Mccoist would take Dyche over Beale

"Michael Beale who,...you could argue coached the team to a Europa League final."

You could argue that Ally, but you'd be completely wrong.
Gerrard (and Beale) left us with 2 defeats, a draw and a win in the group stages, with a win needed at Ibrox in Gio's first game.

For all his faults, it was Van Bronckhorst who took us the the Europa League final, and that should never be undermined by suggesting Gerrard or Beale were responsible for it.
Before the Sparta game at Ibrox, it was looking more likely we'd be going out.

Dyche the new coming of Pep all of a sudden:D

Dyche‘s style of football is worse than Gio’s.
1 league title in a decade, is the style of play really that important?’People used to moan like %^*& about Walter’s approach being turgid, but I’lll take winning even if it doesn’t involve free flowing one touch football. If there’s one thing these threads prove, it’s that beggers can actually be choosers.

Last edited:
So would I. But Dyche refused to go gung ho against EPL sides with far more quality than his though and that pragmatism seems to put a lot of our fans off.

Got a club like Burnley into the premier league and honestly kept them there longer they probably should have been there considering the quality of their squad. Too many fans also overlook the fact that he got them promoted in the first place, promoted out of a league that is notoriously difficult to get out of. He also had them finish in the top half which again is quite an achievement considering their squad.

Dyche 100% would NOT take most of the dodgy refereeing we’re often subjected to lying down either. He’d probably spend a lot of money on fines up here, but at least he wouldn’t take the dignified silence approach that’s worked out so well for us till now.
And there’s always the chance of press conferences like this

1 league title in a decade, is the style of play really that important?’People used to moan like %^*& about Walter’s approach being turgid, but I’lll take winning even if it doesn’t involve free flowing one your football. If there’s one thing these threads prove, it’s that beggers can actually be choosers.

Michael Beale's QPR certainly don't play the style of football so many want. Not many managers do tbh.

I don't understand why so many get wound up about the style. If you want all-out attack, go for Peter Bosz - you'll get goals but a stubborn manager who cannot set up a defense and makes absolutely bat shit crazy decisions.

That’s the worry with the Rangers Board.

They think they have stumbled on the answer without doing their homework.
Was it Ross Wilson who said, “ we always have a plan should the manager leave”.
This was after the appointment of Gio.
Did we also have a plan should Gio leave?
Given the results and fan reaction to them, the board had more notice this time to make one.

So would I. But Dyche refused to go gung ho against EPL sides with far more quality than his though and that pragmatism seems to put a lot of our fans off.

Got a club like Burnley into the premier league and honestly kept them there longer they probably should have been there considering the quality of their squad. Too many fans also overlook the fact that he got them promoted in the first place, promoted out of a league that is notoriously difficult to get out of. He also had them finish in the top half which again is quite an achievement considering their squad.

Dyche 100% would NOT take most of the dodgy refereeing we’re often subjected to lying down either. He’d probably spend a lot of money on fines up here, but at least he wouldn’t take the dignified silence approach that’s worked out so well for us till now.
100% agree.

I feel that Dyche's "reluctance to go gung ho against EPL sides with far more quality than his" was borne out of self preservation ... his remit being to stay in the EPL with a ridiculously small budget (comparatively). This he did in the most part. I truly believe we would see a completely different Sean Dyche philosophy if he came to Rangers. I feel his side for the SPL would be much more dynamic and attack minded, while remaining resolutely tight at the back. And dont forget, he will have a lot of knowledge of players in the leagues below the EPL which would be good for our recruitment prospects.

I'd give him a free hit for the remainder of this season to familiarise himself with what he has and to suss out targets going forward. On that side of things he could do a lot worse than target his old Burnley captain Ben Mee who left to join Brentford on a free. He is an exceptional CB and at 32 has a few years left in him.

It's a pointless opinion by Ally ti be honest. I'd rather Pep but we won't be getting him. Dyche is so far out of our price range than any other manager mentioned. As stated he is getting £100k a week to not take another job. What would be the point of him coming here for £30k or £40k a week.

Dyche vs the diddy teams low block could result in a lot of draws initially.

Beale at least knows how to solve that problem given it was mostly his tactical nous that delivered 55. Think we were playing with a 4-3-3 with the two wingers inverted being much closer to the striker as a result, almost playing as additional centre forwards at times.

