Manchester United versus Liverpool today.

Regardless of possibly making the correct call if the game's rewound for 30 seconds or whatever, VAR is ripping the soul out of football.
It's already got to stage that whenever a team scores a goal it's being reviewed, taking all the spontaneity and joy out of scoring a goal.
I hate it!

Arch bottlers? When did Liverpool bottle the league?

5 point lead last year, blown. There was also a season where they were in the driving seat and a certain player slipped, they then went on to bottle it completely letting a 3 goal lead slip at Crystal Palace.

Get VAR to %^*&.

How can the Origi foul be ignored? Neither goal should stand, this picking and choosing when VAR is applied is absolute bullshit. Every single week it creates more problems than it solves.

Both goals should have been chopped off. Until the referees decide to go and watch the incidents on the monitor then the PL's implementation of it will rightly be ridiculed.

The ref has got to be calling all the big decisions except for offsides and the ball over the line.

5 point lead last year, blown. There was also a season where they were in the driving seat and a certain player slipped, they then went on to bottle it completely letting a 3 goal lead slip at Crystal Palace.
Bottled it against probably the best team ever to grace the premiership?

You really mean the slip against Chelsea but you don't want to say that, do you?

Regardless of possibly making the correct call if the game's rewound for 30 seconds or whatever, VAR is ripping the soul out of football.
It's already got to stage that whenever a team scores a goal it's being reviewed, taking all the spontaneity and joy out of scoring a goal.
I hate it!

The United fans seemed to be enjoying themselves when the goal went in.

Bottled it against probably the best team ever to grace the premiership?

You really mean the slip against Chelsea but you don't want to say that, do you?

I literally just mentioned the slip against Chelsea?

They had a nice cushion that they blew, the quality of the other side is an irrelevance. But if you want, ignore that season, and you’ve still got the season of Gerrard’s slip.

That doesn’t make sense.
Obviously that was their last title.

Since then they have tended to bottle it by Christmas but notable exceptions where they have had a longer interest in the title would be when Rafa had his meltdown at Fergie and the two occasions in recent years where City have taken advantage

I hate it!

I disagree. The ridiculous over analysis and scrutiny at every single decision and the money involved, made this step inevitable. It's definitely a good step for offsides and I think over the course of a season itll prove to get the vast majority right. Due to the nature of the game there will always be instances where decisions can go either way, despite being reviewed. The Origi dive in this game is proof of that I think.

In the Gaffer's book he mentions a ref that was always sure to book him. Was that Atkinson?

None of them!

Out of the top 4, I think Arsenal are the most likeable. But generally I don’t have much of a preference.

I don’t have a big liking for any of them but I dislike Chelsea and Man City, I especially don’t like Man City. My kids annoy me by saying I look like a Scottish Pep:)

I have always liked Sir Alex so I am a rare Rangers fan who likes Man U.

I however want City to lose the title and it would keep SG happy if Liverpool won it.

Fucking hell Jordan Henderson playing right wing. This is why you buy proper depth when you're a club like Liverpool

I don’t have a big liking for any of them but I dislike Chelsea and Man City, I especially don’t like Man City. My kids annoy me by saying I look like a Scottish Pep:)

I have always liked Sir Alex so I am a rare Rangers fan who likes Man U.

I however want City to lose the title and it would keep SG happy if Liverpool won it.

I can’t stand United, Liverpool, Spurs or Chelsea. I get a good laugh when City slip up but have to admit to enjoying their football. But then I enjoy a lot of Liverpool’s football these days and I still can’t stand them.

Being a Scottish Pep can’t be bad though, ya baldy bastard!

Since then they have tended to bottle it by Christmas but notable exceptions where they have had a longer interest in the title would be when Rafa had his meltdown at Fergie and the two occasions in recent years where City have taken advantage

Did West Ham bottle the league last season?

Liverpool beat all the top teams that season and showed fantastic consistency bar that one period after Rafa had that mad rant.

Meanwhile United most to Liverpool and Chelsea a few times but won the league by being consistent against the rest of the league.

Ref seems to be letting United fly into everything. Very similar to our game earlier. Liverpool need to up the tempo and get running direct at United.

Did West Ham bottle the league last season?

Or are you a bit unsure of what bottling it means?
West Ham don’t expect to win titles, either at boardroom level or their fans.

Liverpool - by product of their history as the now 2nd most successful club in English football - do. Every season their fans expect success and the barren spell since 1990 is one big bottling project in terms of the league title as far as their concerned.

Not quite sure what you’re angling at here, unless you’re suggesting Liverpool fans don’t mind losing and being also fans from time to time

Liverpool really need to up their game here. So far showing very little. I thought they'd be right up for this game.

I disagree. The ridiculous over analysis and scrutiny at every single decision and the money involved, made this step inevitable. It's definitely a good step for offsides and I think over the course of a season itll prove to get the vast majority right. Due to the nature of the game there will always be instances where decisions can go either way, despite being reviewed. The Origi dive in this game is proof of that I think.
That is exactly why I hate it!
Even with VAR decisions like the Origi foul, it still divides opinion.
If it were up to me I'd let the referee (with the help of assistants) referee the game and leave it at goal line technology only.

Back