McInnes Cited by SFA for reaction to sectarian chants.

Shocking protocal to take punishing the victim in those circumstances but it does beg the question why Steve Clarke wasn't cited after his reaction to our chants
That would appear to be the answer.
Run to the press and complain.

I'd go as far to say that this is a new low by the SFA and one that they should he called out for by the media but I won't hold my breath.

Imagine the outcry if Lennon got cited for the same.

Imagine the outcry if it was a black player reacting to racism.

Why is this any different?
If we only we had any journalists that would be up for the task in this ever progressive, totally inclusive country of ours:rolleyes:

I wonder if any point the other teams will realise that Scottish Football these days is solely set up for the promotion of the interests of one club

To be honest mate, I think it is a lot bigger than that now.

The filth are not even hiding their bigoted contempt for our communitywithin or outside football any more.

That's Unbelievable. Aberdeen should consider taking them to a real court, see how that plays out.

They shouldn't have to consider it. The filth have as expected warned the authorities that they will fight Lego munchers charges tooth and nail. Aberdeen should do likewise.

McInnes won’t use the leniency towards the TLB as a defence, he’s so far up TLBs arse he probably believes treacle teeth was justified

Has he been cited or is this just the normal procedure after being sent to the stand?

Anyway, here is his defence:

hqdefault.jpg

McInnes gets his lawyer to play to footage of Lennon when Hivs manager doing worse to the main stand at Ibrox and SFA or CO took no action

Why is my client being cited but the SFA ignored the actions of Lennon?

Case thrown out and McInnes receives no punishment the same as Lennon

As much as I despise the sheep shagging bastards I hope they can now see how corrupt the sfa are and get behind ousting everyone at the sfa if they are involved or not.

Celtic being able to decide when Brown faces the panel tells you everything.

No doubt he will roll over and accept his punishment without a whimper

I would also like to know what his chairman is saying about the matter

Has he been cited or is this just the normal procedure after being sent to the stand?

hqdefault.jpg

McInnes should absolutely utilise this in his defence. If Brown's hearing is earlier tham his and Brown walks free as expected he should utilise this also.

How does that work?? Lennon did it against us and escaped without any punishment whatsoever with full victim mode intact.

McInnes does it, gets sent to the stands (in effect a red card) and then gets cited afterwards even after saying he did it because he was getting sectarian abuse.

Now if you change over sectarian abuse to racial abuse the powers that be would look absolutely stupid for going after the victim here but it seems being called a hun is still acceptable in this day and age.

Be interesting to see how this plays out as a few precedents have already been set here ...

Spot on. Precedent has already been set. Lawyers should have a field day with this one.

Just on sky sports news as well. Wonder if Derek will apologise for being a victim again. No action for brown doing the same at the end of the old firm game. No action from any of the usually busybodies at nil by mouth or the joke parliament condemning the chants. Wonder why

Yeah, total silence. And Btw, that parliament building has to be the ugliest building in Scotland, it's like a 1960's (low on proper building materials) post-war monstrosity, updated with both a bizarre and soulless vibe.

Utterly stupid decision by the SFA but one which offers much scope in propaganda terms.

It will attract attention to the sectarian chanting which some obviously hoped was fading away.

If Rangers had a hint of nous and even one testicle (half of one would do) it would be PR Christmas every day with the SFA, GCC, COPFS, SMSM esp BBC, and Scotland's politicians, but we are the Ronnie Rozenthal's of missing open goals, infact, Ronnie at least gave it a mighty boot before hitting the bar, we do %^*& all.

McInnis was stupid apologising afterwards.

