Martin Bain

Cwoodloyal

Bain was an absolute arsepiece. Ex male catalogue model with no track record in business. He was Murray's willing yes man. He was massively out of his depth. Cost us Nick Peel, who was brought in to transform our retail operation. He made an absolute mockery of Le Guen, bringing in 3rd rate players who were either way down on the Frenchman's list of targets or not on his list at all (Sebo in place of Elmander, Jose Karl Piere Fan-Fan et al).

A complete prick of a guy.
McLeish signed FanFan.

DC1494

Useless at the role, annoying and attention craving, useless at the role and a waste of a salary

And totally useless at the role

It was like we chose a tarrier to do the job he was so shit at it.

cooprfc

Bain was rubbish for most of his tenure but latterly he was good and had huge concerns over Craig Whyte.

Daniel Lack

Had a couple of beers with him in Houston at the pool. Nice enough guy. Did have an air of extreme arrogance about him though.

jefftracy

Was listening to Athletico Mince a while back and they were talking about Sunderland till I Die and Bob Mortimer mentioned Bain and how smarmy he was and how he was everything that is wrong with football nowadays. It was interesting hearing this from someone with no axe to grind.

mathers1

How he got a job in football after us is beyond me.

Not surprised it was at a basket case club like Sunderland though.

broxi87

Watching Sunderland till I die and can see Martin Bain is heavily involved and heard in season two he has a cryotherapy chamber only he uses. I was a wee bit too young to know what he did around our club so can someone fill me in with some of his stupidity at rangers?
The guy was an arrogant prick, he person ally told the police to "turn the water cannons on" when there was a crush outside a stadium , I think it was Bratislava, so not only was it bad enough being crushed he wanted the rangers fans hit with water cannons !

He gave Arthur Numan a new deal then when it came to signing it there was a 75% wage cut tjst hadn't been agreed and be expected Numan to just sign it!

He hated Rangers fans and was all about himself , he loved himself in a narcissistic and dangerous way, he sold players on the cheap all the time , in fact, I believe the whole pay off culture at the club started with him.

stonewall Jackson

His performance at the "Old Firm" summit, after McCoist was fighting with the tramp, sums this dick up. Letting Lawwell run the meeting and nodding like a wee fuckin dug in agreement. A fuckin embarrassment to our club.

bullen an la

Official Ticketer
Bain is a tadger, of that there is no doubt, however the whole not employing our own or not employing Rangers fans has been taken out of context. I was at the AGM when Bain spoke about this, I believe he merely stated he wanted the best and most qualified people for jobs at the club, not necessarily Rangers fans, I think that’s what he was driving at.
yes, tarriers would go that extra mile for rangers

a_weir

According to Wikipedia but with no source... Bain did refuse to agree to the sale to Craig Whyte... and presented evidence to him that it was a bad idea.

Hap Hapablap

Bain knew Murray was done and therefore he was done with any new owner. It's not as if he went to Murray and forewarned him Whyte was bad news.

Chris the Bandito

As well as his policy of not employing Rangers fans in any influential roles in case they worked too hard and showed him up, he spent his entire working life playing politics to force out anyone who displayed signs of competence that might be regarded as a threat to his own position.

Grade A lady's front bottom of a human being universally loathed by anyone unfortunate enough to work with or for him.

There were literally no lengths he wouldn't go to, to ingratiate himself with Murray. Wherever he is now, his boss is one guy who won't be hoarding toilet roll whilst Bain still has a tongue.

Stivenstoune

A total imposter who ran away from me at a NARSA convention because I was asking too hard a question, he basically said it was outrageous the questions being asked especially when he, and I mean HE had brought the league title to the club.

Tannhauser

He just seemed like a clueless tadger. I literally can’t think of one good thing he did for the club. Wasn’t he the king of selling players at a loss? Liked a sunbed.

Brennan Huff

Feel free to fill me in on Jimmy Sinclair too please!
An utter C*nt & tarrier bastard who drove out a lot of good Rangers people.

Motherwells current Head of youth & first team scout being one of them...

Fair to say the guy has a superb record as well as being one of the biggest Rangers fans i've ever met.

deedle

Back in the early-mid 90s when there was a vote at the AGM to confirm his position on the board, I voted against. Although you might have expected a backlash after his ‘customers’ comments I was the only one.

All the things said here are probably true.

However, in the end he did more to defend Rangers than Walter Smith or Ally McCoist.

Il Ciocco

Official Ticketer
You’re missing the point again, he had stated he wanted the most qualified person for the job.
Not quite. The original article stated that he wouldn’t employ a Rangers fan in a role that paid over £35k a year and if there were two equally qualified candidates he would always pick the non Rangers fan. Said that fans were too interested in wearing the blazer and tie and swanning up and down the marble staircase. A bit like him ironically.

I did hear, a bit like the Walter anomaly, that his staff thought he was a brilliant boss and enjoyed working for him.

Johnny Yen

Not quite. The original article stated that he wouldn’t employ a Rangers fan in a role that paid over £35k a year and if there were two equally qualified candidates he would always pick the non Rangers fan. Said that fans were too interested in wearing the blazer and tie and swanning up and down the marble staircase. A bit like him ironically.

I did hear, a bit like the Walter anomaly, that his staff thought he was a brilliant boss and enjoyed working for him.
I genuinely never read the original article.

I can only go with what I heard him say at the AGM, that was he wanted the most qualified person for the job.

crmpicco

Walter Smith ordered him about too. I witnessed it first hand. I think the guy was all flash and no substance. I don't think he was good value for the club

Tom Forsyth's stud

As much to blame as anyone for our club and support being demonised to this day.
Preferred to employ celtc fans over our own to work daily at Ibrox and Auchenhowie.
Should be hung and drawn.

Tommyhlrsc

Official Ticketer
The guy was an arrogant prick, he person ally told the police to "turn the water cannons on" when there was a crush outside a stadium , I think it was Bratislava, so not only was it bad enough being crushed he wanted the rangers fans hit with water cannons !

Anybody remember this idiot with his loud hailer in the pissing rain outside the stadium in Auxerre?

Telling hundreds of our supporters to go home as our 'end' was full and no tickets were available...Auxerre were selling tickets for just €10 iirc.:)

As I've stated, a self centred prick of a man who should have been nowhere near the CEO office at Ibrox.