Missing Rangers fan

Very sad to hear of the man's death tonight and my heart goes out to his family and friends, another good man gone. Rest in peace Gregor.

W.A.T.P.

Terrible news. Thoughts and prayers with his family and friends.

It's worth reiterating - reach out to someone, even it's anonymously through the thread in the Lounge.

I gotta admit I am not good with words and I never knew Gregor but this thread has deeply affected me from the start, to see this outcome actually has me in tears.

Without knowing the ins and outs of it I want to pay the deepest condolences to all the immediate family and his friends on here.

A very sad conclusion RIP fellow bear.

the news that no-one wanted.

Beyond scary that you can have the largest support network of friends and associates but the mind can destroy that belief step by step until you're left with nothing.

Sending every bit of strength to his family and close friends who will no doubt spend many years asking "what if?" and whilst there might never be answers it's worth remembering that sometimes there's nothing you can do against the mind.

Remember and savour the good times folks.

Rest easy brother.

Great post - sometimes we as individuals chip away at ourselves constantly. It can take the craziest thing to send us to the next level and start considering the unthinkable is the best/only way out. Not once, not twice but many times over.

At some point when you consider the #metoo movement the role of the alpha male in just about every family will have to be reconsidered.

Whatever we have now sure as hell ain't working ... not by a long shot.

I didn't know him but I kept coming back to this hoping that all would work out ok in the end. Shattered to hear this news.

My thoughts and prayers go out to his family and to his mates.

RIP Gregor.

Tragic news. I’ve never met Gregor but everything I’ve read about him over the last few weeks tells me he was a top man and a thoroughly decent individual. It’s so sad that whatever it was that was on his mind has led to this, when it’s clear that there was so much support and love around him. Thoughts with his family and friends. RIP Gregor.

Sad sad news, R.I.P Gregor. I personally have been struggling through depression in the last year after a huge career change, and a fellow bear on my supporters bus helped me through it, and now another bear on the bus is going through a tough time and I'm there to help and listen. We as bears might not agree on everything but we are always there to help listen and be supportive to our fellow bears.

Well said SC, I don't wish ill will on anyone, but some folk almost deserve it for acting like arseholes on social media.
Just heard the tragic news this morning in Lanzarote. Respect and condolences to family and friends. This kind of thing is happening far too frequently. Something has to be created to help individuals who are struggling to get by. God bless Gregor and his loved ones.
R. I. P. young bluenose.

Truly awful news.

I only knew Gibby from the early days of the FFXI’s and hadn’t seen or played against him for years.

A couple of things I remember.

Going in for a 50/50, losing badly and seeing stars for the next 10 minutes. He was smaller but rock solid and fully committed.

In the early days of the FFXI’s it was so popular that it was real hard to get your name down in time. Gibby was always one of the first to reply and get his name down for the game that week. He’d quickly log out and log back in as his brother Scott and get his name down too.

The past few weeks must have been absolute torture for his wife and family and I don’t imagine it will get any easier for them in the weeks and months to come. Thoughts are with them.

Rest Easy Wee Gibby.
Scotty that is a lovely memory and absolutely on point,I think most of us would describe him the same way,I remember often flying through the air and landing with a thud after one of his tackles and I'd get up and say 'FFS Gibby',he'd just shrug and say 'Got the ball mate' :D,he was quick and athletic with good skills,he'd always be one of the ones you would be trying to get on your team when the captains were engaged in a six hour marathon team selection process on MSN every Friday.

I haven't played against him for years either but regularly bumped into him at games and chatted on Twitter.

I know it's still raw but I think it's good to remember the laughs we had with him and that continued with him and I every time I bumped into him, If he was somehow able to read your post he'd be having a good chuckle to himself.

I've been checking this tread every day hoping for a happy outcome & really saddened that this was not the case.

Condolences to Gregor's family & friends.

I worked across the road from Charlie Adam Snr.'s bar in Dundee for a while and got quite chatty with him over a few years. I remember the shock when he sadly died and the idea that someone so popular and well known wouldn't have been able to reach out. This all feels very similar and shows how terrible and isolating mental illness can be.

Last edited:
RIP Gregor from looking at the comments you sounded like a really decent lad my thoughts go out to your friends and family. so so sad :(

From the same area, but didn't know Gregor or his family (I think I was a couple of years behind his dad at primary school) but its desperately sad.

RIP

I lost a young cousin because of mental Health problems a few years back. I wish I could turn the clock back and sit down and talk to him. If only he knew he could have come to me and anyone else in the family and we would have happily listened to him and would not have judged him no matter what he had to say.

I would honestly give the time and listen to ANYONE suffering from mental health problems, it has no boundaries who it affects.

I hope Gregor is now at peace.

RIP

So so sad. Far too young and way too much of life ahead of him. I only hope the lads passing will raise awareness and maybe help save others in similar situations. Sleep easy young Bear.

Back