McGregor is not above criticism....

blueismycolour

Official Ticketer
That bloody kick out with 5 mins to go was lazy and totally unacceptable on all fronts. Whatever chance we had, was lost just after it, as a result............

My follow up from page 2.

Frustrated as hell after that tonight, but that kick out done it for me. One goal away from the knockout stages and then we got that from Alan.

Yes Shagger has come back and done a terrific job and yes he has been a standout during our European campaign, but like I said, he is not above criticism, especially when a mistake like the one tonight occurs........

Was it his fault we went out, NO. Was it down to Alan that we were in a position to qualify, before tonights game, YES.

Me just frustrated, that a mistake of such magnitude can undo so much good work......

Last edited:
No he is not.
He will hold his hands up to that mistake, I have no doubt.
He has kept us in many a game already since his return though so please keep that in mind before anyone slates him.

All started from tavernier not swinging the ball into the box at the other end, Never a captain and I hope he is sold as soon as a bid comes in.

Why not concentrate on the whole host of amazing saves he has pulled off in Europe this season and at home and just put that one down to sheer bad luck.
We weren't going through anyway.

how was it lazy?

go back and check the video, he was in two minds, there was a stutter in his body movement before he decided to kick it and knew soon as it left his foot that it was no good.

simple facts are we have had plenty of chances to qualify, McGregor has saved us more than he has cost us, in fact he ensured that we still had a chance going into tonight.

Been brilliant.

That was a shocking kick.

Was a good campaign and sadly a chance missed as Rapid and Moscow were poor.

But on we go and hopefully players can pick up the league form.

He is part of the reason we got to the groups.

The bigger worry is the lethargy that has crept into our play in recent weeks

Always one or two players faults. The team isn't performing at the moment, especially up front but aye, McGregors fault.
We would have been beat in a couple of these games if it wasn't for him

That bloody kick out with 5 mins to go was lazy and totally unacceptable on all fronts. Whatever chance we had, was lost just after it, as a result............

Absolute nonsense. We wouldn’t be anywhere near where we are if it wasn’t for him.

There were 4 passes after Rapid collected Greegs (admittedly poor) bye-kick at the half-way line.

Let's not make a mountain out of a mole hill. We were loading attack and got caught.

Players still got a lot to do when he receives it, wasn’t Mcgregor who didn’t track the runner for the goal

If it wasn't for McGregor's saves we wouldn't have got to the group stages.

Our inability to score killed us.

I don't think I'll be blaming him.

All started from tavernier not swinging the ball into the box at the other end, Never a captain and I hope he is sold as soon as a bid comes in.

Well I hope you are immediately excluded permanently from ever watching, talking about, commenting on or generally interacting with Rangers in any way, but we don't always get what we want do we?

Reactions: M@x
No question that he is worth a massive amount to us but that kick out was a killer. Rightly the players had moved up and Rapid capitalised with a very good attack while we were light. Sh1t happens.

%^*& sakes if it wasn't for McGregor we wouldn't be here have a night off this place is a joke at times with posts like this embarrassing

Tav had the ball up there in the corner.
We had 2 shots on goal.
Yes it wasn’t the best kick but it reached close The halfway line.

If it wasn’t for shagger we wouldn’t be in the group stages or having something to play for in the last game

Greegs will be the first to hold his hand up for that howler.

Wouldn't have got to this stage if it wasn't for him tho….

A very lazy kick out, but that's not why we're out of Europe tonight.

The whole performance was weak, lacking and simply not good enough. Rapid were there for the taking. A very, very ordinary side with poor ball control and very little flair. Fortune favours the brave - tonight we were anything but football brave.

You just ignoring all the other times he was trying to get forward and make things happen? In fact 5 min early he's up at the edge of there box having a pop at goal.

Tavernier is the least of our worries

That bloody kick out with 5 mins to go was lazy and totally unacceptable on all fronts. Whatever chance we had, was lost just after it, as a result............[/QUOTE]

Mate wise up stop being a knob and grow up Shagger is magnificent week in week out

Back