McLaughlin. Again

The constant changing of goalkeepers can't be good for the defence.

A comment which puzzled me after the game from Beale though. He said there won't be much rotation of the goalies given the fact that we don't have another midweek fixture until March. Wednesday was McGregors quietest game in a long time, not sure I'd have changed goalkeepers today. Understand he's 41 but surely he wasn't that shattered after Tynecastle.

McCrorie needs a shot. Give the boy his chance.
If he's injured, do the above when he's fit. McLaughlin has had his chance.
Weighed, measured and found wanting.

Is not the answer and cannot be trusted in any big games moving forward.

Sold another goal today and doesn't spread any confidence. Our goalkeeping situation is a shambles.

When McCrorie is fit again he must be given a chance.
With Mcgregor on the bench why wasn’t he in goal . Just imagine we dropped two points today

His defence didn’t do him any favours either to be fair. Also made a couple of decent saves.

We need two new keepers in the summer
For the goal they didn’t help him, but he never seems to command his defence, look at McGregor shouting and screaming at the outfield players, never really see that from McLaughlin.

He seems to have regressed a bit. Or is short of confidence. Comes for balls he shouldnt, stays for balls he should. I dont know if this "2 keeper" system is good for either of them tbh.

Definitely need a new #1 in the summer

Opposition teams know they can lump the ball on top of either of our keepers and it will cause chaos.
But I would still start with McGregor ahead of McLaughlin until the end of the season.

A top class first choice goalie is needed in the summer, mclauclins contract runs out in 2024 and should not be extended.
So another no2 is needed if mcrorie isnt the answer

We were collectively poor for the goal but, agree JM was especially so. MB defended him after the game as you would expect and spoke about freshness and that he will continue to rotate He did then go on to say that as we have no more midweek games until the middle of March, freshness shouldn't be an issue so there would be less changes and as many subs.

We are in the market for a goalkeeper, I don't think that's any secret. Long overdue imo.

Surprised we seen him again after parkhead tbh , was at fault for the 4 goals , I know it doesn’t work like that but in a supporters head it should :D

Did you miss the save he pulled off earlier in the game. Who was marking white?
The secret of a great Rangers goalkeeper is not only the great saves he makes but just as important to make as few mistakes as possible.
Consistency of performance.
McLaughlin sadly can make great saves but equally he makes far too many mistakes which are likely to end in conceding.
Not the answer.
You simply can’t come out for a ball and flap or miss!

Tragic that people on here think he should be our number 1.

Most on here and in the stands could see last season that McGregor was done and McLaughlin wasn’t the answer.

Two transfer windows have passed by and we are still rotating our keepers and watching them flap all over the place.

Another howler from McLaughlin today.

Probably time to start looking at the goalkeeping coach, not just the keepers. I think most of us had assumed that McGregor's decline was age related (and it probably is to an extent) but the regression now in McLaughlin too, especially on cross balls, has the coach as the common denominator. New keeper 100% required but we have to bring in a new coach too I'd say.

Sold another goal today and doesn't spread any confidence. Our goalkeeping situation is a shambles.

You also have to have a look at our left back at their goal as well, his header under no pressure was straight to an opposing player, it was like watching a primary school player……horrendous

Coming for crosses isn’t his strong point but he did have a cracking save before his howler. Still need a new keeper maybe even 2 in the summer.

You also have to have a look at our left back at their goal as well, his header under no pressure was straight to an opposing player, it was like watching a primary school player……horrendous

There was another movement late on where Barišić was caught on the wrong side of his man, ball. Horrendous bit of defending, it’s like he never learns.

I’ve had enough of this keeper rotation.
Stick with McGregor till the end of the season then bring in 2 new keepers!!

We need a proper No.1!

As for a No.2 I wouldn’t be against enquiring about Zander Clark.

Most on here and in the stands could see last season that McGregor was done and McLaughlin wasn’t the answer.

Two transfer windows have passed by and we are still rotating our keepers and watching them flap all over the place.

Another howler from McLaughlin today.
Not sure you could say McLaughlin wasn’t the answer going into this season.
He had been the understudy for a while and hadn’t done anything major wrong so deserved the opportunity to stake his claim as number 1.
However he ain’t up to it but that’s different from using hindsight to malign him.
Happy to be corrected on goals he was culpable at consistently prior to this season.

We’ve been used to having the best goalkeepers in the country for all of my 4 decades of watching Rangers. It’s our weakest area at the moment. I’m sure Beale knows it and hopefully it will be addressed in the summer. Lack of confidence in the No1 can affect the whole team and I’m sure Mcglaughlins performance at Savile row sent us in to a bit of a tail spin. We just need to try and get to the end of the season with what we’ve got and hope there are no major balls ups.

Not sure you could say McLaughlin wasn’t the answer going into this season.
He had been the understudy for a while and hadn’t done anything major wrong so deserved the opportunity to stake his claim as number 1.
However he ain’t up to it but that’s different from using hindsight to malign him.
Happy to be corrected on goals he was culpable at consistently prior to this season.

I said it enough times last season. Never saw McLaughlin as a number 1. He’s proven that.

Defenders feel it, put's an extra pressure on when they know the keeper's not comfy coming from a ball coming into the box , and at this moment in time I'm sorry to say, that's what is happening to our goalkeeper of choice.

Quite embarrassing at their goal and flapping at the corner at the end.. just not good enough. We should have bought Zander Clark from st Johnstone. Young enough to improve and good enough to go straight in to the team
Sorry Zander you missed your chance.

People who have gone “all in” on McGregor bashing struggle to admit that Mcglaughlin is actually worse.

Kilmarnock should have been the wake up call. McGregor has his flaws but he’s still infinitely better.

Badly needs addressing in the summer. I just hope a goalkeeping howler isn’t the difference between winning one of the cups and not

That's because he's not.

People can rightly criticise McLaughlin for today and Killie, but McGregor literally had a catalogue of horrors last season that cost us the league.

All McGregor is better at is screaming until he's red in the face.

Very poor. Hopefully that's his last.
I'm surprised he survived the piggery debacle.

He had a horror show, granted, but do we just ignore McGregor vs Liverpool? Or Ross County? Or Hearts? Or Motherwell?

The fact we've got 3 completely mediocre goalkeepers is embarrassing.

I had said this on the match thread as well - I actually think this flapping at the balls coming in is unlike him. He's normally quite good at this and has shown it in the past.

We need a new keeper, that much is clear. Still think the jury is out on McCrorie and when he is fit he should be given a chance. Might be that he's not good enough but I certainly wouldn't base a single thing on his time on loan with any club in Scotland.

This constant rotation of the goalies is nonsense. It’s went on under a few managers now, so they must see a logic in it. I don’t understand it, especially when we are just building a relationship with the rest of the back 4

Back