Missing Rangers fan

So sad. Didn’t know the guy at all, but gone far too young. My heart goes out to his family. RIP

Only really knew Gregor (Gibby) through Monday night 7 a sides.

Always first to turn up
Always ready with a joke about late comers or mismatching tops and getting a laugh
Always something interesting to talk about
Always up for the game and his enthusiasm was infectious.

Enjoyed playing in his team, hated playing against him, could read me like a book.

We have lost a popular and fine Rangers man.

To his closest friends and family, @Mathias - stay strong.

Such a sad loss.

Honoured to have known you.

RIP Gregor.

Lovely words dav,
Cheers mate! I’ll see you soon

This news has saddened a lot of us. My heart sank when I read it. Thoughts are with Gregor's family and the many people on here who knew him.

Just awful, didn’t know him but was immediately obvious from the stories how well liked he was. Poor guy

I remember we used to play football out the back of the cadder freestone when we were kids. Dads in the bar having a drink.... sometimes we’d use an empty coke can but it was still as competitive. Roll on the years through 5s, 7s and 11s and it was always 100% effort and it was expected from those around you too.
Can’t get my head round this at all mate. Thoughts are with your family. Sleep easy Gibby, you’ll be missed

Rest easy fellow Bear. Never knew Gregor but have followed this and hoped for the best, had a tear in my eye when I seen the appeal to find him on the big screens at Ibrox. It's just so sad and the thoughts to all his family and friends. He was one of our own

Like many on here didn’t know the man but kept looking in and hoping for a positive ending.
Clearly well liked and respected by many people but such a horrible end for those left behind.

Very sad news, RIP Gregor.

I wish the family and friends strength in this awful time.

Anyone with troubles that seem impossible please talk to someone, friend, family, Samaritans, fellow bear on here, GP. People care and want to help.
116 123 when in a crisis.

I kept popping in here hoping for good news I’m gutted for all his friends and family going by this thread he seemed an incredibly well liked guy with a heart of gold, I hope he’s at peace and his family can hopefully get some closure now.

Rest Easy Gregor.

I haven't really said much about this situation as it all felt utterly surreal.

Gibby was part of the Rangers Family. The guys and girls you meet that share your love for our club. Matching his passion was never easy for anyone, and like most of us he defined himself as a Rangers man.

As @daven37 said earlier, he was hugely popular at FF11s and 7s. Always stepped up to help run games, always one of the first to have his name down to play. He loved the competition, as many an ear-bent ref and opposing player can testify.

I've had mates who only met him through the odd game of football message me during all this hoping for good news. He truly was well-liked.

There's many, many people who knew him better than I ever did. This one will hit them hard. From my family, friends, and all of myself, I offer condolences to everyone.

We'll miss you Gregor.

Even sitting at the game last night there were people in the row behind me talking about the lad and how they knew him through football and how sound he was. This is so sad for those impacted by it personally, and all of us on here who hoped for a positive outcome.

%^*& %^*& %^*& had myself convinced this was turning out differently... condolences to all friends, families and acquaintances. Seems we've lost another amazing member of the Rangers Family. Sleep easy fella

Gutted when I heard the news today.

Like others, met Gibby through FF 11s/7s and he was a cracking lad. I knew his brother Scott a lot more since I played with him for years when we were younger. Great family and I'm just gutted for the lot of them.

Must've been horrendous for the last 3 weeks or so. I hope now they can at least get a wee bit of closure knowing he's been found.

RIP Gibby.

Came from roughly my neck of the woods growing up would be shocked if I didn't know someone close to him but a few generations away from him age wise.

There can be no bigger tribute than what people have said about the lad-consistently positive.

Tragic news. I hope all who knew him are focusing on the positivity he seemed to generate. You can never meet enough characters in life.

A truly horrible day for many people I know and a couple who became family through our friendship. My heart and wishes go to you all this evening.

I didn't know Gibby well, only ever spoke through other mutual friends and I'll have played either with or against him some time back. I can only echo what others have said, a truly good guy with a good wit and one of us.

There's been a lot of discussion today and via social media 're stigma and mental health. The facts are that we don't have any facts just now and I'm not aware of anything being mentioned this far in that area so its very easy to draw conclusions. Perhaps se will find out uf there was a clue or trigger.

Please fellow fans, do not continue to suffer. We have a massive thread in the Lounge and also a common cause now. Although we do not know what happened, should anyone need anything from any of us, use our support. A rant, a cry, a rage, a shoulder, advice, somebody to carry us over that emotional period. So much help is there with zero judgement and even less caring of what, why how or where.

Back