I don’t agree with this viewpoint that Dyche is out of reach because he’s an EPL manager. There’s been about 10 managerial vacancies in that league since he lost his job and he hasn’t had a sniff.

I think It's vital whoever becomes our new manager goes in right away and lays down the law. Sets the demands, sets the highest of standards, anyone not pulling their weight get them out the door. I like Michael Beale but fear these players will quickly revert to type after the initial new manager bounce under him .

It's a pointless opinion by Ally ti be honest. I'd rather Pep but we won't be getting him. Dyche is so far out of our price range than any other manager mentioned. As stated he is getting £100k a week to not take another job. What would be the point of him coming here for £30k or £40k a week.
Where are you getting this from?

There's not a hope in hell Dyche will be our manager. He's still raking in a fortune from his Burnley pay-off which no doubt is on the condition he doesn't accept another job. Unless an EPL club comes in for him he will be remaining at home with his feet up.

I dont see it happening now but i dont believe for a second Dyche wouldnt have been interested in Rangers.

Hes not going to say on an EPL radio show he wants Gio sacked and burst into BMG cos someone sent in a text saying gonna come to Ibrox big man.

If the epl is all that matters in modern football why didnt Beale go to Wolves where i believe there would have been crazy cash to spend ?

I agree but he’s probably waiting for the next EPL job to come up like Leeds, West Ham, Everton etc

I would prefer Dyche.
He's not a realistic option I don't think.
you never know until you ask the question.

Depends on what he wants out of football. Money isn't everything and the good old HMRC will take most of it anyway. If he came here he'd have a good crack at major domestic honours and the chance to get stuck in to europe. For an ambitious manager that might (should) be a bigger draw than just the money.

There's not a hope in hell Dyche will be our manager. He's still raking in a fortune from his Burnley pay-off which no doubt is on the condition he doesn't accept another job. Unless an EPL club comes in for him he will be remaining at home with his feet up.
What if its a fantastic job ? and our fans should know it is and a far more interesting/exciting option than just scrapping for points to finish 16th.

If hes made so much cash sitting on his bum maybe hes not that bothered with wages or salary now and is desperate to prove he can manage teams to titles and also compete in europe.

This for me is a really bizarre debate, you could ask the question on our rivals forums and plenty of them would be saying Rangers is a better job than a lot of teams in the bottom half of the sky tv league.

I agree but he’s probably waiting for the next EPL job to come up like Leeds, West Ham, Everton etc
He might, be he must know he cant wait forever as more and more of these clubs are going foreign and most english managers have to settle for a career in the championship.

What if its a fantastic job ? and our fans should know it is and a far more interesting/exciting option than just scrapping for points to finish 16th.

If hes made so much cash sitting on his bum maybe hes not that bothered with wages or salary now and is desperate to prove he can manage teams to titles and also compete in europe.

This for me is a really bizarre debate, you could ask the question on our rivals forums and plenty of them would be saying Rangers is a better job than a lot of teams in the bottom half of the sky tv league.
It’s a nice sentiment but there’s not a chance in hell he’s coming to our league, at least not anytime soon.

Dyche was asked about us about two weeks ago and he politely tried to explain he still thinks he could get another EPL job. He more or less admitted we would be a fall back option and that he gets on with Wilson.

It’s a nice sentiment but there’s not a chance in hell he’s coming to our league, at least not anytime soon.

Dyche was asked about us about two weeks ago and he politely tried to explain he still thinks he could get another EPL job. He more or less admitted we would be a fall back option and that he gets on with Wilson.
So he might in future, he might as a "fall back" if his career goes downhill and he gets a bit desperate.

I tell you something i find this stuff fascinating, will he not be taking a championship job either then cos i mean thats nowhere near your Peps and Contes ?

Theres a huge difference between the club showing an interest in him when the managers left, which hasnt happened, and someone texting a message steaming.

Dyche was on 100k a week at Burnley and got a 15M payoff when sacked. Not a chance he was coming to Scotland to manage.

