Missing Rangers fan

RIP didn’t know him or his family, seems to be a very likeable chap. seems to be popular with some bears on here too. think it would be a good idea for someone to start a go fund page or sumthing to potentially raise a couple of grand for his wife and kids.

A truly horrible day for many people I know and a couple who became family through our friendship. My heart and wishes go to you all this evening.

I didn't know Gibby well, only ever spoke through other mutual friends and I'll have played either with or against him some time back. I can only echo what others have said, a truly good guy with a good wit and one of us.

There's been a lot of discussion today and via social media 're stigma and mental health. The facts are that we don't have any facts just now and I'm not aware of anything being mentioned this far in that area so its very easy to draw conclusions. Perhaps se will find out uf there was a clue or trigger.

Please fellow fans, do not continue to suffer. We have a massive thread in the Lounge and also a common cause now. Although we do not know what happened, should anyone need anything from any of us, use our support. A rant, a cry, a rage, a shoulder, advice, somebody to carry us over that emotional period. So much help is there with zero judgement and even less caring of what, why how or where.[/QUOTE

Well said.

There should be no stigma in opening up.

Last edited:
Didnt know gibby per say, have many friends on fb who were really close to him and his brother . I know his dad well though when I was told last night about the finding of clothing my heart sank. I'm gutted now a young man with the world ahead of him and hees gone.
I hope now the family get time to let them grieve in private..
Absent friends..

I have been checking the thread on a daily basis hoping for a miracle. It is clear from the tributes that Gregor was a fine young man. I had never had the privilege of meeting him unlike many others on here, but being brought up in Woodhill I know what a great man Gibby senior is. Condolences to the family at this awful time.

RIP Gregor

Gutted for his family and the many many others who had an affinity for Gregor. From the moment he went missing the well wishing and support was immediate and clearly heartfelt. Never met him, but the tributes speak volumes about who he was as a man.

Condolences to his family and friends and to all affected. Rest in peace fellow bear.

Really sad news, a guy held in such high regard by so many that met him. Thoughts with all of them and his family.

Terrible news.Thoughts with his family and friends.Rest in peace Gregor.

I have known Gregor since he was born and he has been a member of our RSC since it was founded 24 years ago .
We are all in shock at the loss of such a young man .
Our thoughts are with Gregor,s wife Leanne ,Mum ,Dad and brother Scott.
Will forever be in our thoughts

Last edited:
Rest easy brother bear.
Sad that you'll never know just how fondly you were thought of.

Not saying this was the case here. But, if you notice a change in anyone don't let it slide. You be the one to ask. You be the one to step up.
You never know the difference you can make.

Condolences to the family.

Some lovely words for a good wee guy, great bear and team mate and fierce opponent who always gave 100% and got stuck in.

I've no idea why this has happened and what he was going through and just wish he'd reached out to one of his many friends that maybe he didn't realise were there for him.

To his family, friends, team mates and colleagues and even those who didn't know him but showed concern through the past few weeks I send heart felt condolences and urge anyone who doesn't feel right at any point to reach out to anyone be it on here or to a friend as this tragedy is heartbreaking and we don't want it happening again.

RIP young man

Last edited:
I haven't really said much about this situation as it all felt utterly surreal.

Gibby was part of the Rangers Family. The guys and girls you meet that share your love for our club. Matching his passion was never easy for anyone, and like most of us he defined himself as a Rangers man.

As @daven37 said earlier, he was hugely popular at FF11s and 7s. Always stepped up to help run games, always one of the first to have his name down to play. He loved the competition, as many an ear-bent ref and opposing player can testify.

I've had mates who only met him through the odd game of football message me during all this hoping for good news. He truly was well-liked.

There's many, many people who knew him better than I ever did. This one will hit them hard. From my family, friends, and all of myself, I offer condolences to everyone.

We'll miss you Gregor.

Nice words Strider.

Truly awful news.

I only knew Gibby from the early days of the FFXI’s and hadn’t seen or played against him for years.

A couple of things I remember.

