Michael Stewart's 2004 trial with Rangers after being bumped by Manchester United

That’s what stood out for me.

He was a jambo ffs.

it’s a poor choice of words by the writer mate, what he is trying to say is “club he was at as a boy” as in during his “boyhood” not as a fan

Mmm pretty clear the tit has never been a rangers fan. The bitterness from our rejection is oozing out of him.

Typical fud who has had the piss taken out of him at Ibrox,gets bumped because of lack of ability and for being a wee bawsac. Reaction...slags us off at every opportunity afforded him by his employers at the bbc,who just by chance hate everything Rangers. A wee ginger clowns with no pals.Too much time on his hands to think of his time at Ibrox and how delusional he was thinking he could have been a contender.

Seems like someone who could have been a player but never kicked on - unless I am missing something he never really had a playing career of anywhere did he?

he is used to failure, maybe its why he is so depressed looking and become so bitter. Never wanted as a footballer and lets be honest has only a face a mother could love.

Rangers - no thanks as a youth
Man Utd - no thanks after a handful of games
Nottingham Forest - no thanks after a dozen games
Rangers - no thanks after a trial
Hearts (loan) - no thanks always injured
Hibs - wanted rid due to player unrest caused
Sunderland (trial) - no thanks
Hearts - Mutual consent - left
Gençlerbirliği - no thanks after 0 games
leeds - no thanks after 0 games
charlton - no thanks after a handful of games
With a record like that you've got to wonder how on earth he merits being a pundit.

The vast majority of footballers are mercenaries, however Stewart is of the worst kind. Left his boyhood club (Hearts) to directly sign with their biggest rivals. 180 games over a professional career is a very very poor return.

In his media career, he’ll be happy to say whatever his paymasters tell him to. He’s not in the media to bring any insight to the game, he’s only there to fill his pockets.

Guess he never got over it
I heard at the time it wasn’t because he couldn’t play because he wasn’t a bad player it was due to his attitude and the chance he would upset the dynamics of a happy dressing room that stopped him from being a Rangers player

I remember reading this edition, mainly because I remember reading about Mladenovic and building my hopes up.

The SNP candidate selection process rejected him and accepted Ferrier and MacKay.
Failure at getting picked, again.

Reactions: VGM
Still absolutely baffled as to why that says we were his boyhood club.

He was a Rangers youth player, probably wasn't called an academy back then. Rangers used Maryhill Juniors ground Lochburn Park for U15/16's games for a couple of years.

I watched him play for Rangers every couple of weeks and got to know his dad. His team a a fan was Hearts, despite playing for Rangers he was always going to go to Man Utd when he turned 16.

Has there ever been such a mediocre player with a nothing of a career who is passing judgement on our game on a weekly basis? I mean, 180 games no appearances for the Old Firm...an absolute nobody yet BBC give him a platform to spout tripe? why do we not have respected ex-players on there giving their insights?

Back