He should have said he saw the media and SFA reaction when Steve Clarke recieved the abuse but that they ignored Kriss Boyd and Steven Gerrard so he felt he needed to highlight this.
It’s all DNS own fault, if he didn’t have such a shite football team the jolly chaps wouldn’t have anything to rhyme with

Derek McInnes cited by SFA over reaction to 'sad orange b******' chants

from daily record.
This could be manna from heaven for McInnes if he so chooses. He will have a hearing and be allowed to give his side of the story. If he says he is no longer prepared to put up with the sectarian chants directed at him, what do the SFA do then. They certainly wouldn't punish a black man if he quite rightly reacted to racist chanting and they didn't punish Lennon when he reacted. So let's hear them explain the difference.

They are so entrenched in their corruption they just think it's the norm as it won't be seriously challenged.

This could be manna from heaven for McInnes if he so chooses. He will have a hearing and be allowed to give his side of the story. If he says he is no longer prepared to put up with the sectarian chants directed at him, what do the SFA do then. They certainly wouldn't punish a black man if he quite rightly reacted to racist chanting and they didn't punish Lennon when he reacted. So let's hear them explain the difference.
Shay Logan might argue otherwise

Sadly if we're all honest we knew this would be the case and that McInnes would be cited.
Why are we even surprised any more?
SFA,rotten,corrupt and totally unfit for purpose.
Run by bigots for the benefit of bigots.

We missed a trick, Abeedeen missed an opportunity and the 19th Century Terrorist authorities are laughing at us once again.

I swear to god, if that tramp Lennon either gestures or makes a noise about our support, and we don't respond, I'll scream.

Utterly stupid decision by the SFA but one which offers much scope in propaganda terms.

It will attract attention to the sectarian chanting which some obviously hoped was fading away.

If nothing happens to those who engage in incitement, and the victim is punished for reacting then the only logical outcome is loads more people singing and chanting offensively to try and get a reaction. Ridiculous stance that the SFA have taken here.

hqdefault.jpg

Not only should that be his defence (along with the well-reported sectarian chants at him), but he should demand an explanation from the SFA and CO as to excalty why he has been hauled in, given the above no-punishment precedent.

He could go absolutely ballistic and ask for a clear and public statement from the SFA about why he was cited for reacting to sectarianism.

I'd also break ranks with many of our own fans here and suggest that our own Club get in contact with Aberdeen and tell them that we'll back them all the way in this.

McInnes missed a massive opportunity I reckon.

The day after that game he held his press conference and said that what he did was wrong and he shouldn't have reacted in the way he did .

WRONG.....

He should have said that he has had enough of being called an Orange Bastard by Celic every time he comes up against them and that the SPFL and SFA must be seen to be doing something against them.

He should be fighting this tooth and nail instead of pandering to them by saying the his reaction was wrong. He snapped and has taken enough is the correct answer here.

It's straightforward for me.

Why did you make the gesture ?

Because they sung a religious hate chant .

You shouldn't have reacted ?

They shouldn't have sung it.

We are banning you for reacting

What are you doing about them singing it ?

If Scottish football wasn’t so consumed in it’s hatred of all things Rangers, then collectively it should be railing against the SFA and tackling the problem of it being completely in thrall to the filth.

The game is completely fucked and run for the benefit of the yahoos.

If Scottish football wasn’t so consumed in it’s hatred of all things Rangers, then collectively it should be railing against the SFA and tackling the problem of it being completely in thrall to the filth.

The game is completely fucked and run for the benefit of the yahoos.

There is probably not even a thread about this on any Sheep forum.

Aberdeen should take it to the law courts any half decent lawyer could rip the SFA apart and the judge would throw it out .But do they have the sheep's baws

Mcinnes SHOULD be calling out the complete double standards of the SFA and the vitriolic behaviour of the Shettlestons. He won't. But he should.

The media, politicians and the SFA keep going on about how we can stop sectarianism.

The fans are the problem first and foremost, but punishing managers for reacting to it does absolutely nothing to solve the problem.

It'll actually make it worse - imagine the Celtic fans will be rubbing their hands with glee the next time they play Aberdeen because they know they can sing anything they like to him without punishment.

Latest posts

Back