I would take Dyche over Beale as well.
Everyday of the week this should be the boards choice, however, unless they totally shock us, Beale will cost less, doesn't require any extensive due diligence, would apparently be happy to work with idiots like our DOF and Robertson, whilst although Dyche is quoted as knowing RW, i don't think he would accept the type of signings targeted by wilson and he would do what we really need and that is have a real manager who knows the style he wants to play and buys players who will do what he needs them to do.

Dyche would also want significant backing and if they didn't back their choice of manager who got to a europa final then very unlikely they would be releasing the required funds the rebuild needs. In reality the main issue is related to our current board, DOF and MD and unless there is change in these areas, then we are likely looking fir a new manager in 6-9 months !

Dyche vs the diddy teams low block could result in a lot of draws initially.

Beale at least knows how to solve that problem given it was mostly his tactical nous that delivered 55. Think we were playing with a 4-3-3 with the two wingers inverted being much closer to the striker as a result, almost playing as additional centre forwards at times.
Does he? Was it?

If that's the case why didnt we ask him to stay at the time? If he "loves" the club as much as he says he does he'd have stayed ... but we didn't ask (correct me if i'm wrong) and he didn't stay.

There's a lot of hype around Beale at the moment, much of it fueled by what i would consider his unprofessional conduct.

As any manager with a professional attitude would do when asked about a position when there's a manager still in post.

A totally unprofessional, naive rookie would rock up at Ibrox, bold as brass, being the big "I am" then go for a pint in the Louden. The type of behaviour you'd expect from an immature teenager. Sound familiar?

He kept Burnley in the Premier league for like 6 years and got them a European spot in one of those while spending about £5m a season. Do you honestly expect him to do that and play scintillating attacking football?

What part of this do people not understand? In the championship when he had one of the better teams, he played good attacking football. In the Premier league, when he had a miniature budget compared to everyone else, he didn't. Use your brain
The last bastion of 4-4-2 Sean Dyche:D

So he’s had one season where he has achieved success and won promotion, the rest of his managerial career spent in relegation dogfights or mid table mediocrity.

Absolutely in no way comparable to up here where he has to win every game.

With Dyche it’s not about style of football. It’s about his man management and leadership which Gio was found wanting with. And also how he played a Burnley side in the EPL would be different to how he plays a Rangers side in the SPL.
Based on what?

1 league title in a decade, is the style of play really that important?’People used to moan like %^*& about Walter’s approach being turgid, but I’lll take winning even if it doesn’t involve free flowing one touch football. If there’s one thing these threads prove, it’s that beggers can actually be choosers.
Footballs changed mate when was the last time a defensive minded team won any of the major trophies etc?

Dyche has done nothing in his career to think he can come up here and win trophies.

Footballs changed mate when was the last time a defensive minded team won any of the major trophies etc?

Dyche has done nothing in his career to think he can come up here and win trophies.
He’s won the championship, a league that isn’t a 2 horse race (or should I say 1 horse race now).

Who’s your pick? Tell me, and tell me what they’ve done to show they can come up here and win trophies….

The last bastion of 4-4-2 Sean Dyche:D

So he’s had one season where he has achieved success and won promotion, the rest of his managerial career spent in relegation dogfights or mid table mediocrity.

Absolutely in no way comparable to up here where he has to win every game.
Good luck finding any manager who has experience of a job like ours.

Gio had experience of winning trophies and look how well that translated to our job.

Like I said, he's not my first choice. But I'd have far more faith in him revamping and winning trophies than Beale.

Of course you would. But Dyche is out of reach for us financially you'd imagine or just not interested.

If our board did have a decision to make and they could choose Beale or Dyche. They should be shot if they chose Beale over Dyche.

He’s won the championship, a league that isn’t a 2 horse race (or should I say 1 horse race now).

Who’s your pick? Tell me, and tell me what they’ve done to show they can come up here and win trophies….
One trophy 8 years ago at a club where if he won 1 in 5 premier league games the board and fans are happy.

Beale would be my pick.

Beale would be my pick.
Beale, a mere 20 or so games as his own man. Part of a coaching set up in Scotland that brought one solitary trophy and one solitary cup final appearance, but would have been expected to deliver a few trophies as an absolute minimum and expected to make the majority of cup finals.

