Missing Rangers fan

Never knew the lad, this is truly heartbreaking.
All thoughts and prayers are with his family and friends at this terribly sad time.
Rest in peace young man.

Devastating news what a sad loss of life!!

RIP peace Gregor.

Thoughts and prayers are with his wife and children.

R. I. P Gregor

IMG-20190726-150716.jpg

Just a note that if anyone is reading this and feels like things are closing in on them know that you can seek help. We are Rangers, together.

PM anyone on here - myself obviously included - or reach out to friends and family.
There is always another way.

Samaritans- 116 123
Breathing Space - 0800 83 85 87

The family used to site two rows in front of us in the govan in the early 90s when he was just a wee boy. Who would have thought this tragedy awaited him and his poor family god bless them all.

Sorry to read this news absolutely tragic, gutted for his family and friends that have all put in a tremendous effort to find him, so very sad

The truth is I never expected a happy ending once a couple of weeks had passed, but I wouldn’t have dared say such a thing knowing that the poor blokes family and friends would have been looking in on this thread, and I wouldn’t have wanted to rob them of any hope.

All I can say is I never knew him, but he was clearly a very nice, much loved guy. I’m truly gutted for his family and gutted for his friends with whom he clearly had many. To his mates on this thread, I’m sorry for your loss and I hope time is an effective healer for you.

[QUO. TE="Danger Zone, post: 4003084, member: 14356"]The truth is I never expected a happy ending once a couple of weeks had passed, but I wouldn’t have dared say such a thing knowing that the poor blokes family and friends would have been looking in on this thread, and I wouldn’t have wanted to rob them of any hope.

All I can say is I never knew him, but he was clearly a very nice, much loved guy. I’m truly gutted for his family and gutted for his friends with whom he clearly had many. To his mates on this thread, I’m sorry for your loss and I hope time is an effective healer for you.[/QUOTE]

Hope is a fine but fleeting thing.

Only really knew Gregor (Gibby) through Monday night 7 a sides.

Always first to turn up
Always ready with a joke about late comers or mismatching tops and getting a laugh
Always something interesting to talk about
Always up for the game and his enthusiasm was infectious.

Enjoyed playing in his team, hated playing against him, could read me like a book.

We have lost a popular and fine Rangers man.

To his closest friends and family, @Mathias - stay strong.

Such a sad loss.

Honoured to have known you.

RIP Gregor.

Really sad to hear this outcome. Played with Gregor at Rangers South and Rangers BC for a few years during my teens and he was probably the teammate I was closest to at the time. Good memories of trips away to the Easter tournaments at Blackpool and Holland.

My favourite memory of him was seeing how buzzing he was when one game he got asked to captain the team and wear an armband on his Rangers top.

Popped up to watch the Union Bears tournament at Cambuslang Rangers a month or two back and noticed he was playing for one of the teams but never got the chance to say hello.

Thoughts with his mum, dad, brother, wife and extended family.

RIP Gregor

Devastating news, hopefully at peace now. My thoughts are with Robert, Kim, Scott, Leanne and extended family. God bless x

RIP Gibby.

Only really knew Gregor (Gibby) through Monday night 7 a sides.

Always first to turn up
Always ready with a joke about late comers or mismatching tops and getting a laugh
Always something interesting to talk about
Always up for the game and his enthusiasm was infectious.

Enjoyed playing in his team, hated playing against him, could read me like a book.

We have lost a popular and fine Rangers man.

To his closest friends and family, @Mathias - stay strong.

Such a sad loss.

Honoured to have known you.

RIP Gregor.
Most people will have a similar story to tell about him. Met him through Rangers games or playing football.

Instantly loveable, big hearted, funny, infectiously cheery, a pain in the arse to play against. Its still really hard to get my head round it.

I would class him as a friend and always spoke to him whenever i seen him but theres people on here a lot closer to him than i am, if im feeling like this god knows how theyre coping.

Back