McGregor back at Ibrox - Official - Welcome home Shagger!

Incidentally, although they knew it would happen hull will be pissed losing their player of the year.

Not always a good move to bring ex players back but I reckon this is a great signing.

Much superior keeper than any on the books at the moment, knows what we're all about and crucially a keeper who will organise the defence.

Welcome home Greegs.

WATP

Another signing decided pre-Gerrard I take it ?

Would have thought Gerrard would have wanted to select his own keeper as part of the building from the back process ?
Not sure what to make of this, and Arfield either.
I can’t see them not being sanctioned by Gerrard, that’s for sure, and given that we can’t register these players just now and that they’re almost certainly still in contract at their clubs, at least till after the cup finals and play off finals, if Gerrard didn’t want/accept them, they wouldn’t be here.
I don’t think if these guys still signed pre-contracts, we wouldn’t have found out.

He will mate.

When a new manager comes in and has a clean slate, one of the particular preferences he has is normally the keeper. It's quite a personal choice. Which is why i find it just a bit strange that this was done before Gerrard - just like the Arfield one. Unless Gerrard's own No.1 keeper is still to come in.

I think/hope that's it in terms of pre-Gerrard deals.

I agree with this, I'd prefer his signings to be exactly that. Pleased with the 2 who have come in mind you.

I was a bit nonplussed about it at first but big Shagger knows about winning at Rangers better than most and is one of those strong personalities that we need in the team.

And he is a better goalie than Foderigham.

Not sure what to make of this, and Arfield either.
I can’t see them not being sanctioned by Gerrard, that’s for sure, and given that we can’t register these players just now and that they’re almost certainly still in contract at their clubs, at least till after the cup finals and play off finals, if Gerrard didn’t want/accept them, they wouldn’t be here.
I don’t think if these guys still signed pre-contracts, we wouldn’t have found out.
Mark Allen stated last week that Gerrard was sanctioning the moves.:)

Delighted. Wes seems like a gentleman but he's not a good shot stopper, McGregor is a massive upgrade.

Its shagger no?
giphy.gif

Yes mate - not really disputing that. Just assumed that SG would have wanted to stamp his own authority on the GK position as opposed to going along with a Mark Allen deal.

For all we know the Gerrard thing has been going on for months .

It’s also good as we are getting a top quality keeper who knows what it’s all about for nothing only wages allowing us to spend elsewhere.

Is it safe to assume that we could bring in around £14m/£15m with the sale of Wes (3), Morelos (5), Windass (2)and maybe Tav (5) ???

Shagger just has swagger most in our dressing room don't.
And the medals to go with it. He's a winner. He'll bollock the defence and demand everything. Need guys like him to severely increase the attitude and desire in training and matches. We're very short on winners and leaders.
Not seen much of him but if he was Hull's PoY he must be still doing it.
Very good signing imo and welcome home keeper.

The only thing is we all know the years can creep up on you and your not quite what you used to be.

I would imagine he can only shag 5 birds a night now, welcome back shagger !

Back