Going in for a 50/50, losing badly and seeing stars for the next 10 minutes. He was smaller but rock solid and fully committed.

In the early days of the FFXI’s it was so popular that it was real hard to get your name down in time. Gibby was always one of the first to reply and get his name down for the game that week. He’d quickly log out and log back in as his brother Scott and get his name down too.

The past few weeks must have been absolute torture for his wife and family and I don’t imagine it will get any easier for them in the weeks and months to come. Thoughts are with them.

Rest Easy Wee Gibby.

Terrible news. Just awful.

I never even met Gregor, but I didn't need to have met him to know everything I need to know about him. All anyone would have to do is read the comments on this thread from his family, close friends and all those who knew him.

Clearly a really lovely guy who will leave a massive hole in the lives of those who knew him. All I can offer in condolence is that that hole won't always have such jagged edges. Eventually, it will be the happy memories and love that each of you felt that will be your abiding memories.

Sleep well, fellow bear, and I pray that all those so deeply touched by these events can find comfort from the outpouring of genuine loss that tells us all how good a man was Gibby.

Just in from work and to see this has made my heart drop.
My thoughts are with all his family and friends.
Sleep easy fellow Ranger.

Reading this it's incredible how many people knew Gibby and loved him. The thing coming across is how he lacked any malice, or side. You met him and knew he was straight up.
Its' a family thing ,his Gran was the most straight up person, you would ever meet .

Only really knew Gregor (Gibby) through Monday night 7 a sides.

Always first to turn up
Always ready with a joke about late comers or mismatching tops and getting a laugh
Always something interesting to talk about
Always up for the game and his enthusiasm was infectious.

Enjoyed playing in his team, hated playing against him, could read me like a book.

We have lost a popular and fine Rangers man.

To his closest friends and family, @Mathias - stay strong.

Such a sad loss.

Honoured to have known you.

RIP Gregor.
true words m8 .
with the Angel's hell be singing follow follow

No words, just awful news.

Thoughts with his family and the loads of friends he had here and elsewhere.

Fucking tragic. RIP young man.

Bloody shame. So sad to think that there are so many out there who feel they need to resort to this. Such a sad and hidden illness amongst us.
Rest in peace kid.

I have been checking the thread on a daily basis hoping for a miracle. It is clear from the tributes that Gregor was a fine young man. I had never had the privilege of meeting him unlike many others on here, but being brought up in Woodhill I know what a great man Gibby senior is. Condolences to the family at this awful time.

RIP Gregor

My daughter went to school with Scott. I just remember his dad from the school gate but they seemed a lovely family. We're heartbroken for them and all his friends on here. You can see just how sorely he'll be missed by them.

A truly horrible day for many people I know and a couple who became family through our friendship. My heart and wishes go to you all this evening.

I didn't know Gibby well, only ever spoke through other mutual friends and I'll have played either with or against him some time back. I can only echo what others have said, a truly good guy with a good wit and one of us.

There's been a lot of discussion today and via social media 're stigma and mental health. The facts are that we don't have any facts just now and I'm not aware of anything being mentioned this far in that area so its very easy to draw conclusions. Perhaps se will find out uf there was a clue or trigger.

Please fellow fans, do not continue to suffer. We have a massive thread in the Lounge and also a common cause now. Although we do not know what happened, should anyone need anything from any of us, use our support. A rant, a cry, a rage, a shoulder, advice, somebody to carry us over that emotional period. So much help is there with zero judgement and even less caring of what, why how or where.

Very true words.

A silent killer amongst men in the UK.

Shameful stats for it and stigmatised.

My heart goes out to his Family and Friends.

the news that no-one wanted.

Beyond scary that you can have the largest support network of friends and associates but the mind can destroy that belief step by step until you're left with nothing.

Sending every bit of strength to his family and close friends who will no doubt spend many years asking "what if?" and whilst there might never be answers it's worth remembering that sometimes there's nothing you can do against the mind.

Remember and savour the good times folks.

Rest easy brother.

Back