Mccoist would take Dyche over Beale

Disagree completely and him saying that just confirms it for me.

Everyone saying the risk is bigger with Beale due to lack of managerial experience, so what we go with a defensive old school Ginge who had went stale and despite several jobs coming up since he’s been out of work (apr22) no one has touched him with a barge pole.

Give me Michael Beale over him any day of the week, the transition will be seamless and he will get the biggest reaction out of the small squad we have left. I would also trust him with a rebuild more than Dyche.

He kept Burnley in the Premier league for like 6 years and got them a European spot in one of those while spending about £5m a season. Do you honestly expect him to do that and play scintillating attacking football?

What part of this do people not understand? In the championship when he had one of the better teams, he played good attacking football. In the Premier league, when he had a miniature budget compared to everyone else, he didn't. Use your brain
Him playing attacking free flowing football in the championship is a complete myth.

Absolutely no idea what people have seen in Sean Dyche to suggest he’d be a good fit, his football is horrendous.
Agreed. You would think he’s the Calibre of Jose in his prime listening to some on here.

Ask yourself this, had the scum appointed him (he’s been linked with them several times previously) we would all be absolutely slating the appointment. Be honest you know it’s true.

It isn’t about whether Dyche wants to come or not though, you were previously suggesting he hasn’t done anything to suggest he’s good enough despite having done infinitely more than Beale who’s yet to even demonstrate he can cut it as his own man. And it’s fine to have your own ideas about who you want, it’s just that your reasons for not wanting Dyche don’t hold up to scrutiny and even less so when comparing against your first pick.

Head coach is very different to being a manger. And you say we “know what Beale’s about”? What’s that then? 1 trophy out of about 9, 1 cup final out of about 6, wheels already coming off during the 4th season after being turned over by a 10 man Swedish outfit and dropping multiple points to Dundee Utd, Motherwell etc? Because to me it looks like we know he’s about underachieving in quite a significant way. Of course in reality that was more about Gerrard. But still this stuff about “knowing the club” etc is old fashioned bollocks.

Do you think when Liverpool and City were hunting for new managers they had guys on their board giving it “well yeah Klopp/Guardiola look like decent options but maybe we should go for someone who knows what Liverpool/Manchester’s about and that knows Merseyside/Manchester? I wonder if Roy Evans fancies another crack at it?”
Yeah because the Rangers job in 2022 is comparable to city or Liverpool:D

Who do you want some corduroy jean wearing nae sock hipster or the 1 trophy in feck knows how many Dyche?

You’re one of the posters on here who will never be happy anyway, if Dyche is appointed tomorrow you’ll be greeting about his first interview or backroom staff and wanting him sacked after 3 months:D

Yeah because the Rangers job in 2022 is comparable to city or Liverpool:D

Who do you want some corduroy jean wearing nae sock hipster or the 1 trophy in feck knows how many Dyche?

You’re one of the posters on here who will never be happy anyway, if Dyche is appointed tomorrow you’ll be greeting about his first interview or backroom staff and wanting him sacked after 3 months:D
As opposed to 0 trophies Beale?

And explain to me why Rangers need managers who know the club while other clubs don’t? Rangers and Liverpool, two big clubs, what’s the difference, why does one need a manager who knows the club….

I think Dyche would do a good job, so I doubt I’d be complaining about him. You haven’t half talked some shite on here man. You’re trying talk down a candidate who’s at least proven something whilst talking up another candidate who’s proven nothing and who’s main attribute for you seems to be that he knows where the bibs and cones are kept and knows where the vendies are. Quality.

Agreed. You would think he’s the Calibre of Jose in his prime listening to some on here.

Ask yourself this, had the scum appointed him (he’s been linked with them several times previously) we would all be absolutely slating the appointment. Be honest you know it’s true.
You mean like the way everyone pissed themselves laughing at the appointment of their current manager?

As opposed to 0 trophies Beale?

And explain to me why Rangers need managers who know the club while other clubs don’t? Rangers and Liverpool, two big clubs, what’s the difference, why does one need a manager who knows the club….

I think Dyche would do a good job, so I doubt I’d be complaining about him. You haven’t half talked some shite on here man. You’re trying talk down a candidate who’s at least proven something whilst talking up another candidate who’s proven nothing and who’s main attribute for you seems to be that he knows where the bibs and cones are kept and knows where the vendies are. Quality.
Your defo ginger:D

Only explanation, I doubt his wife would back him up as much.

I’ll do some bullet points to make it easier:

• Vastly experienced coach, with experience in different countries.
• Track record of players improving with his coaching.
• Knows the expectations of the support and understands what is acceptable.
• Knows there aren’t unlimited funds available so will be happy to work under a budget.
• Respected throughout Auchenhowie and Ibrox.
• High pressing attacking football.

If it was the summer maybe Beale wouldn’t be my choice but right now I think to give us the best lift and for this season he would be my choice.

Interesting Wolves never gave big Sean a call considering he’s available but went for Beale.

• Knows there aren’t unlimited funds available so will be happy to work under a budget.

If it was the summer maybe Beale wouldn’t be my choice but right now I think to give us the best lift and for this season he would be my choice.

Interesting Wolves never gave big Sean a call considering he’s available but went for Beale.
Answer my question though, why do Rangers needed a coach who’s familiar with the club but others don’t?

So you’re giving Beale the nod because he knows Rangers are demanding
and knowing there will be limited funds. Presumably it’s too much effort for someone to take 30 seconds to explain that to Dyche? I’m sure Dyche would think he was coming up here to spend a fortune haha; because everyone knows there’s big money in Scottish football. And let’s be honest here, he already knows the demands of the support because he’s a British manager and everyone in Britain knows what the OF are like and knows that 1st is everything and 2nd is nothing.

