Marseille on RTV?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was going to try and watch some of this whilst travelling tomorrow but they can shove £12 up their arse. The Ufa second leg last season was only £7.50.

£12 is ridiculous.

Seems an insane decision as people will just go and find streams, so surely you’re better with more people watching it at £5?

If you click on Buy Now for the monthly package the price that comes up is £17.25 in sterling. Forget the dollars price unless you are paying from an overseas account.

Yore not committing by clicking on Buy Now it simply asks you to login or create an account.
Have never clicked on the Buy Now button. Everything is clear now. Thanks.

Any idea as to why when you click to pay for it, it says the match is only available to customers outwith the UK and Ireland?

What I get is the following:

Full live coverage for supporters across the world. *not available in France

Please note any Unlimited subscribers in FRANCE. You are screwed.

Last edited:
£12 is ridiculous.

Seems an insane decision as people will just go and find streams, so surely you’re better with more people watching it at £5?

Last time I tried an illegal stream was a couple of years ago. After spending 10 minutes jumping through pop-up/advertising Hell and another 30 minutes cleaning my computer of junk afterwards I subscribed to the RangersTV Unlimited package.

Just noticed that.

What an odd way to go. We all know they turn a blind eye to folk using a VPN but here we have them clearly stating the game is available in UK and Ireland - but only to RangersTV Unlimited subscribers. That’s a package for overseas Bears. They will get away with it for this game but not once the competitive actupion starts - they can’t be seen to be encouraging using a VPN I’d suggest.
They will obviosuly never admit it but Rangers won't care about people using a VPN. It's not affecting tickets sales for domestic games, every one is a sell out anyway. The more people paying 200 quid a year for the unlimited the better for Rangers.

It would be Sky and BT thata are losing out.

Pay the fiver a month, have done since the friendly in Carolina. Tried mirroring oxford to telly, quality was horrendous. Ended up watching on phone, not great. No way I'm paying more for something i need to watch on phone on top of season ticket, sky, BT and now premier! Get RTV on sky and I'll reconsider.

Amsterdam tomorrow then lads :cool:

I'm normally in The Netherlands as well. However, bizarrely, even though they say this is only available to Unlimited subscribers they also say its available in UK and Ireland - so no VPN required. At least on that basis. I can't recall them going down this route in the past...ever. Its odd.

Worth repeating, it will not be available in FRANCE though for any Bears actually resident there.

Given the pricing for the St Josephs match - and for this one - I suspect we are going to see a marked increase in prices for pay-per-game matches this season. I have the RangersTV Unlimited package at £17.25 because I don't get to Ibrox often - and I think its great value. I'd be lost without it. For those like me, on the premium subscription, its a welcome way to put money into the Club and get our Rangers 'fix' in return.

However, this is gonna be a real killer for the pay-per-game guys. Either have to bite the bullet or go for the Unlimited subscription even though they may get to Ibrox more often than not. Having tried the illegal stream route in the past its not an experience I'd be recommending.

Paid my fiver last week for Oxford but they can forget me stumping up anymore

That's not the point though. Fans are already paying a fortune at the moment for season tickets and Europa games, I would go to this if it wasnt for paying all that out at the moment. To then ask subscribers for another £12 for a kick about it 100% taking the absolute c*nt
Understand. I’m trying to be kind to RTV. Took absolute pelters on here last year after the Ufa away game for stating I’d asked for and successfully received a refund following the shambolic coverage that evening

I got the fiver a month package last Saturday to see the Oxford game.

Looks like my choice is to either stump up a further £12 or wait until midnight

Same here.
Must admit I did assume it would cover meaningless friendlies.
No chance I will pay £12.

Stopped going to friendlies a decade ago as they are basically training sessions. Got bitten just once too often after going to them summer after summer.

Hope those who go along have an enjoyable day and the game is better than I fear it will be.

I think this is designed to get people to subscribe to unlimited package. For £17.25 I’ll watch at least 10 games this month (with VPN)
Where is the £17.25 option?? The RangersTV Unlimited option on my account is either $28.50 per month of $299 for the year.

Where is the £17.25 option?? The RangersTV Unlimited option on my account is either $28.50 per month of $299 for the year.

As posted earlier, click on the Buy Now button for the monthly option and it confirms £17.25 per month. Forget the dollars - unless you are paying from abroad.

Only available overseas so impossible to watch this live in the UK?