Sorry, but to discredit Dyche who wasn’t at one of the biggest teams in a 2 (or 1) horse race and then vouch for Beale makes you look really daft. You’re almost ignoring the fact that he was managing BURNLEY in one of the strongest leagues in the world. And that he had to gain promotion from a notoriously difficult league more than once. There’s a reason Dyche was very respected for the work he’d done at Turfmoor.

You also didn’t tell me what Beale’s done to suggest he can come up here as Rangers manager and win trophies, presumably because you know there’s very little evidence to suggest he can come and do that.

Beale, a mere 20 or so games as his own man. Part of a coaching set up in Scotland that brought one solitary trophy and one solitary cup final appearance, but would have been expected to deliver a few trophies as an absolute minimum and expected to make the majority of cup finals.

Sorry, but to discredit Dyche who wasn’t at one of the biggest teams in a 2 (or 1) horse race and then vouch for Beale makes you look really daft. You’re almost ignoring the fact that he was managing BURNLEY in one of the strongest leagues in the world. And that he had to gain promotion from a notoriously difficult league more than once. There’s a reason Dyche was very respected for the work he’d done at Turfmoor.

You also didn’t tell me what Beale’s done to suggest he can come up here as Rangers manager and win trophies, presumably because you know there’s very little evidence to suggest he can come and do that.
How different is first team coach to manager?

He done all the training and shape when he was here, knows the squad, knows the club and is willing to come when there probably won’t be any funds to spend.

Dyche had done nothing to suggest he has any interest in coming to Rangers.

I would still go for a young up and coming guy we know what he’s about and we’ve had success under a regime he was heavily involved in.

Dyche doesn’t want to come and I don’t want him sorry that upsets you so much:D

Plus that voice and the worm eating goes against the ginger weirdo as well:D

Some things to consider re Dyche
His wages are too high
He doesn't want the job
If he did take the job he'd jump as soon as he could
Multiple EPL jobs have been available since he was fired but don't think he was ever on a short list
He got Burnley relegated

By no means convinced Beale is the guy for the job but fail to see why Dyche is seen as such a hot option

How different is first team coach to manager?

He done all the training and shape when he was here, knows the squad, knows the club and is willing to come when there probably won’t be any funds to spend.

Dyche had done nothing to suggest he has any interest in coming to Rangers.

I would still go for a young up and coming guy we know what he’s about and we’ve had success under a regime he was heavily involved in.

Dyche doesn’t want to come and I don’t want him sorry that upsets you so much:D

Plus that voice and the worm eating goes against the ginger weirdo as well:D
It isn’t about whether Dyche wants to come or not though, you were previously suggesting he hasn’t done anything to suggest he’s good enough despite having done infinitely more than Beale who’s yet to even demonstrate he can cut it as his own man. And it’s fine to have your own ideas about who you want, it’s just that your reasons for not wanting Dyche don’t hold up to scrutiny and even less so when comparing against your first pick.

Head coach is very different to being a manger. And you say we “know what Beale’s about”? What’s that then? 1 trophy out of about 9, 1 cup final out of about 6, wheels already coming off during the 4th season after being turned over by a 10 man Swedish outfit and dropping multiple points to Dundee Utd, Motherwell etc? Because to me it looks like we know he’s about underachieving in quite a significant way. Of course in reality that was more about Gerrard. But still this stuff about “knowing the club” etc is old fashioned bollocks.

Do you think when Liverpool and City were hunting for new managers they had guys on their board giving it “well yeah Klopp/Guardiola look like decent options but maybe we should go for someone who knows what Liverpool/Manchester’s about and that knows Merseyside/Manchester? I wonder if Roy Evans fancies another crack at it?”

Said in another thread Beale will be appointed and the board will say they got the no1 target they were after as if it`s some kind of masterstroke.

Some things to consider re Dyche
His wages are too high
He doesn't want the job
If he did take the job he'd jump as soon as he could
Multiple EPL jobs have been available since he was fired but don't think he was ever on a short list
He got Burnley relegated

By no means convinced Beale is the guy for the job but fail to see why Dyche is seen as such a hot option
He got Burnley straight back up after relegation. With their squad and budget, he did a great job to keep them in the PL for a long time.

Said in another thread Beale will be appointed and the board will say they got the no1 target they were after as if it`s some kind of masterstroke.
Beale would be a huge mistake, I think most of us know that. Not enough experience, not a big enough name up attract players.

Back