High pressing football? Well not really, that absolutely disappeared completely at times. My biggest gripe is your “experience coaching in different countries” bit; we’re
Not looking for a head coach, we’re looking for a manager. I could just flip that and say Dyche has years of experience as a “first team MANAGER” in one of the worlds top leagues.

Answer my question though, why do Rangers needed a coach who’s familiar with the club but others don’t?

So you’re giving Beale the nod because he knows Rangers are demanding
and knowing there will be limited funds. Presumably it’s too much effort for someone to take 30 seconds to explain that to Dyche? I’m sure Dyche would think he was coming up here to spend a fortune haha; because everyone knows there’s big money in Scottish football. And let’s be honest here, he already knows the demands of the support because he’s a British manager and everyone in Britain knows what the OF are like and knows that 1st is everything and 2nd is nothing.

High pressing football? Well not really, that absolutely disappeared completely at times. My biggest gripe is your “experience coaching in different countries” bit; we’re
Not looking for a head coach, we’re looking for a manager. I could just flip that and say Dyche has years of experience as a “first team MANAGER” in one of the worlds top leagues.
Every manager knows what the Old Firm are Iike
Yet if you looked at interviews with virtually every player and manager to join Rangers from England almost every one of them said they didn't really understand it until they got here

Pretty sure most supporters would as well, but the reality is he's miles out of our reach.

Everything in football happens in hyperdrive these days. GVB's high & low spots were similar to McLeish's, but happened in a fraction of the time.

If Dyche is no better than GVB, it will have a similar outcome very quickly.

Should he arrive and take the league by storm, the move to a mid-table Premier side down south will happen in months, not years.

If a sacked Prem manager does the treble in his first season & does well in Europe, he'll be gone to a Southampton or Villa thst summer.

Beale is backing himself into a corner coming up here. He has to stay long term if he's doing well given how soon this move from QPR is coming

I think any manager is a punt, particularly at the level we are at. I doubt there are many experienced AND successful managers who want to come to Scotland.

The last bastion of 4-4-2 Sean Dyche:D

So he’s had one season where he has achieved success and won promotion, the rest of his managerial career spent in relegation dogfights or mid table mediocrity.

Absolutely in no way comparable to up here where he has to win every game.
Compares well to Beale in my opinion ... a few weeks in the job ... crap win rate and in a lower division.

Dyche would tick all of those boxes .... except that he's respected a bit more widely than "throughout Auchenhowie and Ibrox" ... and he's vastly experienced in "the toughest league in the world"

How do you know that Wolves didn't approach him? Maybe they were looking for someone cheap?

You mean like the way everyone pissed themselves laughing at the appointment of their current manager?
Anyone who knew their football on a global scale knew he was someone who took no crap and played attacking football, granted it wasn’t Howe which I was delighted at but laughing nah not me

I think majority of fans would prefer dyche but I think they realise that he is miles out of our price range. Some fans on here don’t seem to realise what level we’re actually at in terms of who we can attract to the job.

Him and me both in my opinion Beale has disastrous potential. Exactly what I posted about GVB. Penny pinching will not do here the custodians need to step up and get the right person and it’s not Beale.
It's the penny pinching that will put off managers. They won't come without the ability to spend money. Our board have shown repeatedly they won't spend.

Whether it is true or not, I think the issue people have with Dyche is that if things aren't going well we could end up playing some absolute trash football, which just won't get results in a league like ours anymore. I also think that is why he hasn't been up for many jobs, which is why he hasn't worked since June.
Think the fact he's still getting a weekly wage from his last club is why he hasnt got a new gig.

While in no way suggesting that Dyche might not turn out to be a better choice than Beale, I suspect that very few would be considering trying to persuade Dyche to join us, if he was currently managing a club. Just find the level of support for him quite difficult to understand. We should not be confining our recruitment process to the Beale v Dyche option and who knows, maybe we are not.

It's a no-brainer if you had to choose between an experienced manager who has managed for years, off course he's going to be better equipped to manage us but that does not guarantee success.

I always got the feeling McCoist was none too happy how they all sneaked out the door, I'd imagine that's the main reason behind his pick

Absolutely no idea what people have seen in Sean Dyche to suggest he’d be a good fit, his football is horrendous.
They all think he’s a good old fashioned British manager who introduce some discipline at the club, get the team fit and have the players throwing themselves into tackles, show some Bulldog passion.

Personally I’m scunnered with the whole thing. I don’t really care who gets the position because we aint going to see a change with this group of players. A clear out of the dressing room is what’s needed imho.

What do you think?
I don't know what to think with this board anymore. I simply have no trust in them with regards to the running of the footballing side of the club. In saying that, and to be fair, I'm still gobsmacked that they actually roused themselves to sack Gio in the first place.

Who knows? There could be announcement on Monday and that's that.

When this particular circus act (Co Ron McKaay) is completed, I'd like to know who were all actually in the running for the job and who actually made it to the second interview?

I don't think that's too much to ask for.

Anyone who’s mentally sane would. Take the emotion out of it and you’ve got:
  • A proven Premier League quality manager over over 6 seasons who’s also won the Championship
Vs
  • A new manager, 5 months of experience and despite a bright start, have fallen apart and look extremely unconvincing at Championship level (last month has been relegation form)
There’s literally no argument you can make in favour of Beale other than the generic “he knows the club”

Latest posts

Back