If its paying the monthly membership you are talking about rather than the Marseille match then no. Just go ahead and register/login/buy - and pay from UK account. Amongst the emails you get will be one from WorldPay who take the subscription on RangersTV behalf (assuming you are not already a RangersTV subscriber). Keep it - and a note of their login id and password - because that is by far the easiest way to cancel your subscription (via the WorldPay website) in the future. Should you choose to do so.

If its the Marseille game it - rather oddly - appears to be available in the UK but only for subscribers to the Unlimited package. On the face of it then - for this match only - no VPN required.

Last edited:
Got an unlimited package as I can't attend games so I'll get it free but it's an absolute joke bears with ST or a standard subscription are having to fork out £12 for this. Whoever made this call was clearly on crack and should be sacked.

If its paying the monthly membership you are talking about rather than the Marseille match then no. Just go ahead and register/login/buy - and pay from UK account. Amongst the emails you get will be one from WorldPay who take the subscription on RangersTV behalf (assuming you are not already a RangersTV subscriber). Keep it - and a note of their login id and password - because that is by far the easiest way to cancel your subscription (via the WorldPay website) in the future. Should you choose to do so.

If its the Marseille game it - rather oddly - appears to be available in the UK but only for subscribers to the Unlimited package. On the face of it then - for this match only - no VPN required.

Thanks.

It was a theoretical question for me, just on the basic fiver package.

Thanks.

It was a theoretical question for me, just on the basic fiver package.

Theoretically I think you could upgrade your package to the Unlimited for a month to get this match and all the others in the next month (would also require a VPN for most of them) and then cancel that subscription and take out the £5 package again. I think. The RangersTV website doesn't have any facility that I can see to switch between packages so, whilst the upgrade to Unlimited might go smoothly I'm not so sure the subsequent downgrade would if you see what I mean.

While ambiguous (to cover themselves I suspect) RTV are potentially saying those in UK should buy the £12 option, while overseas should go unlimited. Of course it doesnt read like that ;)

Theoretically I think you could upgrade your package to the Unlimited for a month to get this match and all the others in the next month (would also require a VPN for most of them) and then cancel that subscription and take out the £5 package again. I think. The RangersTV website doesn't have any facility that I can see to switch between packages so, whilst the upgrade to Unlimited might go smoothly I'm not so sure the subsequent downgrade would if you see what I mean.
Upgrading your package from standard to unlimited would cost at least £12 anyway. Pointless.

Is annoying as it is to charge £12 it's clearly a ploy to get UK viewers on the unlimited package.

Is the £17.50 ontop of the standard £5?

Problem is when you have sky and bt showing games 17.50 isn't always a great deal. I wish they would do a home games only option.

Is annoying as it is to charge £12 it's clearly a ploy to get UK viewers on the unlimited package.

No mate you either go on the £17.50 deal or the £5 one.

Just to complicate the issue I believe you can pay annually which will work out slightly cheaper than those prices

No, £17.50 is the most you'll pay for RTV but there's absolutely no reason a bear with a ST that attends home games should ever have to subscribe to that package.

Problem is when you have sky and bt showing games 17.50 isn't always a great deal. I wish they would do a home games only option.
I had the fiver deal for a couple of months last season intending to avoid the scores and watch as live.

First such game was Aberdeen at home December. Picture kept freezing then cut to the final shot of their fans celebrating in any empty stadium.

Next game was Accies at home on Sunday. Logged on at midnight, replay wasn’t available and still wasn’t there at 9am Monday morning

RangersTV could, of course, just not bother showing the game at all and just leave it 'available' to those who choose to go along and watch it live. Ah, the good old days.;)

No, £17.50 is the most you'll pay for RTV but there's absolutely no reason a bear with a ST that attends home games should ever have to subscribe to that package.
Assuming you had no Sky/BT but a suitable VPN, you’d be getting at least all the league away games for that price so doesn’t sound excessive to me

RangersTV could, of course, just not bother showing the game at all and just leave it 'available' to those who choose to go along and watch it live. Ah, the good old days.;)
Ha, the old days I was working overseas and if you were lucky you would get the 2nd half on BBC World Service for an Old Firm game! They were always Saturday in them days. Paddy Feeney Loyal.

Ha, the old days I was working overseas and if you were lucky you would get the 2nd half on BBC World Service for an Old Firm game! They were always Saturday in them days. Paddy Feeney Loyal.

Spent a lot of time overseas myself mate and you are right - praying the Rangers game would be the one covered by World Service and getting that precious last 25-30 minutes LOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back