image a weekday without the daily update :).

Kills the forum.

Yes ,there are zoomers on here , in both camps but any healthy discussion is shut down these days.

It is simply not true that "healthy discussion" is shut down "these days".

There are plenty of lengthy threads in both forums. This thread is fourth pages FFS. With plenty of people discussing the substantive point.

People post. Others say that's keech. That's FF, that's the internet, that's the pub and supporters buses after the game.

You do realise David & guests are only offering opinion?
For fans by fans??

With the greatest respect, I'll take SG's decisions based on playing experience and managerial experience in euro football having taken us to the group stages last year, never mind his own playing experience in such competitions...........

For the record, I subscribe to H&H, couldn't image a weekday without the daily update :).
That's kind of similar to what I done yeah :D:p

Doesn't mean I think I know better or any other nonsense folk replied with. It's a fans opinion on a fans message board.

Too easy to jump in with argumentative replies on the Internet especially after a match. Saying that cos I know I've done it myself too :D

That's kind of similar to what I done yeah :D:p

Doesn't mean I think I know better or any other nonsense folk replied with. It's a fans opinion on a fans message board.

Too easy to jump in with argumentative replies on the Internet especially after a match. Saying that cos I know I've done it myself too :D

When you have a thread ready to criticise almost immediately after the final whistle is blown, that's not a natural fan reaction.

That's looking for a reaction.

It's today's society, carry on.

Some weird replies on here.

There's not unsettling the balance of the team and then there's what we saw tonight: keeping on the park clearly knackered players. It nearly cost us aganist Killie and it did at several points last year. It's a valid concern.

When you have a thread ready to criticise almost immediately after the final whistle is blown, that's not a natural fan reaction.

That's looking for a reaction.

It's today's society, carry on.
Fűck sake a few smiley faces back and forth and there's me thinking that's the arguing by with. Now apparently though I was looking for a reaction and the timing of my post wad not a natural fan reaction. How the fűck do you work that out and by what fűcking process? Give yourself a rest eh!

Back